04-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Adams

Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams

Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert

Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

Anyway you cut it. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

phillyesq
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I bet that Adams at least starts the year as the backup swing tackle.

Shoe
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Adams ain't starting. They aren't trotting out two rookies on the line...

focosteeler
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
at the end of the year i think its Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

steelz09
04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Adams ain't starting. They aren't trotting out two rookies on the line...

I disagree with the fact that 2 rookie o-line can't start. So you would rather start the year with an inferior player rather than starting the best player?

What if Adams started at guard to start the year? Tomlin said the 5 best will start. You don't think Adams is top 5?

Decleater
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Adams ain't starting. They aren't trotting out two rookies on the line... That will be decided in TC. You're likely right though, Shoe.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Adams-Gilbert-Pouncey-DeCastro-Colon

Oviedo
04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Foster and Legursky to back ups on the bench. That makes this a successful draft after just two rounds.

Dee Dub
04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

Adams needs get stronger. The NFL is not college. He has a ton of potential but as we see by his combine bench press it is going to take him a while to get up to NFL strength.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
ramon foster. the man steeler fans love to hate.

i bet he shows up at camp ready to compete, again.

SS Laser
04-27-2012, 11:37 PM
At first I thought this was a good info. Then I seen who wrote it.:lol:
Steelers | Ramon Foster moving to left side (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/gnews.php?id=783529-steelers---ramon-foster-moving-to-left-side)
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:49:20 -0700
The Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.planetsteelers.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers) will be moving OG Ramon Foster (http://www.planetsteelers.com/player/20995/nfl/ramon-foster) from right guard to left guard this season.
Comment (0) (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/gnews.php?id=783529-steelers---ramon-foster-moving-to-left-side) | Share: http://www.planetsteelers.com/images/icons/twitter.jpg (http://twitter.com/?status=Per KFFL.com: Steelers | Ramon Foster moving to left side - http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=783529) http://www.planetsteelers.com/images/icons/facebook.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=783529) | Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review - Mark Kaboly (http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/04/27/decastro-will-be-rg-foster-moving-to-lg/#.T5rmfxTFNuY.twitter)

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers#ixzz1tIpTtvuW

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2012, 11:40 PM
foster>legursky.

not even close.

Chadman
04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Gotta wonder if Adams is going to have his ass ridden by Tomlin, Colbert & Kugler early & often- Chadman is betting he will. If that is the case- you watch him develop quickly (so long as his head is on right). Gilbert is unproven at LT, and Jon Scott is Option 2, so the thought of Adams starting is not without merit.

DeCastro is almost a walk-up certainty to start though.

Adams, DeCastro, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert...from weakness to strength in 3 years- go figure.

squidkid
04-28-2012, 12:20 AM
adams wont be starting at least until his first drug suspension is over

focosteeler
04-28-2012, 12:39 AM
adams wont be starting at least until his first drug suspension is over

He comes into the NFL suspended already??

Flasteel
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Adams

Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams

Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert

Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

Anyway you cut it. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

I absolutely agree. The more I've looked into Adams, the more pleased I've become. If Kugs is the coach we all think he is, then we should get everything Adams has to offer. But a rookie LT just sounds real scary to me. I'm going to go with:
Gilbert<>DeCastro<>Pouncey<>Colon<>Adams

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 08:47 AM

no, but he does have 1 strike vs. him with the failed test at the combine

jj28west
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Any body have the heights and weights of the line. We now at least have one of the bigger lines. Athletisism is not too shabby either. Some weightroom and endurance training and we may be able to impose our will in the 4th quarter when we would obviously show run and still move the pile.

Crash
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm changing my original OL to this:

Smith, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert

Leave Smith at LT, where he played last season at OSU. Yeah he's never played LT in the NFL, but neither has Gilbert, and they were going to move him there.

Leave Gilbert at RT, where he played last season for us.

Leave DeCastro at RG, where he played last season for Stanford.

No moving around, no learning new sides or positions. Leave them where they were last season, wherever they played, and just get to work.

Use Colon as the swing-man for both OT positions, or I could see Starks coming back also.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm changing my original OL to this:

Smith, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert

Leave Smith at LT, where he played last season at OSU. Yeah he's never played LT in the NFL, but neither has Gilbert, and they were going to move him there.

Leave Gilbert at RT, where he played last season for us.

Leave DeCastro at RG, where he played last season for Stanford.

No moving around, no learning new sides or positions. Leave them where they were last season, wherever they played, and just get to work.

Use Colon as the swing-man for both OT positions, or I could see Starks coming back also.

I like your general idea, but who the heck is Smith?

Eddie Spaghetti
04-28-2012, 10:23 AM
its adams, not smith

Chadman
04-28-2012, 10:32 AM
:D

It's Mike Smith-Adams.....maybe..

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Any body have the heights and weights of the line. We now at least have one of the bigger lines. Athletisism is not too shabby either. Some weightroom and endurance training and we may be able to impose our will in the 4th quarter when we would obviously show run and still move the pile.

size/bulk is over rated. as long as they are not considered undersized, i'll take strength, smarts and athleticism over them any day

grotonsteel
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM

Nope. Its first strike.

Second strike and he gets 4 games. 3rd strike and gets a season.

Mike Admas should be available to play from Day-1.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 11:01 AM
It's now Mike Admas-Smith-Adams.... :D

For such a simple name- Mike Adams, so many ways of spelling it...and yet we can recite Polamalu backwards..

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I'd imagine that they'll try to work out each of the top 7 OL that we expect to be active on gamedays at multiple positions in camp (except for Pouncey). I could see DeCastro getting time at both RG and LG in Latrobe, Adams getting time at LT and RT, Legursky at LG and C, Colon at RT and RG, Gilbert at LT and LG, and Foster at RG and RT (or something like that).

Early on in camp, I'd imagine that they'd start out with the presumed pre-draft starting OL (so it doesn't appear that they are handing any of the rookies anything, even though we all know DeCastro will be a starter from day one):

1st team OL at camp: Gilbert-Legursky-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

Then we could insert the rooks at their regular college positions, while shuffling the other pieces around them:

2nd team OL at camp: Adams-Gilbert-Legursky-DeCastro-Foster

For the 3rd team OL in camp, move the rooks to new positions, try Colon at guard finally, and add in a couple of back-up types:

3rd team OL at camp: J. Scott-DeCastro-Malecki-Colon-Adams

Then they can start giving the others like Chris Scott, Trai Essex, Trevis Turner, Kelvin Beachum, etc, some playing time as well in the 4th and 5th team OL in practices.

I think they team will ultimately want to be able to field a starting lineup that has both rookies in their usual spots, and knowing what I know of our coaching staff, I think they still prefer Colon at RT if healthy. I'd guess they'll hope for this:

Adams-Gilbert-Pouncey-DeCastro-Colon (Legursky and Foster as gameday backups; if something happens to either tackle, then move Gilbert to tackle)

But they might be worried about starting two rookies on the OL at once, or possibly about giving Adams a sense of entitlement by starting him from day one, so they may start out the season in this formation instead:

Gilbert-Foster-Pouncey-DeCastro-Colon (Legursky and Adams as game-day backups).

Usually, you would like the strength of your OL to be protecting your QB's blind side, which is not happening here, but you can't have everything. If Gilbert struggles with Elvis Dumervil, Quinton Coples, and LaMarr Houston in the first 3 weeks, perhaps they would make the move to Adams during our week 4 bye).

Discipline of Steel
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Since Colon has been cleared to play, i think the team will open with the following starters at OL

Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Colon

hawaiiansteel
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I like your general idea, but who the heck is Smith?

I think Crash is most likely referring to Marvel Smith's younger pot-smoking twin brother Mike Adams...:D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Since Colon has been cleared to play, i think the team will open with the following starters at OL

Gilbert - Foster - Pouncey - DeCastro - Colon

Agreed......to start the season anyways.

By the end of the season put Smith-Adams at RT and Colon on IR.:)

aggiebones
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Confused talent can look alot worse than inferior talent. I also think Adams learns a bit from the bench and spot duty. Maybe he takes over later in the year.

Discipline of Steel
05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Agreed......to start the season anyways.

By the end of the season put Smith-Adams at RT and Colon on IR.:)

Funny but im not so sure. From what ive read, Colon suffered freakish injuries two years in a row and was a model of health before that. If he can survive the season, i think the team might try to move to the following by the end of this or beginning of next year

Adams - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon - Gilbert

Now that is an NFL OL!

Lebsteel
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

Adams needs get stronger. The NFL is not college. He has a ton of potential but as we see by his combine bench press it is going to take him a while to get up to NFL strength.

Yes, I agree with this O-line. I'd like to see Adams in place of Colon and that may happen midway thru the year.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Hard to believe that Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Colon, and Adams wouldn't be the best five coming out of camp. Foster would be the top backup.

Best line-up to keep continuity to minimize utilization of 1 rookie would be: (Coaches choice IMO)
LT-Gilbert
LG-Foster
C-Pouncey
RG-DeCastro
RT-Colon

Gilbert very familiar & comfortable with left side of OL. Foster has played there many times for Kemo. Colon's home is RT and although everyone wants to put him at G...I just don't know if he has the feet to play there. Might just be less than Foster pulling and trapping. DeCastro will not waste anytime claiming his spot for the next 10+ years. Pouncey...Nothing needs to be said.

Best 5 at Best possible positions:
LT-Adams
LG-Gilbert
C-Pouncey
RG-DeCastro
RT-Colon

Colon, DeCastro, & Pouncey...same as above. Gilbert played some G in Florida and was going to battle at G before Colon's injury. Like I said above, Gilbert very comfortable on left side of OL. Gilbert has mobility and showed good skill on the move and on the 2nd level at Florida. May be the best pulling and trapping G behind DeCastro & Legursky. Gilbert's pass pro gives him the nod over Legursky & Foster. Adams best spot IMO early would be LT. There he could use his skills against the smaller quicker defenders. Adams at RT would be a mistake early in his career. He needs to get stronger in the upper body to hold his own on every play strong side in the run game. The problem with this line-up is this has to be put on the field eary to develop chemistry. Three new position starters with 2 rookies will take alot of time to develop. This may be something we don't see early but it wouldn't surprise me to see it at some point in the season if Adams develops and picks up his reads. Hopefully we don't see it because of injury or performance. It is always better to start a guy because he pushed his way up the depth chart..Not because he was pushed into the line-up. If the OL stays healthy...I believe this will be the case for Adams at some point in the season. He will push his way into the Top 5. We will see early if this is the Steelers thoughts. If Gilbert runs 1st team LT with Foster at 1st team LG....We should see Gilbert slide inside to LG 2nd team with Adams working 2nd team LT next to him. If Pouncey stays on the field, for some reps...That will be the sign that the line-up above is the goal.

Oviedo
05-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I think the best five are: Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams. Not sure they start two rookies and I have very little faith in Colon's ability to stay healthy. He seems to have the bug that hit Aaron Smith but years earlier.

I really think that Beachum may be the surprise of this rookie class, especially if he can save a gameday slot by being able to longsnap.

The important thing is that we seem to have the makings of a very good OL going forward.

Djfan
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
:D

It's Mike Smith-Adams.....maybe..

Adam Smith wrote the book "Wealth Of The Nations." Very influencial book for our founding fathers. Gives feet to free-market capitalsim.

phillyesq
05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I think the best five are: Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams. Not sure they start two rookies and I have very little faith in Colon's ability to stay healthy. He seems to have the bug that hit Aaron Smith but years earlier.

I really think that Beachum may be the surprise of this rookie class, especially if he can save a gameday slot by being able to longsnap.

The important thing is that we seem to have the makings of a very good OL going forward.

In some combination, those five will likely be the best from a talent perspective. However, given that Adams still needs to improve his technique, I'll be shocked if he starts this season.

BradshawsHairdresser
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
In some combination, those five will likely be the best from a talent perspective. However, given that Adams still needs to improve his technique, I'll be shocked if he starts this season.
$$$
If he can stay off the weed, and work hard to improve, this season will be a success for him, even if he doesn't start.