PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting Back on 2011

flippy
04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
When I think back to the most embarrassing games in 2011, we got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Baltimore and Houston are the 2 premiere teams in the AFC. And if we want to matchup against teams like that, we need to improve up front on both sides of the ball.

I think I'd be ok coming away with another OLineman and DLineman tonight.

If someone too good to pass up falls into our laps, let's grab em of course. But we've gotta get more physical up front. We need to own the LOS. That's football. And we haven't owned the LOS in a while. It's time to get back to where we belong.

The only potential issue I see is there could be a run on lineman starting in the 2nd round. And I don't want to reach. KC's got a tough job. One side of his brain thinking about need. The other side thinking about putting together the best team for the long haul.

I'm glad we're not in his shoes. We'd have traded our whole draft by now for Decastro and to move up in the 2nd round.

I think there's a lot of talent that's gonna make the 24th pick tonight tougher. I wouldn't mind sliding back and picking up another 3rd rounder to spread our bets. I think there's a lot of boom or bust type guys out there and I'm thinking we could benefit from an extra pick tonight to have the leeway to take some chances.

isonator07
04-27-2012, 07:02 PM
When I think back to the most embarrassing games in 2011, we got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Baltimore and Houston are the 2 premiere teams in the AFC. And if we want to matchup against teams like that, we need to improve up front on both sides of the ball.

I think I'd be ok coming away with another OLineman and DLineman tonight.

If someone too good to pass up falls into our laps, let's grab em of course. But we've gotta get more physical up front. We need to own the LOS. That's football. And we haven't owned the LOS in a while. It's time to get back to where we belong.

The only potential issue I see is there could be a run on lineman starting in the 2nd round. And I don't want to reach. KC's got a tough job. One side of his brain thinking about need. The other side thinking about putting together the best team for the long haul.

I'm glad we're not in his shoes. We'd have traded our whole draft by now for Decastro and to move up in the 2nd round.

I think there's a lot of talent that's gonna make the 24th pick tonight tougher. I wouldn't mind sliding back and picking up another 3rd rounder to spread our bets. I think there's a lot of boom or bust type guys out there and I'm thinking we could benefit from an extra pick tonight to have the leeway to take some chances.

I completely agree. I want more big uglies.