PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger is officially a college graduate

RuthlessBurgher
05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger graduates
Associated Press
Published: May 6, 2012 at 02:02 p.m.
Updated: May 6, 2012 at 02:31 p.m.

OXFORD, Ohio -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger graduated Sunday from Miami University in southwest Ohio, about nine years after leaving school for the NFL.

The university says he received his bachelor's degree in education and joined nearly 600 students during a commencement ceremony on campus. His wife, parents and grandmother attended.

The 30-year-old quarterback who's led the Steelers to two Super Bowl titles played football for the university from 2001 to 2003, setting several school passing records.

An associate dean says Roethlisberger was four courses short of graduation when he jumped to the NFL. He completed those courses over several years and finished this spring.

Roethlisberger says he felt it was important to finish his classes to illustrate the value of getting an education.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828e7df3/article/pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-graduates

Flasteel
05-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Que the better access to college girl jokes

...and with his education degree, future access to high schoolers.:shock:

All kidding aside...this says alot about the guy in my opinion. I'm not sure how many credits shy of his degree he was, but regardless, he placed a value on his education that should serve as an example. Whether he did it as a promise to his parents, to complete something he started, or because he wanted to better himself intellictually (which some would agrue, is quite the easy task), it speaks highly of his character.

Good job Ben...now get to work on the new playbook you just got.

Oviedo
05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Isn't his wife a PA or Nurse Practitioner? Ben was probably tired not understanding all the big words she used. :grin:

Seriously, good on him. He has so much money he never needed this but if he really was sending a message good on him.

kindlecatsb'ng
05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/595874/thumbs/s-BEN-ROETHLISBERGER-COLLEGE-large.jpg