PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want Rounds 4, 5, 6, and 7?

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Who do you want tomorrow?

Who do you think the Steelers want?

Here's who I'd look at:

Round 4
Chapman
Ta'Amu
Winn
Dennard
Lamar Miller

Round 5
Nick Toon
Josh Norman
Streeter
McNutt

Round 6
Chris Rainey
Cyrus Gray
Ladarius Green

Round 7
Marcus Forston
Patrick Witt
Jack Crawford
JR Sweezy
Christo Bilukidi

Mister Pittsburgh
04-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State
James-Michael Johnson ILB Nevada
Adrian Hamilton OLB Prairie View
Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
George Bryan TE NC State
Eric Page WR Toledo
Robert Turbin RB Utah State
Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

NottinghamForest_UK
04-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Bobbie Massie
Alameda Ta'amu
Lamar Miller
Zebrie Sanders
James-Michael Johnson
Orson Charles
Alfonzo Dennard

Slapstick
04-28-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't know about particular players, but:

Rounds 4-6

NT
DB
WR

Round 7

FB
K
P
Maybe LS who plays another position

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Who do you want tomorrow?

Who do you think the Steelers want?

Here's who I'd look at:

Round 4
Chapman
Ta'Amu
Winn
Dennard
Lamar Miller

Round 5
Nick Toon
Josh Norman
Streeter
McNutt

Round 6
Chris Rainey
Cyrus Gray
Ladarius Green

Round 7
Marcus Forston
Patrick Witt
Jack Crawford
JR Sweezy
Christo Bilukidi

yes

all of them

Flasteel
04-28-2012, 09:17 AM
I hope we target:
NT
K
FB

calmkiller
04-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU
Keith Tandy, CB, WVU
Robert Turbin, RB Utah State
Lucas Nix, OG, Pitt
Chase Ford, TE, Miami
Julian Miller, DE, WVU
Phillip Thomas, FS, Syracuse

ramblinjim
04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
if one of the NT's are still there in round 4, I'd like to take a stab at one of them. if that FS prospect from McNeese State is still there in the 5th, he could be worth a pick.

steelz09
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I would like the steelers to get chapman, fs/cb, and kellen moore from boise. Moore would b a legit backup to groom.

aggiebones
04-28-2012, 10:31 AM
We need a DT in the worst way.
More than a T in my opinion.
Not sure if they just rate poorly for the Steelers or not.
Seems we left a few on the board.
Hopefully we grab one now.

grotonsteel
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
WR : Greg Childs or McNutt
RB - Robert Turin
NT - Chapman
TE, DE and FS

grotonsteel
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
We need a DT in the worst way.

I think Steelers might move Ziggy Hood inside.

Steelers seem comfortable with McClendon as a starter. Casey and Steve might get the job done this season.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Josh Chapman is the name that really sticks out, but Alemeda becomes pretty good value at the end of the 4th, and sneaky pick- Marcus Forston could be a steal.

Greg Childs could be one of the best WR's in this class- getting him would be great.

Robert Turbin or Lamar Miller are the best RB's available. If the Steelers miss both- don't even draft a RB, extend Mendy as he'll be better value going forward than the scrubs after these 2.

OL overkill- Massie, Zebrie Sanders or Lucas Nix all look good.

Jared Crick if Ziggy moves inside (unlikely)

Nigel Bradham is still there...sure he could fit somewhere & do something if drafted..

Safety value starts to kick in about now- Keith Tandy could be the best CB to FS option in the draft.

grotonsteel
04-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Robert Turbin or Lamar Miller are the best RB's available. If the Steelers miss both- don't even draft a RB, extend Mendy as he'll be better value going forward than the scrubs after these 2.

Word out there is Lamar Miler has back-issues.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Who's Mendy's agent? Give him a call & start negotiations....also ask Tim Hightower in for a chat...1 year deal to cover Mendy's injury..

Shoe
04-28-2012, 11:49 AM
I read that Alameda Ta'amu got his ass handed to him by DeCastro. Would make for interesting practice battles.

One name is Taylor Thompson, DL from SMU. I think it was Dilfer or Jaws or someone who was raving about him as the next Gronkowski. If he is a position switch/projection, it'd make sense for us. Let him sit behind Heath for a season or two, and if he is anywhere near that (Gronk) he might have something. His write up is intriguing. As either TE or DE.

focosteeler
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I think you go BPA out of CB, NT,OLB, WR, DE.....guys that fit our system

Keith Tandy, Miles Burris, Kheeston Randall, Toney Clemons, Chapman/Fangupo

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Who's Mendy's agent? Give him a call & start negotiations....also ask Tim Hightower in for a chat...1 year deal to cover Mendy's injury..

with san fran picking up james and brandon jacobs (with gore and hunter already there)

i'd ask them about anthony dixon. big powerful back

Steel Life
04-28-2012, 12:00 PM
RB - L. Miller, Mia (Fallbacks - C. Polk, Wash; M. Smith, Utah)
FB - B. Ewing, Wisc.
WR - G. Childs, Ark (Fallback - Junior Hemingway, Mich)
NT - Josh Chapman, Ala (Fallback - A. Ta'Amu, Wash)
DE - K. Randall, Texas (Fallback - T.Guyton, Cal; R. Van Bergen, Mich.)
LB - M. Burris, San Diego St. (Fallback - Keenan Robinson, Texas)
DB - A. Dennard, Neb (Fallback - Ron Brooks, LSU)

Steel Life
04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
I think it's shoulder, he had surgery recently...

DukieBoy
04-28-2012, 12:06 PM

Are those issues physical or temporal ??? More seriously, a RB with back issues is a real bad thing. I'd sure hope we pass on that and get our LOS in order.

ramblinjim
04-28-2012, 12:08 PM
if that guard from Miami falls to us, do you take him and be done with the O-line for a decade? I can't imagine he wouldn't be the second best guard on our team after say 8 games. It's overkill, sure but following the "take what comes to you" method of the draft.........

ramblinjim
04-28-2012, 12:09 PM
that being said I still like Chapman or Ta'amu (sp?) seems like one of those two guys fall to us in the 4th it would be a no-brainer.

focosteeler
04-28-2012, 12:16 PM
if that guard from Miami falls to us, do you take him and be done with the O-line for a decade? I can't imagine he wouldn't be the second best guard on our team after say 8 games. It's overkill, sure but following the "take what comes to you" method of the draft.........

I have been thinking about this, I really like Lucas Nix out of Pitt....if he is there for our pick in the 5th do you take him? He needs work on his technique, but physically I think he has what it takes to do well. He also played Tackle in college so he has that position flexibility. He and Adams can sit back and learn/get stronger this year and then we are set at every OL poistion for years. I just dont know if we would do it this year

ramblinjim
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
So much for my OG from Miami idea. I think he just went to Houston. Certainly not opposed to Nix in the 5th or 6th either.

Dee Dub
04-28-2012, 12:34 PM
All I know is that whoever gets NT Brandon Thompson is getting a steal. I had a first round grade on him. A non-stop motor and a very disruptive force inside.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-28-2012, 12:36 PM
All I know is that whoever gets NT Brandon Thompson is getting a steal. I had a first round grade on him. A non-stop motor and a very disruptive force inside.

he went to cincy.

focosteeler
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
well there it is....we got Ta'amu

Vindrow
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Yes. Alameda Ta'amu is ours.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-28-2012, 12:43 PM
love the pick.

focosteeler
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
our average weight of draft picks so far is around 300lbs :shock: BIIIIIIG UGLIES

Vindrow
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
And we only gave up a 6th rounder to move up to get him.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 01:11 PM
our average weight of draft picks so far is around 300lbs :shock: BIIIIIIG UGLIES

Just need to look at the direction or biggest competition is going- The Ravens- they've gotten bigger & bigger for the last few years. Now the Steelers are set to combat that.

Keyplay1
04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
And we only gave up a 6th rounder to move up to get him.

Wow! I thought focosteeler was kidding. This draft is going really fast. My reply to this thread is totally obsolete already. But nonetheless here it is.

I was hoping for Nigel Bradham as I had posted in another thread. But he was gone at 10 to Buffalo. Oh well, all is not lost. At least he will give Tom Brady fits.

But then I was going to say that there was a perfect example of something being discussed in another thread. Too many players in the boards mocks are getting picked off real fast. I was going to say that if at least a half dozen board posters were pulling the war room trigger they would have very likely moved up to get Robert Turbin somehow, since he was in many many mocks. And since the Steelers missed Pead at #50 and did not take LaMichael James at 56 then it would figure to go and get Turbin because now they are running out of draftable players.

Before I could even get it started the Steelers made a move. Seems like a good one. And also a player frequently mentioned in the boards mocks. Keep it rolling!

NorCal-Steeler
04-28-2012, 02:32 PM
i want a saftey, Troy is hurt alot and Clark cant play in denver.

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Anyone for Alfonzo Dennard? I'm not big on him, but he's got one of the best grades of the players remaining.

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Chris Polk or Billy Winn also have some good grades and are still available.

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Could we take another G in James Brown?

Steel Life
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Anyone for Alfonzo Dennard? I'm not big on him, but he's got one of the best grades of the players remaining.
Absolutely! Dennard would be great in LeBeau's defense - strong at the POA, a strong tackler, will be great slot cover.

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Juron Criner could be a project to help in the Red Zone.

flippy
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Anyone like Nix from Pitt?

Steel Life
04-28-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping for either WR G. Childs or DB A. Dennard in the 5th - in that order. Childs is the taller WR we need & he blocks, Dennard is a tough as nails CB...both would be a great pick-up.