PDA

View Full Version : Willie Colon

toddjammin
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
What happens to him now with the drafting of OT Mike Adams?

Crash
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
He'll be the starter at camp, and if he's beaten out he'll be the swing man.

No way they cut him after he agreed to re-work, not their style.

birtikidis
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
He has a year. But he's on a timer. Why is it the espn isn't showing highlights?

NJ-STEELER
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
another season ending injury before the season starts

Oviedo
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
He will play somewhere especially before Legursky and Foster if he is beaten out by Adams

toddjammin
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Do you think in the long run Adams will play LT and Gilbert will stay at RT?

Shawn
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Gilbert Decastro Pouncey Colon Adams

pittpete
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Gilbert Decastro Pouncey Colon Adams
How do you put a guy who is projected to be a natural LT at RT,switch a 1st year player who held his own at RT to LT and a veteran RT who never played G in the NFL at G before the season even starts?:lol:

Shawn
04-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Gilbert is starting the year at LT, this is not a guess. We have been told this. Adams struggles with speed rushers. How do I know? Because I actually watched him play. He will need at least a season to adjust before he protects Bens blindside. He can play RT and may even be more than serviceable there. Colon has been talked about at guard for years, and when Colbert was questioned about it, he left that option open.

pittpete
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
We have been told this.
I know, Ive read this also & Im not looking to argue with you
This was obviously told to us before we drafted a LT.
Hey anything can happen before the season but if works hard like he told Colbert he would, I have faith.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Gilbert is starting the year at LT, this is not a guess. We have been told this. .

i believe the quote was. " right now, he's our starting LT"

what happens if he cant handle it. he's only played a handful of games at LT, even in college

AkronSteel
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
The season may start like this:

LT: Gilbert
LG: Foster
C: Pouncey
RG: DeCastro
RT: Colon

I think it ends like this:

LT: Adams
LG: Foster
C: Pouncey
RG: DeCastro
RT: Gilbert

We have finally given #7 some protection!!! Thank goodness, the last five years have been hell watching him run for his life just about every time he dropped back to pass!!!

aggiebones
04-28-2012, 10:36 AM
This is the future:

Adams - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon - Gilbert

How quickly we get there remains to be seen.

I imagine preseason will force Adams to play ALOT. He'll be on the field til the end of every preseason game at LT. He may not start the games at LT, but he will finish them all there.

Then we'll see.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 11:04 AM
i believe the quote was. " right now, he's our starting LT"

what happens if he cant handle it. he's only played a handful of games at LT, even in college

That was EXACTLY the quote- and it's correct- at the time LT was either Gilbert or Jon Scott- take your pick.

For the 'future OL' predictions- as much as you don't like him, there is NO WAY Colon doesn't get on the field. Swing OT? Rubbish. They didn't pay him well to watch. If he's not one of the starting OT's, he's a starting OG.

NJ-STEELER
04-28-2012, 11:08 AM
true

but they paid him before his recent season ending injury

1st one, bad luck

2nd in a row...maybe a trend

im sure there an injury settle clause or something like that. he gets banged up again...he's gone IMO

birtikidis
04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm trying to find an actual quote from a coach that says anything about colon actually moving to guard. I can find a lot on here by members and I vagually recall Colbert maybe saying that he could but after that I'm drawing a blank

Chadman
04-28-2012, 11:16 AM
true

but they paid him before his recent season ending injury

1st one, bad luck

2nd in a row...maybe a trend

im sure there an injury settle clause or something like that. he gets banged up again...he's gone IMO

Well, with the injury theory inserted, we should draft another Center because Pouncey is always getting hurt every year & we should probably think about releasing him after his next one..... :D

Colon isn't injury prone. Injury prone is getting the same injury, over & over- degenerative knee injuries, torn hamstrings.

Colon is unlucky- 2 freakish, seperate injuries.

Chadman
04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm trying to find an actual quote from a coach that says anything about colon actually moving to guard. I can find a lot on here by members and I vagually recall Colbert maybe saying that he could but after that I'm drawing a blank

Maybe Gilbert will move to OG instead?

Regardless of who plays OT or OG, it won't be Willie Colon losing his starting position.

Sugar
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
We have finally given #7 some protection!!! Thank goodness, the last five years have been hell watching him run for his life just about every time he dropped back to pass!!!

Yeah, it's been hell going to Super Bowls. ;)

fordfixer
04-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Well, with the injury theory inserted, we should draft another Center because Pouncey is always getting hurt every year & we should probably think about releasing him after his next one..... :D

Colon isn't injury prone. Injury prone is getting the same injury, over & over- degenerative knee injuries, torn hamstrings.

Colon is unlucky- 2 freakish, seperate injuries.
Don't forget the whole tummy ache thing
:p

ramblinjim
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm guessing that our favorite whipping boy Jonathan Scott will not make it through training camp this year.