PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Woodley Named NFLís 63rd Best Player

hawaiiansteel
05-18-2012, 06:40 PM
LaMarr Woodley Named NFLís 63rd Best Player :tt2
May 17th, 2012

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2009/01/lamarr-woodley_upiphotos908605-nfl-afc-championshi.jpg

The NFL Top 100 countdown was down to the top 61-70 this week. There had been no Steelers on the list up until this point. The first Steeler showed up at number 63. Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley was selected to be on the list. He is more than deserving.

Woodley came in at number 82 last season. I thought there would be a chance Woodley would be snubbed from this list. He missed 6 games due to injury and only played in parts of 3 other games. I thought that might push him off the list. It is nice to see that I was wrong. The fact that Woodley moved up 19 spots shows how much other players respect his game. Woodley was on his way to a possible defensive player of the year before the injury. Woodley had compiled 9 sacks in his first 8 games. He was in the middle of a 4 game multi sack streak.

Woodley was asked to do more while James Harrison was out four games with injury. He did just that and more. While Harrison was out Woodley compiled 7.5 sacks. The team was excited to get Harrison and Woodley back together. Woodley went down with injury the game before Harrison returned.

The two never really got to play together the rest of the season. One or the other was out in every game after that. Even when Woodley was in he was not 100%. Woodley did not record a sack the rest of the season. He was missing some strength and some burst with the hamstring injury.

Woodley deserved to be on this list. I am glad he made it. If he would have had a whole season without injury he probably would have been a whole lot higher.

http://bleedblackandgold.com/blog/

Flasteel
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I can't wait to get those guys back on the field together.

I heard Ben was something like 41st on this list.I would have thought that he had more respect from the players than that.