PDA

View Full Version : Ike bags on Sapp LOL

Crash
06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
*EDIT: Link has been removed because the owner of this particular site has stated that he does not want us linking to his site*

Here is an alternate link that contains basically the same information (BTSC does not have a problem with us, unlike the Depot):

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/6/6/3067458/pittsburgh-steelers-ike-taylor-larry-foote-nfl-network-warren-sapp-bankrupt

hawaiiansteel
06-06-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm with Ike on this one...

Warren Sapp is a fat, loud-mouthed idiot who doesn't even know how to run his own life (filing personal bankruptcy due to unpaid income taxes and child support, getting arrested for domestic battery). I'm not interested in anything he has to say, especially when it comes to criticising others and in particular my favorite team.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/octopus_theater/ONTD/0206_warren_sapp_mug.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0667/9387/sappbigmoff_crop_340x234.gif

hawaiiansteel
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Warren Sapp has a secret crush on the Steelers

by The Sports Jags
June 6, 2012

http://img1.yardbarker.com/media/f/e/fef8bd17c82e0c6ae7980ae42385a549bd43f171/related/Warren_Sapp_celebrates_11a2.jpg?stamp=1339005848

First, it was the “old, slow and over” label Warren Sapp put on the Steelers at the beginning of last year. Yea, that prediction worked out well for the fat ass NFL Network analyst. The Steelers finished last season with the No. 1 defense in the league. Thanks, Warren.

Then, he decided to try to double-or-nothing his bet by saying that there’s no way the Steelers will make the playoffs this year and that they’ll be lucky just to finish over .500 because they lost Hines Ward, James Farrior and Aaron Smith. Sooo by losing their receiver that ended the year at No. 3, their inside backer who was splitting time at the beginning of the year and their defensive end that hasn’t been healthy in four years, the Steelers have somehow become a sub-.500 team because now they’re leaderless?

Apparently, the Steelers are getting pretty sick of Warren’s oversized comments. Ike Taylor and Larry Foote had no problem giving Warren their rebuttals on Ike’s radio show on TribLIVE Radio. The Trib’s Mark Kaboly packaged it all up real nice on his blog, The Steel Mill.

Ike on Sapp’s more important issues:

“He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues. Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door. I don’t like giving anybody any props. He doesn’t deserve it.”

Foote on Sapp almost getting choke slammed after he crossed the Steelers’ stretching line back in 2002:

“He came out there hopping like a little girl and they snatched them up. If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage.”

Hopefully someone finds footage of that because we can’t find it, but we remember it – Sapp and Nate Webster, who’s doing quite well now, trying to take on Joey Porter and Jason Gildon. We’d love to see how that one would have played out if Keyshawn Johnson wouldn’t have broken it up. A fatty and a sicko against two of the biggest psychos in the NFL at the time.

It’s probably why Warren loves to hate the Steelers. That or he’s just in love with them and talks rubbish just to encite even better play from the Steel Curtain. There’s really no other explanation. Guess we’ll just have to thank him again for the extra motivation at the end of this season.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/warren_sapp_has_a_secret_crush_on_the_steelers/10953599

Oviedo
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Sapp is a moron. The fact that he gets paid for being a moron shows how much news and sports coverage has sunk.

DBR96A
06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Like I've been saying, Warren Sapp has hated the Steelers since Jerome Bettis ran his ass over in 2001 and Joey Porter kicked his ass in 2002.

grotonsteel
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Warren sapp is a wannabe thug and moron.

"warren Sapp" hopping like a little girl...:lol:

-- Larry Foote

feltdizz
06-06-2012, 06:08 PM
I loved watching Sapp run around like he was stepping on hot coals.

Flasteel
06-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Sapp was also shoved in the tunnel by Jerome Bettis after that dust-up on the field. I was there covering the game and remember a lot of bravado being tossed about by both sides. Lee Flowers called them paper champions and I guess the Bucs took exception to it.:grin:

Of course Sapp had to be the one to puff his chest out first and couldn't help but be his douchey self in the process. It fired the Steelers up so much that we took them behind the woodshed in that game. The Bucs went on to win the Super Bowl that year but they know they weren't the best team. They had to know. You don't get slapped around like that in your own back yard - both on and off the field - without feeling like a submissive pack dog.

I've never disliked a player more than Warren Sapp and I've met few human beings who I've liked less. POS!

Crash
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
The Bucs went on to win the Super Bowl that year but they know they weren't the best team. They had to know.

They won the Super Bowl. That makes them the best.

Also, one can't leave out the important fact that we beat the Bucs with Shaun freaking King behind center. The NFC's leading passer that season, Brad Johnson, didn't play that night.

Flasteel
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
They won the Super Bowl. That makes them the best.

Also, one can't leave out the important fact that we beat the Bucs with Shaun freaking King behind center. The NFC's leading passer that season, Brad Johnson, didn't play that night. [/COLOR]

Still eating the Kimchi, eh Crash?:p

Slapstick
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Wasn't that the game where the Steelers ran for 200+ yards?

Was that the game where Jerome hit Tuman for the TD?

Or am I not recalling the correct game?

Crash
06-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I think the altercation game was 2002, the Jerome game was 2001.

hawaiiansteel
06-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Sapp Says Taylor Played Worst Game In NFL History, Doesn’t Know Who Foote Is

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

On Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and linebacker Larry Foote both responded to the recent claim by NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp that the 2012 Steelers will be lucky to finish over .500 after the loss of key veterans this off-season. Taylor was quoted on his weekly show on Trib Live Radio as saying in regard to Sapp, "He has other issues. I don’t even want to talk about his other issues," referring to Sapp recently filing for bankruptcy. "Man, he is worrying about the wrong thing right now. People are coming knocking at his door."

Taylor wasn't the only one to go after Sapp, as Foote, who was a guest on the show Tuesday, shed some light on why Sapp has a long time beef with the Steelers organization as he recounted the Monday night game in 2002 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in which fellow linebackers at the time, Joey Porter and Jason Gildon, both snatched Sapp and his teammate Nate Webster by the throats after the two attempted to dance through and interrupt their stretching line. Foote said during the show, "He (Sapp) came out there hopping like a little girl." Later after telling the story, Foote added, "If he disagreed with what I said, have him call in. I am sure we have footage."

I asked Sapp for a rebuttal today on Twitter and he gave me one. His tweet read, "Ike Taylor Played the worst# game in NFL History as a DB #BiggerIssues Who's The Other Guy!? #NeedPhoto&Bio."

So Sapp clearly took a shot at Taylor and the poor game he had against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Wild Card game last season. Worst game in NFL history though? I doubt that seriously and Taylor has already admitted that he has put that game behind him now and that it was not his best. The "other guy comment" that Sapp made is clearly a shot by Sapp implied that he doesn't even know who Foote is, which you know he clearly does.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/sapp_says_taylor_played_worst_game_in_nfl_history_ doesnt_know_who_foote_is/10956416

hawaiiansteel
06-07-2012, 12:52 AM
http://sportsrantz.com/media/files/2012/04/SappBankrupt2.png

Crash
06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Yikes!

But I think my post in the Suggs thread is better! :)

flippy
06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Sapp Doesn’t Know Who Foote Is

Considering that he's now a paid analyst covering the NFL, could this be grounds for him to lose his job. Not knowing a starting LB on the #1 NFL defense last year would indicate that Sapp isn't doing his job.

RuthlessBurgher
06-07-2012, 10:31 AM
The biggest burn of that article had nothing to do with Sapp, but rather his former teammate:

Hopefully someone finds footage of that because we can’t find it, but we remember it – Sapp and Nate Webster, who’s doing quite well now, trying to take on Joey Porter and Jason Gildon.

Nate Webster, who’s doing quite well now, was sentenced to 12 years in prison this week for having sex with one of his coach's underaged daughters.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-07-2012, 12:33 PM
The biggest burn of that article had nothing to do with Sapp, but rather his former teammate:

Nate Webster, who’s doing quite well now, was sentenced to 12 years in prison this week for having sex with one of his coach's underaged daughters.

Maybe by "doing quite well now" it means that he has since found a prison playmate who is not underaged.

Crash
06-07-2012, 12:38 PM
And yet somehow was never suspended by Roger Goodell.

RuthlessBurgher
06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
And yet somehow was never suspended by Roger Goodell.

He was indicted a year ago and was just sentenced this week...but hasn't played in the NFL since 2008.

Slapstick
06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Larry Foote has twice as many SB rings as Warren Sapp...

Sapp can say what he wants to...it isn't like he can afford to put a bounty on Foote right now...

Crash
06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
He was indicted a year ago and was just sentenced this week...but hasn't played in the NFL since 2008.

And? Suspend him.

That is, if Goodell REALLY cares about the "integrity" of his league.

Still waiting for Perrish Cox's suspension also.

RuthlessBurgher
06-08-2012, 10:26 PM
And? Suspend him.

HE HASN'T PLAYED IN FOUR YEARS...how exactly do you suspend a guy who doesn't work for you?

Crash
06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
HE HASN'T PLAYED IN FOUR YEARS...how exactly do you suspend a guy who doesn't work for you?

Mike Vick was released by Atlanta. Goodell suspended him before he went to prison.

Same thing.