PDA

View Full Version : The one player left with the highest upside...

Dee Dub
04-27-2012, 05:36 PM
..personally I think it is WR Alshon Jeffrey. This time last year he was considered a lock for top 10 and maybe even as high as top 5.

And if you look at the mess that was South Carolina Gamecocks quarterbacking this past year it is no wonder his game fell off a little. I think he is better than A.J. Jenkins who the Niners drafted yesterday.

Snatch98
04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
..personally I think it is WR Alshon Jeffrey. This time last year he was considered a lock for top 10 and maybe even as high as top 5.

And if you look at the mess that was South Carolina Gamecocks quarterbacking this past year it is no wonder his game fell off a little. I think he is better than A.J. Jenkins who the Niners drafted yesterday.

He won't make it past the browns IMO. Although with all the talent that dropped he may.

ramblinjim
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I like that tall receiver from Appalachia State, if for some reason he is still around in round 3, I think I'd make that move personally.

flippy
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
There's a load of guys with potential. Hill has more upside than Jeffrey. But both could be the next Limas Sweed. I even would prefer taking a shot at Streeter later in the draft over Jeffrey even though he's really raw.

Chapman is the guy that I see having the biggest potential impact on this team for the next decade. Ta'amu is another guy I could see having a big impact on this team.

flippy
04-27-2012, 05:56 PM
what if janoris jenkins is still there in the second? he's got huge upside as well.

8467thekraken
04-27-2012, 06:09 PM
That's funny flippy. 'cause I was just pondering the same idea.

I just thought it might be so out of bounds of a topic that I shouldnt be the one to speak of it. Certainly not with my 2nd post.

But yeah. He has top 20 talent. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

-I twist my 'stache around my finger-

Chadman
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Agree with Chapman- that guy is a rock to build on.

Steel Life
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd pass on Jeffrey & wouldn't touch Streeter, go for LBs David or Wagner...or even Brandon Brooks.

flippy
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Agree with Chapman- that guy is a rock to build on.

He played with a torn ACL. He's Steeler tough.

And if we look at production, this guy missed one game and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. As good as Alabama was, I think you could make the case that they were so good because of Chapman. I know he is hurt, but from what I've seen, I don't see how a guy like that still doesn't go in the first round.

Prototype 3-4 NTs don't grow on trees.

8467thekraken
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I would be quite happy with Chapman.

steelz09
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
He played with a torn ACL. He's Steeler tough.

And if we look at production, this guy missed one game and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. As good as Alabama was, I think you could make the case that they were so good because of Chapman. I know he is hurt, but from what I've seen, I don't see how a guy like that still doesn't go in the first round.

Prototype 3-4 NTs don't grow on trees.

I hope we draft Chapman. I wonder where he's listed on the Steelers board.

I wouldn't hesitate to draft Jeffrey or LaMichael James. There is a lot of borderline 1st round talent still available.

Players are going to fall. Teams are stupid, they'll reach, etc and that will mean good things for the Steelers :)

flippy
04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
That's funny flippy. 'cause I was just pondering the same idea.

I just thought it might be so out of bounds of a topic that I shouldnt be the one to speak of it. Certainly not with my 2nd post.

But yeah. He has top 20 talent. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

-I twist my 'stache around my finger-

I think Jenkins might be as good a corner as Claiborne. I also realize we're the Steelers and he may not even be on our board. But I think the Steelers had to at least have the thought about taking him at 24 if Decastro wasn't there. Decastro's just so good and so safe a pick, it was a no brainer.

But I'm thinking Jenkins without character issues is a top 5-10 pick in the draft.

flippy
04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I'd pass on Jeffrey & wouldn't touch Streeter, go for LBs David or Wagner...or even Brandon Brooks.

I would be looking at Streeter as a 4th/5th round project pick. I think Jeffrey/Hill will likely go in the 2nd round and I suspect they have about the same probability of success as Streeter who will be available 2-3 rounds later.

I don't know that I'd really want to touch a WR in the 2nd/3rd round. Even though we do have redzone woes. I would love to see Fleenor slip. I think we'd get more in the RedZone from a top TE.

Shoe
04-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Alshon Jeffery's fall from premium status stinks to me of a Limas Sweed-like realization. No one with Jeffery's supposed skills falls to this point in the draft. Now, this is not to say he will be a Limas Sweed (flat-out bust). Chances are, he must have ability to be an NFL caliber WR. But the notion that we might get some sort of Calvin Johnson type player to me, is flat unrealistic.

steelz09
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
I've watched Jeffery just about every week. The guy is legit.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-27-2012, 07:23 PM
jefferey is no sweed.

the dude can catch the football.