PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mad at our 1st round pick?

feltdizz
04-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm happy with the pick but I was wondering if anyone thought we missed out on a sure thing or thinks DeCastro won't live up to the hype.

isonator07
04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm happy with the pick but I was wondering if anyone thought we missed out on a sure thing or thinks DeCastro won't live up to the hype.

I think Ruthless was upset :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I think Ruthless was upset :lol:

My stomach was certainly upset after anxiously awaiting that pick!!!

BackwoodsSteeler
04-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Mad? Hell no. I don't believe in "sure" things in a draft but this kid is as close as you can get to one. He will be an anchor for the next 10+ years. He has Steeler writen all over him.

Now, go get Schwartz from Cal and really solidify that line.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Mad? Hell no. I don't believe in "sure" things in a draft but this kid is as close as you can get to one. He will be an anchor for the next 10+ years. He has Steeler writen all over him.

Now, go get Schwartz from Cal and really solidify that line.

I believe Schwartz has a nagging back problem.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Hell, i'm soo excited I'll post twice....I can't believe he got to us. I had him off off my board in the top 15. As it got closer I was clinching my ass every time a team picked. This kid is Faneca 2.0. Big, strong, tough, mean, and smart. This could be our only pick in the entire draft and I would be elated.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-27-2012, 04:36 PM
It concerned me until I saw it's supposed to be good now. I know backs are touchy but I think he's he fine.

Of course I can say that...not my name on his pay check.

I still say grab him. If we some how get Glenn Imma going to puke.

isonator07
04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Hell, i'm soo excited I'll post twice....I can't believe he got to us. I had him off off my board in the top 15. As it got closer I was clinching my ass every time a team picked. This kid is Faneca 2.0. Big, strong, tough, mean, and smart. This could be our only pick in the entire draft and I would be elated.

I also went into ass clinch mode thats funny.

grotonsteel
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I am happy its was an O-line pick. I was in a restaurant, watching on TV,chewing on my nails wow it was crazy.

Now if we can draft Amini Silatolu or Massie in Rd2, steelers O-line will be set.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-27-2012, 04:43 PM
No Massie. Slow feet. Schwartz or Allen. Or go lb and grab David from Neb.

I see a move coming in the second so no one is off the board.

Vindrow
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Now, my sphincter can unpucker from his dropping and us getting him....hell, I almost got arrested last night after streaking through my heidghborhood:D

grotonsteel
04-27-2012, 04:48 PM
No Massie. Slow feet. Schwartz or Allen. Or go lb and grab David from Neb.

I see a move coming in the second so no one is off the board.

Not a big fan of David. Too small. I don't think he can take on blockers.

Maybe he will play safety for steelers?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Ov was a little unhappy because he doesn't think that we need to address O line so early in the draft. He was thinking maybe a sixth rounder from Hoboken State Junior College.

BackwoodsSteeler
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I think he would be fine in the middle. I know he's small but he has a motor and heart. In fact, I think he would excell in the middle for the Steelers. His speed would over-come his size in taking on bloickers. As an old ball coach said...you can teach everything but speed and heart. I also think he would put on 15 lbs between now and camp without effecting his speed. Just has a nose for the ball. I could be wrong.

JMO.

jj28west
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I also went into ass clinch mode thats funny.

lol a$$hole pucker