PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fan on Fox Atlanta News!!! (My Dad, hes pretty cool)

MyDadsASteelersFan
07-06-2012, 06:41 PM
My Dad is a HUGE Steelers fan, but is not acquainted with internet forums!
I was able to place a copy of his 5 minutes of fame on youtube. He was amazed when I showed him that it was getting unique views from around the world.
I am hoping to show him these forums later on, but I want to surprise him with a response by posting here. Maybe I can get him to use the forums to his advantage.
George, my Dad is one of the biggest Steelers fans in the country and searches for new memorabilia on a daily basis. He lives and breathes black and gold!
His home, he has dedicated to the Steelers by creating a 2500 SQFT shrine dedicated to them, and also attends the Steelers camp.

Please welcome my Dad, and I hope to get him started here. Here is his video on youtube if youre interested!
Steelers Man Cave -- Biggest Pittsburgh Steelers Collection! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Q03eVxE9A)

Go Steelers!

hawaiiansteel
07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
very, very cool! :tt2

BURGH86STEEL
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice story. That's the ultimate Steeler's man cave.

8467thekraken
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
welcome to the forum. awaiting my invite to the ultimate man cave! just awesome.

bostonsteeler
07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
That's sooo cool!! You have an awesome old man.

Va Steelr
07-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I feel like I just met the prez of steeler nation !!!!

D Rock
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Dang! I guess I clearly don't have the biggest Steelers collection in the Atlanta area.

SteelCrazy
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
cool......i like the dog named after Ziggy. I got a boxer thats 8 years old and his name...........Bettis!

RuthlessBurgher
07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
cool......i like the dog named after Ziggy. I got a boxer thats 8 years old and his name...........Bettis!

I currently have a cat named Pouncey...Used to have a dog named Rooney and a guinea pig named Franco.

Djfan
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice. Very nice.

flippy
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
It was cool until I realized the video was right before the Steelers' SuperBowl loss to the Packers. Maybe he jinxed us that night :)

In seriousness, my favorite part is the LockerRoom. How cool is that to have extra gear available for people not wearing black and gold. That's very welcoming. Very Pittsburgh.

RuthlessBurgher
07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
In seriousness, my favorite part is the LockerRoom. How cool is that to have extra gear available for people not wearing black and gold. That's very welcoming. Very Pittsburgh.

I could probably do that...I have all sorts of Terrible Towels, and Steeler jerseys of all sizes (multiple players for me, my wife, and each of my kids that we could lend out to visitors who came to watch a game). If we run out of Steeler jerseys, there are always hats/t-shirt/sweatshirts, etc...and I could always move on to Penguins gear in a pinch.

:tt2:tt1

flippy
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I could probably do that...I have all sorts of Terrible Towels, and Steeler jerseys of all sizes (multiple players for me, my wife, and each of my kids that we could lend out to visitors who came to watch a game). If we run out of Steeler jerseys, there are always hats/t-shirt/sweatshirts, etc...and I could always move on to Penguins gear in a pinch.

:tt2:tt1

If I ever had the time, resources, and space to do a shrine, I'd pay homage to all things Pittsburgh. I'd have a replica of the 3 rivers running through my man cave. I'd have an incline ride that's the only way in or out. I'd have Steelers, Pens, Pirates sections. I'd pay homage to the Carnegies, Warhols, and Westinghouses. I'd probably even hire a Polish lady that can make everyone Pierogis that comes to visit.

Why am I wasting time reading this when I could be investing and working toward a real Pittsburgh shrine? ;)

feltdizz
07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
The incline is easy floppy... just paint one of those chair lifts red and black.

The locker room idea is beast...

MyDadsASteelersFan
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow guys thanks for the responses, my dad has been reading the comments and is getting a kick out of seeing you guys interact! The video misses a lot of the basement... including the entire full Steelers bar! I must say this has been a treat, and when we return home I'm getting him signed up here on his computer. Hows the buy/sell/trade here?

hawaiiansteel
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow guys thanks for the responses, my dad has been reading the comments and is getting a kick out of seeing you guys interact!

please tell your Mom I think she's pretty cool too for allowing your Dad to have his dream mancave. my wife lets me have a Steelers' shrine but she limits me to only one room...:(

fordfixer
07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the Planet to both you and you Dad