PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Fantasy Football league

D Rock
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
It's about that time again to start looking in to the fantasy football leagues on Yahoo. As always, last years players will have first dibs on a spot in this years league.

It looks like some players from last year have become pretty minimal posters on the board, but I'm pretty sure it will send an email when I renew the league.

The teams and/or managers in the league I set up were:

Myself
eniparadoxgma
Hostile squirrels
Iron Shiek
Chadman
Kiwi
Asian
PsychoWard
Ruthless
Smash's Steelers
SF in TO
Toe Jam Football

If you want to play again then leave a message here and claim your spot!

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm in, of course...I wonder if the start of fantasy season will draw the likes of Kiwi Sarah back onto the board...and that Asian fellow as well...I hope he didn't retire from the board when Hines Ward retired from the Steelers. :mad:

AngryAsian
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
In!... as usual

pfelix73
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Add me, please...

Iron Shiek
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I am down to play. I'll be around here more now that we are getting closer to the season!

Steelgal
07-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I was in a different league, but ran by someone here as well. can't remember who, sorry..... If they start it up again, I'm in.

D Rock
07-20-2012, 07:39 AM
I was in a different league, but ran by someone here as well. can't remember who, sorry..... If they start it up again, I'm in.

Jooser and the Mt. Mama League. Hopefully he is willing to run his again and we can sister them out and battle it out with dual leagues again.

D Rock
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I have renewed the league and sent invites to last years players...check your emails and the password to sign up should be there, if it is not someone please let me know and I will give that out.

The live draft is set for August 25th at 8:30 PM eastern time.

Scoring settings will be carried over from last year's league.

New for this year:

KEEPER LEAGUE!

Every team will be allowed to designate two players as their keeper players. By doing so you will sacrifice your pick in the round you selected that player last year. If you picked the player up as an undrafted player then you be designated as drafting that player in the last round (or last two rounds) of the draft. I can edit draft order and put players in place, so that will all be accounted for before the draft occurs and the list of keeper players and their draft position will be posted for everyone to see.

The deadline for designating keeper players in Monday, August 20th, one week before the draft.

DRAFT ORDER:

This years draft order will be randomly assigned, and I will have that done as soon as all the spots are filled.

Deadline for 'advanced registration':

Last years players have first dibs on registration, and any spots not accepted before 11:59 PM eastern time on Monday, August 13th, will be offered to players in the order in which they express interest in this thread. New players taking the spot of last years participants will be randomly assigned a vacated roster from last years league from which to select their 2 keeper players.

Please respond to this thread with any questions, comments, or concerns about the way the league is set up.

D Rock
07-23-2012, 07:05 PM
To view the results of last years draft for keeper player compensation rounds, go to the 'Draft Central' tab at the top of the page in the red toolbar and at the bottom of the drop down list click on the link for 'Last season'

D Rock
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Options to consider, now that I've though about things some more:

should it be 1 or 2 keeper players? with a 12 team league, is 24 players too many to have held out of the true draft?

and should we do random draw for draft order or model it directly off of the NFL with reverse order from worst to champion, not snaking at the end of rounds?

SteelTorch
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm in, provided it's not too late to join in. If it is, then, oh well. :P

D Rock
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm in, provided it's not too late to join in. If it is, then, oh well. :P

I'll put you on the list to fill spots unclaimed by last years players

AngryAsian
07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I think 1 keeper player would be good, especially with such a deep pool of 12teams. As for draft order.... I think standard snake is fine with a reshuffle of a random order fresh for this year. Maybe someone who may not have enjoyed their last year's draft position, maybe looking forward to a redemption in tghis year's draft. Just my 2 cents.

D Rock
07-25-2012, 06:58 AM
I think 1 keeper player would be good, especially with such a deep pool of 12teams. As for draft order.... I think standard snake is fine with a reshuffle of a random order fresh for this year. Maybe someone who may not have enjoyed their last year's draft position, maybe looking forward to a redemption in tghis year's draft. Just my 2 cents.

I agree on the keepers.

Every team may select ONLY 1 KEEPER to be drafted in the same round as they were last year.

If more than one player is designated as a keeper by a team then I will assign only the player with the higher draft round to them.

RuthlessBurgher
07-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Can we know the draft order before we decide who to keep?

For example, if you know that you have the 12th pick in round 1, you may decide that it may be worth keeping your first round pick from last year, but if you have the 1st pick in round 1, you may decide to throw your first round pick back and keep someone else instead.

Iron Shiek
07-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah, it likely would be helpful what Ruthless mentions. But it won't matter for me, Ryan Matthews in the 6th round is a steal.

The big problem for me is the draft date. I leave for Jamaica that day and won't be able to participate live. I'm fine with pre-ranking my players, but if there was potential to move it back a day or two to 8/23 or 8/24 without ruffling too many feathers, that would be sweet.

D Rock
07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I liked the idea of blind draft spots...it's like trading a future 1st round pick...you never know where you will be drafting. I personally think that makes it a whole lot more interesting and risky, and therefore fun.

Chadman
07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Oops- Chadman should read this thread...already joined in!

DrCalculus
07-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a serious issue with the "surrender a pick in the same round as you drafted the player last year" thing.

Obviously the strategy is to keep the best player at the lowest cost pick. My guess is that most people will be trying to find a bargain from among their 11-20 round picks (I realize that this might not be what everyone does, but it is the most logical option --- although if Chadman, for example, picks towards the end of round 1 and doesn't see any chance of getting a RB of LeSean McCoy's value, I could see him keeping McCoy and surrendering a 1st).

What this means is that if you got extraordinarily lucky with a late pick last year (i.e. DRock with Rob Gronkowski or Chadman with Darren Sproles, both in round 16) or got lucky when you pulled the trigger on an undrafter player who suddenly blossomed into a star (Asian with both Cam Newton and Victor Cruz, who each counts as an undrafted player and a 20th round pick), you will now get REWARDED FOR THE LUCKY PICK A SECOND TIME. That makes sense in the real NFL when you are building a team and keeping players year to year and dealing with contracts and a salary cap and a reverse draft order and so on...but there are none of those balances built into a fantasy league. I think that is over-rewarding people for a lucky draft selection last year.

This should have been decided on LAST SEASON, because it would have changed the draft / free agent / trade strategy for those of us who finished out of the playoff picture. Or instead of drafting a backup defense or tight end with a 19th round pick on draft day, maybe you'd have been more likely to take a flier on a rookie you hoped might blossom in 2012 and stash him on your bench. You don't see the NFL suddenly announcing to teams right before the draft that they are changing the rules for how players are selected. That is done far enough in advance to plan a multi-year strategy.

So if we are really married to the idea of having a keeper player, I think the fairer way to handle it is that you should have to surrender the pick corresponding to the player's current Yahoo Average Draft Position.

1-12 = 1st round pick
13-24 = 2nd round pick
25-36 = 3rd round pick
etc

Then you are surrendering FAIR VALUE for the player.

D Rock
07-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Making it more like the NFL is exactly what I want. And I didn't announce it last year because keeper leagues are something new that Yahoo is promoting heavily and adding a lot of tools and options to work with this year.

I don't think reverse draft order, although I would like to do it, I don't think it would be a factor which makes keeper players unfair. Salary cap and contracts might make undrafted NFL players a bit more desirable, but really not that much more than a 5-7th round draft pick.

I completely understand your concern with altering last years strategy if you knew about this, but I checked through everyone's rosters and it seemed like there was a solid option for everyone. I believe you were the Hostile Squirrels, which means you could have Adrian Peterson in the 1st or Matt Forte in the 2nd...I know both are coming off injuries, but both also will be top notch players more than worth those draft positions come the end of the season and playoff time. If you don't like them, then Eli Manning in the 7th is a good value seeing as how he was the league's 9th highest scoring player last year.

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Using a mere 11th round pick to keep Steve Smith would be tempting for me, but I think I'm leaning toward just giving up my 1st round pick to keep Arian Foster...he should still be a beast in spite of his veganism.

DrCalculus
07-27-2012, 09:45 PM
No, I was Psycho Ward, not Squirrels. I don't have much to pick from in my late round picks --- used most of them on defensive players, which isn't worth a keeper.

The problem with saying that you want to make this league more like the NFL is that you can't do one thing without the other and have it be fair. The NFL has systems in place to promote parity: salary cap, reverse order draft, strength of schedule. Those things are in place to prevent the best teams from also having the chance to draft the best players. Yes, teams get lucky with late round picks and then get the added benefit of keeping them the next year. But if those picks produce at a high level and bring their team wins, then the team picks lower in the draft the following year and plays a harder schedule. The rules that you are proposing offer neither of those balances.

And its not about who I have available to pick from, because I have a couple of decent options for the cost of a 6th or 7th round pick. It's the fact that other owners --- and I'm looking at Asian's roster, in particular (not to pick on him here, but he stands out as having the best cost-value differential) --- have the option of getting a player like Cam Newton or Victor Cruz when the rest of us are picking our backup tight end or kicker. Suppose Asian decides to go with Newton and is satisfied that Newton will have a 2012 season comparable to last year. Then he is set at QB --- for a 20th round pick. Who else is getting a top-5 production (talking fantasy points, not NFL wins) QB with a 20th round pick --- and what now amounts to 2 years in a row? He can now get RB-WR-RB-WR in rounds 1-4, getting elite talent at those positions, and still have a top-5 QB despite not wasting a 1-4 round pick on the player. He'll actually be picking his BACKUP QB when most of the rest of us are picking our starting QB. That is totally unbalanced.

If you really want to promote this as being a fair, the best way to do a keeper has nothing to do with where you got the player the year before. Assign the ADP to the player and it costs a pick relative to that position based on a 12-round draft === that's giving the players their TRUE value, not how you managed to luck into the players last year. I don't see how you can argue that this is not a fairer method, other than the fact that it would make Gronkowski cost a 4th round pick instead of a 16th. And if that's your reasoning, then its a conflict of interest for you to make this rule as commissioner.

D Rock
07-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I made the rule before I looked at where anyone was drafted, because I had to in order to create the league. I also proposed a reverse draft order which would have knowingly put myself drafting 10th...There was quick disagreement to that from multiple people. If you think I set this league up to benefit myself then you are greatly mistaken. No one else seems to have a problem with it, so sorry, but you still do have the choice to not play if you really don't like it.

Chadman
07-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Keeper league, no keeper league...whatever. Chadman's happy to play along.

In fact, not even going to complicate things as to 'value' of the keeper pick- Chadman will just select McCoy withoput thinking- why? Because value be damned- if you get the opportunity to guarentee a player being on your roster- pick the best one you can get. If it means giving up a #1 pick, so be it. McCoy wouldn't be available at the end of Round 1 anyway.

D Rock
08-01-2012, 12:21 AM
No, I was Psycho Ward, not Squirrels. I don't have much to pick from in my late round picks --- used most of them on defensive players, which isn't worth a keeper.

Torrey Smith in the 20th round sounds like a pretty darn good deal if you ask me. A rookie catching 50/841/7 TDs is an awesome season.

You can have him for what would at the earliest be the 229th pick, when he finished 75th overall last year and is projected at 77 this year. You are getting value of somewhere between 152 and 163 draft spots by doing that. The only players who may be better values are Gronk (164-175 value), Victor Cruz (207-218) and Cam Newton (216-227), who are both owned last year by Asian.

I'll agree to cap the value gained at 163, thereby forcing myself to take Gronk in the 15th rather than 16th round, and if Asian will agree to having to select between keeping Aaron Rodgers or using a 14th on Newton or 15th on Cruz than we can go that route and make it more fair.

What do you say to that Asian? Are you okay with making that gut wrenching decision?

D Rock
08-01-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm leaning heavily towards thinking that the best thing to do might be having the 1st round run in reverse order of last years finish for competitive balance, and then a random order with snaking selections for rounds 2-20.

Everyone has a good keeper pick option so I see no reason to change the rules on that from what has been stated. For anyone still unclear, when you sign up and get in to the "My Team" homepage, a box will pop up telling you the time left until the draft. There is a link at the bottom of this box to choose your keeper player - all you need to do is follow that link, check mark on box for the keeper player you want, and go to the bottom and save your selection with the 'Set Keepers' button. From there I will insert that player in to your draft order in the round they were selected last year when the draft time comes. You will not need to do anything besides sit back and have one of your selections already made for you in the round in which your keeper is designated.

steelz09
08-01-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm in the League Name:
Jooser's Mt. Mama League

How do you renew the team/league as indicated in the above posts?

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm leaning heavily towards thinking that the best thing to do might be having the 1st round run in reverse order of last years finish for competitive balance, and then a random order with snaking selections for rounds 2-20.

Everyone has a good keeper pick option so I see no reason to change the rules on that from what has been stated. For anyone still unclear, when you sign up and get in to the "My Team" homepage, a box will pop up telling you the time left until the draft. There is a link at the bottom of this box to choose your keeper player - all you need to do is follow that link, check mark on box for the keeper player you want, and go to the bottom and save your selection with the 'Set Keepers' button. From there I will insert that player in to your draft order in the round they were selected last year when the draft time comes. You will not need to do anything besides sit back and have one of your selections already made for you in the round in which your keeper is designated.

I don't like the idea of the first round being reverse order than a random order for the 2nd round (snaking thereafter). If you do that, what if the guy who was 12th last year (and therefore first this year), also randomly gets chosen to be first in round 2 as well (picking 1st overall and then again 13th would be a huge advantage in a 12 team league). Also what if the guy who was 1st last year (and therefore 12th this year), also randomly gets chosen to be last in round 2 as well (picking 12th and then not again until 24th would be a huge disadvantage in a 12 team league). I don't care if you decide to base the draft order on the reverse of last year, or on a completely new random order, but I whatever you chose to do for round 1, I think it is better to just snake from there as usual, rather than changing the rules for round 2, potentially giving someone a tremendous advantage or disadvantage based on that sudden switch from round 1 to round 2. Hope that makes sense.

Iron Shiek
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't like the idea of the first round being reverse order than a random order for the 2nd round (snaking thereafter). If you do that, what if the guy who was 12th last year (and therefore first this year), also randomly gets chosen to be first in round 2 as well (picking 1st overall and then again 13th would be a huge advantage in a 12 team league). Also what if the guy who was 1st last year (and therefore 12th this year), also randomly gets chosen to be last in round 2 as well (picking 12th and then not again until 24th would be a huge disadvantage in a 12 team league). I don't care if you decide to base the draft order on the reverse of last year, or on a completely new random order, but I whatever you chose to do for round 1, I think it is better to just snake from there as usual, rather than changing the rules for round 2, potentially giving someone a tremendous advantage or disadvantage based on that sudden switch from round 1 to round 2. Hope that makes sense.

Completely agree with this.

D Rock
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Completely agree with this.

It was late...I had a lot of ideas in my head...

after sleeping on it and reading your thoughts I fully agree as well that that idea would not work well.

Chadman
08-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Doesn't matter where Chadman picks- he'll still wipe the floor with your bleeding, crying caracass.... just sayin.

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Doesn't matter where Chadman picks- he'll still wipe the floor with your bleeding, crying caracass.... just sayin.

I propose one more new rule then...Chadman gets the last 8 picks of the 19th round, then all 12 picks in the 20th round, and that's it. Good luck. :p

D Rock
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I propose one more new rule then...Chadman gets the last 8 picks of the 19th round, then all 12 picks in the 20th round, and that's it. Good luck. :p

And then LeSean McCoy rushes for 5,000 yards and 80 TDs. The world explodes.

DrCalculus
08-02-2012, 12:53 AM
I have an additional concern, maybe you already addressed it. What are we doing if some of last years 12 owners do not want to play this year and we need to get new owners? How will they have the option of a keeper if they don't have a roster? Do they just not get a keeper? Do they inherit another team, and if so, how does that get assigned to them?

Not trying to be an ass, just trying to make sure this is as fair as possible. These were the issues that year after year kept a league I was in from using keepers. Multiple years in a row it seemed like five out of 10 owners thought it was a GREAT idea, two others had crappy rosters and hated the idea of keepers, and the last three spots kept getting turned over with new owners who then caused a huge bit of drama about not having any players to pick from and demanding to get the top draft picks.

D Rock
08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
yeah I had planned on giving unclaimed rosters to players who have expressed interest in joining and were not in last year's league on a random draw. That's all in a post somewhere earlier in the thread...I think it's on page 1.

Jooser
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
The Mt. Mama League has been created.

ID# 329829
Password: Steelers1

Same settings as last year so far. I'm up for suggestions.... but, I'd like to mirror the other leagues on here.

Live Draft on Saturday, September 1st @ 9:30 pm EST.

Jooser
08-05-2012, 10:53 AM
We have 5 players on board so far...

D Rock
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
We have 5 players on board so far...

We have been holding at 7 for the past week plus. The remaining 5 players from last years league have until 11:59 ET next Monday, the 13th, to sign up. Any remaining spots will be given to anyone else showing interest in playing.

Tomlinator
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I havent been on in a while, but the Hostile Squirrels would like a chance at redemption.

Last season was brutal.

D Rock
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I havent been on in a while, but the Hostile Squirrels would like a chance at redemption.

Last season was brutal.

did you get the email I sent with the info to sign up? If not, PM with the email address I can send it to.

legend of polamalu
08-06-2012, 09:45 AM
This is Smash's Steelers from last years team. I have had a hard time when this site got reformed to get back on here to post. Long story short and no administrators getting back to me I had to re register. Anywho I am back. I am interested in playing again. What site was it on again and is there any interest in setting up a league that awards a trophy. I ran a league like that on this site about 5 years ago and it paid out about $85 to the league winner with each putting in about $10.

Iron Shiek
08-06-2012, 10:46 AM
This is Smash's Steelers from last years team. I have had a hard time when this site got reformed to get back on here to post. Long story short and no administrators getting back to me I had to re register. Anywho I am back. I am interested in playing again. What site was it on again and is there any interest in setting up a league that awards a trophy. I ran a league like that on this site about 5 years ago and it paid out about $85 to the league winner with each putting in about $10.

Hey Smash! Welcome back. I remember that league...because I think I won it! It was like the only money league i think we've ever had on our boards.

I don't really have an interest in a trophy, and i'm in 3 money leagues already. Plus I can't draft live because I'll be in Jamaica, so having an autodrafted team is not ideal. But if I'm the only holdout, I'd agree to putting a $20 on it.

legend of polamalu
08-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey Smash! Welcome back. I remember that league...because I think I won it! It was like the only money league i think we've ever had on our boards.

I don't really have an interest in a trophy, and i'm in 3 money leagues already. Plus I can't draft live because I'll be in Jamaica, so having an autodrafted team is not ideal. But if I'm the only holdout, I'd agree to putting a $20 on it.

If anyone is intersted in a trophy league or a cash awarded league...post here. Iron Sheik can contest the money gets collected by me and paid by me. It comes out to 10-15 each. I will be willing to do the league if we have enough interest. If not I will take part in the other fantasy league with the forum. Thanks

D Rock
08-06-2012, 11:30 AM
If anyone is intersted in a trophy league or a cash awarded league...post here. Iron Sheik can contest the money gets collected by me and paid by me. It comes out to 10-15 each. I will be willing to do the league if we have enough interest. If not I will take part in the other fantasy league with the forum. Thanks

We can probably make our Yahoo league a money league if everyone wants to. If you'd like to sign up for that league again then PM your email address and I will get the email with registration info sent over to you.

SteelTorch
08-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Regretfully, I'll have to bow out of the league almost as soon as I got in. I've recently had a change to my schedule that's exponentially increased my workload, and will make keeping up with FF almost impossible for the next couple months. Looks like I'll have to wait another year...again. So consider this me giving up my spot. Sorry guys. :(

D Rock
08-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Regretfully, I'll have to bow out of the league almost as soon as I got in. I've recently had a change to my schedule that's exponentially increased my workload, and will make keeping up with FF almost impossible for the next couple months. Looks like I'll have to wait another year...again. So consider this me giving up my spot. Sorry guys. :(

were you in the Planet Steelers league or the Mt. Mama league?

SteelTorch
08-09-2012, 11:07 PM
were you in the Planet Steelers league or the Mt. Mama league?

Planet Steelers, I believe. I wasn't in a league last year.

D Rock
08-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Planet Steelers, I believe. I wasn't in a league last year.

You must have been in the Mt. Mama then, because the Planet Steelers league is still private sign ups for last years players right now

D Rock
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Currently we have filled 10 of last years 12 spots. KiwiSarah and eniparadoxgma have until 11:59 Monday night to register. The first to express interest in playing was pfelix73. Have you joined Jooser's Mt. Mama league already or would you like to be given a spot in my league if Kiwi and enip do not sign up?

D Rock
08-11-2012, 11:15 AM
How many are currently signed up for the Mt. Mama League?

kiwi_sarah
08-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm in, of course...I wonder if the start of fantasy season will draw the likes of Kiwi Sarah back onto the board...and that Asian fellow as well...I hope he didn't retire from the board when Hines Ward retired from the Steelers. :mad:

You rang? :D

As much as I LOVE being whipped by you boys, new motherhood has kept me firmly out of the football loop the last couple of months. I'll let someone knowledgeable take my spot so you can beat up on them.

D Rock
08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
You rang? :D

As much as I LOVE being whipped by you boys, new motherhood has kept me firmly out of the football loop the last couple of months. I'll let someone knowledgeable take my spot so you can beat up on them.

congrats on the motherhood, Kiwi!

alright pfelix, that means there is a spot open for you if you haven't already joined the Mt. Mama league. PM me with you email if you want it!

Jooser
08-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Currently 7 in the Mt. Mama League

phillyesq
08-13-2012, 12:14 PM

After a disappointing loss in the finals to Steel Lifers, the Urban Achievers are back and looking for redemption.

Shawn
08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I would like to be a part of the mt mama league.

D Rock
08-14-2012, 07:27 PM
I would like to be a part of the mt mama league.

looks like the registration info is on page 4 of this thread

ID# 329829
Password: Steelers1

Same settings as last year so far. I'm up for suggestions.... but, I'd like to mirror the other leagues on here.

Live Draft on Saturday, September 1st @ 9:30 pm EST.

you should be able to sign in to Yahoo and go to the fantasy football page and then sign up with that info, unless maybe you need Jooser to send you an invite if he made it private for last years teams

eniparadoxgma
08-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Just want to confirm that I should sign up for the Mt Mama League this year then?

D Rock
08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Just want to confirm that I should sign up for the Mt Mama League this year then?

yeah. Sorry. I already finalized the other league.

Jooser
08-15-2012, 07:29 AM
As far as I know, the Mt Mama League is open for you guys. If you have any problems, PM your emails and I'll send an invite. As of this morning, I we still have 5 slots available.

-Joos ;)

Pops8
08-15-2012, 10:16 AM
tried to join but yahoo is being a butt. Sent Jooser a PM. Hope it isn't full.

TD386Steel
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
As far as I know, the Mt Mama League is open for you guys. If you have any problems, PM your emails and I'll send an invite. As of this morning, I we still have 5 slots available. -Joos ;) All signed up looking forward to the draft!!!

SteelCrazy
08-15-2012, 10:50 PM

Can I get a spot in the league? Thanks.

P.S. I tried to PM you, but your box is full

eniparadoxgma
08-16-2012, 04:08 AM
I also tried earlier. :-\

Jooser
08-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't realize my inbox was full. I have 2 roster spots left. The league should let you join with the ID and Password I provided earlier, if you still have problems, resend me the PM (I cleared my inbox) and I'll need your email. I'll send you an invite with a link.

Steelgal
08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I played in the Mt. Mama league last year and just registered for this year. CAme in 4th place, I think. Would have done better if Adrian Peterson and Javid Best didn't get injured....

Ready to start it up again.

SteelCrazy
08-16-2012, 07:14 PM
is Mt Mama league full? Dag Jimmet, I tried to get in but Jooser wouldnt empty his inbox! Now last years 5th place finisher will be out and the league will suffer

Steelgal
08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I think there's one spot left. It wouldn't let me in with the league number/password given here. I kept getting an error message. But when I logged in the the fantasy league page, I had an invite and accepted it. That's how I got in.

SteelCrazy
08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I think there's one spot left. It wouldn't let me in with the league number/password given here. I kept getting an error message. But when I logged in the the fantasy league page, I had an invite and accepted it. That's how I got in.

Im in thanks! Had an invite too and didnt even notice. Looks like the same players as last year.

eniparadoxgma
08-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I haven't been able to get in. Let me know if you need another. I'm cool either way. Thanks.

SteelCrazy
08-18-2012, 07:30 PM
I haven't been able to get in. Let me know if you need another. I'm cool either way. Thanks.

i think the league is full, but they shortened it from 12 to 10 players. if they up it back to 12 u can get in

eniparadoxgma
08-19-2012, 10:38 AM
i think the league is full, but they shortened it from 12 to 10 players. if they up it back to 12 u can get in

Eh. I actually think I'll sit this one out unless I'm needed to make it even. I do, however, want to get back into the Pick 'ems contest. Is it around anymore or anyone know?

JAR
08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll be on vacation during the Plant Steelers draft, autodraft better do me better than last year. :)

D Rock
08-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I'll be on vacation during the Plant Steelers draft, autodraft better do me better than last year. :)

make sure you rank your players!

JAR
08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
make sure you rank your players!

Plant Steelers..stupid phone :) Going to rank this week.

D Rock
08-19-2012, 02:55 PM
If you guys have smartphones you may also be able to draft while away from home. Check for the Yahoo Fantasy Football '12 app.

D Rock
08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Eh. I actually think I'll sit this one out unless I'm needed to make it even. I do, however, want to get back into the Pick 'ems contest. Is it around anymore or anyone know?

Smash is dropping out of our league, so if you want your spot I can fill you back in to it and I may be able to get your a keeper player from your roster last year. Let me know.

eniparadoxgma
08-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Sure man. Sounds good.

D Rock
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Sure man. Sounds good.

Just PM me your email and I'll get it taken care of

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Eni can keep Mendenhall in exchange for his first round pick. ;)

eniparadoxgma
08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
:nono Yeah, I'm just going to have to go ahead and...disagree with you there.

D Rock
08-23-2012, 07:42 PM

This is the DTF roster from last season which you can pick your keeper from. Remeber that there is a 5 round value limit on player draft position compared to current Yahoo ranking.

For example: Donald brown was undrafted but is now #95 overall. That's in the 10th round, so you can have Brown in the 15th round if you want.

It looks like the only other player that would affect is Dalton, who would now be a 17th round pick.

eniparadoxgma
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Thinking about it, not sure how you want me to give you my pick.

eniparadoxgma
09-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Hey Ruthless, your inbox is full. I wanted to tell you, despite the fact that the "overnight" point fixing will probably make you win:

D Rock
09-11-2012, 07:23 AM
If I'm remembering last years finishing order correctly, the top 5 teams just all lost to the bottom 5 teams. Parody.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey Ruthless, your inbox is full. I wanted to tell you, despite the fact that the "overnight" point fixing will probably make you win:

You look safe so far, you Doodie Head. I still can't believe I sat Romo and started Rivers (I figured Dallas' OL sucks, so the Giants' DL should eat Romo alive, while the Raider DB's suck so Rivers should eat them alive...so much for logic).

As as aside...D Rock, how was Asian able to claim Ogletree in the middle of the NYG/DAL Thursday night game? Shouldn't all of those players be locked as soon as that game kicks off? All of the players (including all the Giants and Cowboys) are currently on waivers until 9-12-12. Shouldn't Ogletree be among those requiring an overnight waiver claim this week, instead of being allowed to pick him up as a free agent in the middle of his breakout game?

D Rock
09-11-2012, 04:29 PM
yeah Ruthless, that is a problem that I saw Thursday morning. One of the new things this year is that Yahoo has more options on when players go on waivers. Ours was set as Sunday-Tuesday, which is the standard for normal games. I assumed Thursday (or in the case Wednesday) night games would have their players set to waivers before hand as if they were Sunday games...I was wrong. There is a setting this year to have all players go on waivers before their respective games but in renewing last years settings it was on the Sunday-Tuesday setting.

We can change it now and give Asian the advantage, say he found the loophole, close the loophole, and move on....or we can leave it as is and have Thursday night games essentially be "waiver free". I'm kinda leaning toward "waiver free" because it seems fun and adventurous, but I am open to suggestions from the league.

Chadman
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Unbelievable... say Eli against the Bucs for Schaub against the Jags. Result, Eli passes for 3 TD's & 500+ yards, Schaub doesn't crack 200 yards or throw a TD.

Sat Dwayne Bowe because of a laclustre week 1 in place of recently acquired Greg Little. Little gets a TD & 85 yards- yay. Bowe gets 100 yards & 2 TD's. Boo.

Sat the injured Steve Smith & inserted Randy Moss. Smith plays, gets 100 yards. Moss has 1 pass thrown his way.

Aaron Hernandez would save the Kangaroos, right? Injured early. registers no points.

Dexter McCluster brought in because he had 8 catches last week. 3 points this week.

Polamalu doesn't play.

Stupid game.

eniparadoxgma
09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I will respectfully decline to comment.

P.S. The Doodie Balls Rule!!!111 :p

Chadman
09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Where the hell did you get the Doodie Balls pic from, by the way? That's one freaky pic..

D Rock
09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
after 2 weeks, it looks like Division 1 may be stacked. Making the playoffs just got a whole lot harder!

D Rock
09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I like this new "recap" thing they have too. Pretty cool stuff.

eniparadoxgma
09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Where the hell did you get the Doodie Balls pic from, by the way? That's one freaky pic..

Really not sure. Just found it on the interwebz somewhere. I'm using it to psyche out my opposition, and it seems to be working. :)

Goooooooooooooo Doodie Balls!!!1

P.S. I realize I'm just getting lucky so far as my opponents have had the lowest scores in the league, but since I typically suck pretty bad at FF I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

PPS. The Doodie Balls rule!

D Rock
09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
hellloooooooooo Andre Brown!

JAR
09-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I didn't even realize that waivers went through today...now I'm short a DB...DB better not beat me by the points of my missing DB. :)

eniparadoxgma
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Looks like you have nothing to fear, JAR, as it appears the Doodie Balls will finally be coming back to earth this week. There goes my perfect season. :cry:

Chadman
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Consider the Kangaroos as 'ready to unleash Hell'..... maybe....

0-3...how times change..

D Rock
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Consider the Kangaroos as 'ready to unleash Hell'..... maybe....

0-3...how times change..

crazy season so far in the Planet Steelers league

Iron Shiek
09-25-2012, 08:34 PM
What a game between undefeated teams, I feel robbed like the packers. I lost by less than a point to whoever the Hostile squirrels are. Stafford not finishing that game really was the decider probably. Nice game, my team seems pretty solid so I should bounce back. Anyone need a wr? I got some spares.

Chadman
09-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Need a TE? Anyone for Dennis? (Pitta, that is)

Chadman
09-25-2012, 08:56 PM
This is insane- had the most points scored against any team so far this season, and the last 2 weeks have been blown out by the biggest margins. You guys are just picking on Chadman.

Oh, but Chadman is on to you. You think you have gotten away with beating up on last years Champ- but beware the injured Kangaroo!

UNLEASING HELL!!

Chadman
10-02-2012, 01:32 AM
A win! Told you the Kangaroos were unleashing Hell!

Also would like to announce that the Kangaroos have agreed a trade deal with Steeler Fan in TO that sends Lesean McCoy & Greg Little to SFITO & sends MJD & Brandon Lloyd to the Kangaroos. Unwards & upwards!

D Rock
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Drew Brees or RGIII are available for trade. Send me your offers.

eniparadoxgma
10-29-2012, 09:31 PM
FF can make games complicated. With only two points separating myself and the Hostile Squirrels going into tonight, I have Vernon Davis and SF's defense. He has Gore and the Arizona DE Campbell. So I'm rooting for SF to pass to the TE a lot, but not run it...rooting for Arizona to not score and yp give the football away...but rooting for Arizona to keep Gore at bay.

Hey Ruthless, I never got a response from you from what I wrote about your trade offer. I'm curious as to what you thought. :)

D Rock
10-29-2012, 10:02 PM
FF can make games complicated. With only two points separating myself and the Hostile Squirrels going into tonight, I have Vernon Davis and SF's defense. He has Gore and the Arizona DE Campbell. So I'm rooting for SF to pass to the TE a lot, but not run it...rooting for Arizona to not score and yp give the football away...but rooting for Arizona to keep Gore at bay.

Hey Ruthless, I never got a response from you from what I wrote about your trade offer. I'm curious as to what you thought. :)

check your PM...you have a trade offer waiting for you.

and fantasy football makes me angry this year! I can't catch a break.

eniparadoxgma
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Responded. Ain't feeling that one either. For perspective, I don't remember ever accepting a FF trade (ever). I typically prefer to crash and burn with my own players.

D Rock
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Responded. Ain't feeling that one either. For perspective, I don't remember ever accepting a FF trade (ever). I typically prefer to crash and burn with my own players.

What is it going to take to get him? I'm swimming in 2nd tier starters...they're all yours...or anyone's...all of them...for 1 top notch guy.

eniparadoxgma
10-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Honestly I do need some RB depth but I'm not willing to part with him to get it. I might take a bag of Cheetohs for Megatron at this point though.

RuthlessBurgher
10-29-2012, 11:56 PM

Never heard anything from you in this regard...just saw that the offer disappeared, so I assumed you declined. I don't even remember what the trade offer was at this point, though. If your response was particularly snarky, though, I'd love to see it via PM. :cool:

D Rock
10-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Honestly I do need some RB depth but I'm not willing to part with him to get it. I might take a bag of Cheetohs for Megatron at this point though.

Alright I sent you another, feel free to make a counter offer if you aren't feeling it.

Chadman
10-30-2012, 08:33 PM
This season is brutal...

D Rock
11-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Interesting factoid to start your Thursdays and prepare for the new fantasy week to begin:

I have been favored in every single game this year according to the Yahoo matchup projections.

The closest anyone has been to me was Chadman, when I was projected for 118.55 and him for 116.36. He won, giving him his only win on the year.

I am now 2-6 and quite possible mathematically eliminated just over halfway into the season in a league in which 60% of teams make the playoffs.

eniparadoxgma
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Never heard anything from you in this regard...just saw that the offer disappeared, so I assumed you declined. I don't even remember what the trade offer was at this point, though. If your response was particularly snarky, though, I'd love to see it via PM. :cool:

When you respond to a trade you have an optional dialogue box you can use for comments. I wrote out my opinions concerning your trade offer when I declined it. :) I have no idea how I would find it now though.

Alright I sent you another, feel free to make a counter offer if you aren't feeling it.

Sorry, man. Couldn't do that one either.

Interesting factoid to start your Thursdays and prepare for the new fantasy week to begin:

I have been favored in every single game this year according to the Yahoo matchup projections.

The closest anyone has been to me was Chadman, when I was projected for 118.55 and him for 116.36. He won, giving him his only win on the year.

I am now 2-6 and quite possible mathematically eliminated just over halfway into the season in a league in which 60% of teams make the playoffs.

And now you are about to be destroyed by...THE (infamous) DOODIE BALLS!!!! :cool:

D Rock
11-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I've got 7 starting RBs this week. Send me your trade offers if anyone is looking for some depth guys. I will be willing to package up to 3 of them together for a top notch guy.

D Rock
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
sending Ruthless both Drew Brees and Doug Martin...clearly the best trade I've ever made...

Chadman
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Unbelievably, the Kangaroos look poised to snatch a 2nd victory for the season.... after dumping #1 QB Eli for the week.

Iron Shiek
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Ugh...what a crap performance by my squad. They were looking past chadman apparently. But if there's a shoot out mon night, Colton and graham could pull it off

Chadman
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM
31 points behind.... given the way Chadman's mob have gone- you'll get 32 points & win it in overtime.

D Rock
11-05-2012, 06:45 AM
My whole team is available for trade if I lay down nearly 138 points and lose to the one team who scores more than me....especially if that team is the Doodie Balls.

(just kidding enip)

D Rock
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Enip - let's try this one more time...I sent you another trade offer. Hopefully this is the one we finally connect on. I can't take any more rejection.

eniparadoxgma
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
My whole team is available for trade if I lay down nearly 138 points and lose to the one team who scores more than me....especially if that team is the Doodie Balls.

(just kidding enip)

bwahahahahaha. THE DOODIE BALLS RULE!!!1

I need 18.88 points to win and my only player still needing to play is Vick. Vick, as it turns out, is projected to make 18.70 points. It's a friggin barn burner, although I really doubt Vick will get anything over 12 points.

Enip - let's try this one more time...I sent you another trade offer. Hopefully this is the one we finally connect on. I can't take any more rejection.

Trade accepted! I just received a Yahoo award called "Wheeling and Dealing". I'm assuming it's an award for accepting a trade since I think this is the first one I've ever accepted. :cool:

D Rock
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yes! I have broken the Doodie Balls trade barrier! My season is saved! SAVED I TELL YOU!

eniparadoxgma
11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
hahahaha!

BTW, Vick has ten points to go for the win. :p

eniparadoxgma
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
5 points...

D Rock
11-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eniparadoxgma
11-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I knew I shouldn't have made that trade. Never again.

D Rock
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Yahoo's fantasy football pages? I can't get in through the mobile app either right now. Bad time to have technical issues!

Chadman
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah- looks like it's down.... just as I was preparing to unleash Hell & everything... typical.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I got this email from them yesterday:

Dear Yahoo! Fantasy Users,

I want to sincerely apologize to all of you about today's Yahoo! Sports Fantasy outage. As the head of Yahoo! Sports and as a Yahoo! Sports fantasy player myself, I am disappointed that we failed all of our fans today. Our first priority is having the best experience for our users, and today we fell short.

The outage started around Noon ET (awful timing we know) and while our team was on it immediately we are still working on various pieces. Our team is continuing to work on identifying and resolving the root cause. We have restored full functionality on the website, and we're working for a final fix for our mobile apps. Currently data and scores can be viewed but for now you cannot make transactions or change line-ups from the apps.

We will also use today as an opportunity to improve our set-up so that we hopefully never have an outage like this again. Our fantasy commissioners and players are our biggest priority - we pride ourselves in being able to offer our users with the best fantasy sports experience possible and we take our job to deliver that to you very seriously. Rest assured we will work hard to make sure we continue to deliver on that commitment.

Thanks for playing with us and your patience today,

Ken Fuchs
Head of Yahoo! Sports

D Rock
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
It looks like we're in for a battle tonight Ruthless

D Rock
11-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I figure Ruthless is probably at the game, so here's what he missed...

Final drive, Ryan Clark pulls it to a 125.69-123.23 game but gets injured on the play and ends my hopes of a win unless KC sends it to OT and Redman can pick up some yards. KC nails a field goal to send it to OT, but the points do not put them over the barrier to cause the Steelers D to lose points.

The Timmons INT won it for the Steelers and ended it for me, bringing the final score to 127.69-125.23

Chadman
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Hard to believe, but if anything, the Kangaroos of Khaos are getting worse as the year goes on.

Completely different draft strategy coming up next season.

Chadman
11-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Just did a bit of a re-count of the seasons scores against me... only 4 weeks this season has a team scored less that 130 points against me, and on those 4 occasions, I've won 2, lost 1 by 1 point & pooped the bed the other week.

The other 8 games I would consider almost unwinnable, even if I'd had a decent team, just because of the scores against me.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm 150 points away from my nearest rival as far as points for goes.

Meh... looks like the FO of the Kangaroos is getting a clean out & new talent scouts brought in.

D Rock
11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Just did a bit of a re-count of the seasons scores against me... only 4 weeks this season has a team scored less that 130 points against me, and on those 4 occasions, I've won 2, lost 1 by 1 point & pooped the bed the other week.

The other 8 games I would consider almost unwinnable, even if I'd had a decent team, just because of the scores against me.

Of course, it doesn't help that I'm 150 points away from my nearest rival as far as points for goes.

Meh... looks like the FO of the Kangaroos is getting a clean out & new talent scouts brought in.

I believe in you and the Kangaroos Chadman. You've got one more win in you this season!

Chadman
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I believe in you and the Kangaroos Chadman. You've got one more win in you this season!

Hahaha.... don't bet your house on it!

D Rock
11-28-2012, 06:18 PM

please?

I would be eternally thankful if you could do that for me.

D Rock
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
lead the league in scoring, go 5-8, and miss the playoffs in a 10 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs. I've been looking for answers for 10 weeks this season and just can't find any.

D Rock
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Well...the Kangaroos did their part, but the Underachievers....underachieved. With the playoffs on the line I put up my lowest score of the year and the lowest score of the week. I thought the mid-season name change may be enough to fire the guys up and get them to produce, and it started to work, but seems I peaked too early.

Congrats to our 6 playoff teams! Looks like it will be a 3rd new league champion in 3 years for the Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League.

D Rock
12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
and a special congratulations are in order for Ruthless. Third year in a row he has had the least point scored against him at the end of the season.

OVERRATED???

:p

Chadman
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
From Stellar to Cellar in 1 season!

Well done all those that made the play-offs.

There will be a Front Office shuffle at Kangaroo HC, a new coach hired & new scouts signed up. A brave new direction awaits!

eniparadoxgma
12-06-2012, 10:27 PM
This year sucked. I would like to take this opportunity to blame Ryan Mathews for sucking donkey balls. I would also like to blame myself for drafting Vick instead of a decent QB (I really thought he'd go off this year). But mainly, I would like to blame D ROCK for destroying any chances I had of making the playoffs by undermining my resolve and tricking me into that horrible trade. IT'S ALL ON YOU MAN! Next year, The Doodie Balls will have vengeance! (and you can tell just by the sound of it that that ain't pretty) :)

To the six that made the playoffs, you're stupid and I hate you.

RuthlessBurgher
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
This year sucked. I would like to take this opportunity to blame Ryan Mathews for sucking donkey balls. I would also like to blame myself for drafting Vick instead of a decent QB (I really thought he'd go off this year). But mainly, I would like to blame D ROCK for destroying any chances I had of making the playoffs by undermining my resolve and tricking me into that horrible trade. IT'S ALL ON YOU MAN! Next year, The Doodie Balls will have vengeance! (and you can tell just by the sound of it that that ain't pretty) :)

To the six that made the playoffs, you're stupid and I hate you.

Don't be so hard on ol' D Rock...he's a kind fellow...after all, he gave me Drew Brees, Doug Martin, and Brandon Pettigrew for Philip Rivers, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, and Jason Witten. :)

D Rock
12-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't be so hard on ol' D Rock...he's a kind fellow...after all, he gave me Drew Brees, Doug Martin, and Brandon Pettigrew for Philip Rivers, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, and Jason Witten. :)

That's the definition of early season panic right there. I generally consider myself a very savvy Fantasy GM, but that deal defies explanation.

Luckily I earned my street cred back with the epic Green Bay D for Denver D trade later on.

Iron Shiek
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Dang it. I hate Brady.

Iron Shiek
12-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Holy crap did I really just win by 0.04? Stat adjustments might stab me in the back...

RuthlessBurgher
12-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Closest playoff result that I can recall in all my years of fantasy. Getting a minus 3 from your defense and losing by 0.04 must hurt...at least we aren't playing for money.

D Rock
12-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Closest playoff result that I can recall in all my years of fantasy. Getting a minus 3 from your defense and losing by 0.04 must hurt...at least we aren't playing for money.

1 rushing yard, 1 receiving yard, 2 passing yards, 2 return yards, an assisted tackle.

Any of those would have covered the difference. That's crazy!

D Rock
12-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Although stat corrections have pushed it to a 0.31 margin now.

Iron Shiek
12-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Still, that is the craziest thing I've seen in my years and years of fantasy.

D Rock
12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, well, well....the bridesmaid has finally become the bride!

Third time is the charm, eh Ruthless?

Congrats on your win!

Iron Shiek
12-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Way to go Ruthless. Big timing now! Don't go Shiva-bombing all over town now though...

D Rock
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Shivakamini Somakandarkram!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqXIkK9u4Y

eniparadoxgma
12-30-2012, 01:10 PM
lmao, I finally got caught up watching "The League". Hilarious stuff.

Congratulations, Ruthless!

Although your face is stupid, you dress funny, and you smell like the Dawg Pound.

D Rock
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
The big question for next year now is...

Which of my incredible value players do I tag as my Keeper?

RGIII in, IIRC, the 14th round? (I suppose this will become 7th round due to the 5 rounds of value rule)
Julio Jones again in the 8th?
Doug Martin in the 5th? Wait...no...crap. That one still stings.

Oh wait...I know. Adrian Peterson in the 2nd. Yeah, I think I'll take that one :p

Tomlinator
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Congrats Ruthless!

Even though I lost, I'll be happy with 2nd place - it beats being dead last like I was the year before.