PDA

View Full Version : Daron Thomas Oregon QB

steelerkeylargo
04-30-2012, 04:45 PM
has been invited to mini camp.

hawaiiansteel
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Darron Thomas should have never foregone his senior season at Oregon to enter the NFL Draft.

having said that, I hope he turns out to be better than Dennis Dixon.

phillyesq
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
He was invited to camp with Pittsburgh West as well. Both invites were on a tryout basis.

Steel Life
04-30-2012, 10:37 PM
So instead of keeping Dixon, they invite a kid just like but even more raw than Dixon? :confused:

ikestops85
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
So instead of keeping Dixon, they invite a kid just like but even more raw than Dixon? :confused:

You are so right. I'll never know why they didn't try and develop Dixon. I know Steeler Nation is spoiled because of how Ben started out but that doesn't happen for most QBs. Check out how Elway, Favre, Brees, Bradshaw, Aikman, Earl Morral, etc. started out. Now I'm not saying Dixon could be as good as those guys but I do think we gave up on him way too early. He's athletic, quick and had a decent arm. He just needed to work on decision making like most QBS who enter the NFL. Arians should have gotten him in for some plays that takes advantage of his abilities.

I'd really like the Steelers to resign him and see what our new OC can do with him.

steelblood
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
You are so right. I'll never know why they didn't try and develop Dixon. I know Steeler Nation is spoiled because of how Ben started out but that doesn't happen for most QBs. Check out how Elway, Favre, Brees, Bradshaw, Aikman, Earl Morral, etc. started out. Now I'm not saying Dixon could be as good as those guys but I do think we gave up on him way too early. He's athletic, quick and had a decent arm. He just needed to work on decision making like most QBS who enter the NFL. Arians should have gotten him in for some plays that takes advantage of his abilities.

I'd really like the Steelers to resign him and see what our new OC can do with him.

This franchise does so many things well. However, developing project QBs has never been one of them.