PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Steelers could have had McNutt

SteelAbility
04-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I was really high on McNutt. Big guy, looks great in space. I think we got that small scatback from FL instead. Oh well. Anyone else hoping for McNutt?

Shawn
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Mcnutt is the better WR hands down. But Rainey can be a game changer.

Dee Dub
04-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Mcnutt is the better WR hands down. But Rainey can be a game changer.

And he is going to change the way defenses have to play the Steelers now. Him in the slot is going to help Mike Wallace and the rest of the receivers.

Slapstick
04-28-2012, 11:27 PM
McNutt is definitely a chain mover...but Rainey might be a game changer...

With experience at WR, RB and PR/KR, he could potentially perform well in several different roles...

Shoe
04-29-2012, 01:08 AM
No problem taking Rainey over McNutt. I really do like guys like McNutt (character, solid guys), but in this case, I think we needed the injection of speed over solid chain mover.

focosteeler
04-29-2012, 01:25 AM
No problem taking Rainey over McNutt. I really do like guys like McNutt (character, solid guys), but in this case, I think we needed the injection of speed over solid chain mover.

:Agree A. Brown did a pretty good job of moving the chains last year. With Rainey in the mix and another reciever (whoever replaces hines) I think our Offense could see its best year ever. Especially with the O-line upgrade

SteelAbility
04-29-2012, 04:13 AM
It's a tough call. I'm not unhappy with Rainey. It just that McNutt had some serious potential to erase the pain of Limas Sweed. :p

steelblood
04-29-2012, 09:26 AM
I believe McNutt had #2 starter potential. In the least, he would have upgraded our red zone %. I would have taken him.

Rainey is a special talent though. If they use him well, it could turn out to be a better decision.

phillyesq
04-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I like Rainey over McNutt. I thought that a speed back would be a great asset for the Steelers. Rainey has the potential to add a new dimension to the offense. And when you factor in Rainey + Clemons, I absolutely prefer that to McNutt + whoever.