PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tried to trade up...

steelerkeylargo
04-27-2012, 03:27 PM
to get DeCastro but couldn't find a partner. Wow!!

Djfan
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Source? Tnx

steeler_george
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey Largo, I believe that as well. Can you imagine Colbert and Tomlin sweating to try to find a partner to trade up, and then have him fall into our laps!

Sugar
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
to get DeCastro but couldn't find a partner. Wow!!

Why do you say that?

steelerkeylargo
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Why do you say that?

Because it's true.

squidkid
04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Because it's true.

c'mon man, where's that info coming from?

Chadman
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
SKL has contacts & is very much on the money every year (except about Marcus Gilbert- wouldn't take my tip on that one!!).

Would easily believe they wanted to trade up, they almost as much as admitted it in the press conference.

Steelhere10
04-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Colbert admitted that, but wanted to stay put because of the players that was left on the board.

costanza2k1
04-27-2012, 07:04 PM
SKL has contacts & is very much on the money every year (except about Marcus Gilbert- wouldn't take my tip on that one!!).

Would easily believe they wanted to trade up, they almost as much as admitted it in the press conference.

Agreed he has inside info and has been spot on everytime!

pfelix73
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I doubt that. If they were gonna trade up, it was probably for Poe. That's what I was hearing on local media... However, with DeCastro in a free for all, why not? No one ever thought he'd be there...They got a steal...

SteelAddicted
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
We be lucky!!! so happy to have this guy on our line!! amazing pick up.

Ghost
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
We go through this a lot on the board when Key Largo post something such as this. If I'm not mistaken, he's in the business and he doesn't post garbage. He's clearly got contacts. It's either true or true to the best of his knowledge. He's not just reading stories on the web...

Dee Dub
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
I'll go one better. It was an attempt with the Chargers. And how do I know that? It was announced on 1090 Hacksaw Hamilton show this afternoon. He is the ex-play by play guy for the Chargers and long time sports talk radio guy.

squidkid
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
We go through this a lot on the board when Key Largo post something such as this. If I'm not mistaken, he's in the business and he doesn't post garbage. He's clearly got contacts. It's either true or true to the best of his knowledge. He's not just reading stories on the web...

maybe, but its kinda hard to believe when someone makes a statement like that and doesnt back it with anything.

steelblood
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
skl is a better source than kaboly, who tweeted mid-way through the first that the steelers wouldn't take decastro or glenn.

Sugar
04-27-2012, 11:30 PM
maybe, but its kinda hard to believe when someone makes a statement like that and doesnt back it with anything.

That's why I asked why he said it. Is he the great and mighty Carnac or Nostrodomus or something? Has he talked to somebody? If so, who?

SS Laser
04-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I think SKL has said he will not tell his source. And why would he. Take his word for it or do not. Do you ask any of the pittsburgh sport writers for there source?

Chadman
04-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Isn't he from a Scouting Agency? Why would he dob in his source & risk future work?

Just be glad he posts here.

squidkid
04-28-2012, 12:17 AM
That's why I asked why he said it. Is he the great and mighty Carnac or Nostrodomus or something? Has he talked to somebody? If so, who?

exactly. hey, i heard we tried to trade back but had no takers.....

aggiebones
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
When they say couldn't find a partner, they mean at their price.
Teams were dumping alot of picks to move up. The Steelers won't do that.

steelerkeylargo
08-08-2013, 02:42 AM

Chadman. Checking in with you on Gilbert.

feltdizz
08-08-2013, 12:26 PM

when a guy is right about 99% of the things he post and he refuses to reveal his source... it's a sign he has connections.

Shawn
08-08-2013, 01:59 PM
People new to these forums are always skeptical. But since the Steelerlive days we have had former players, family members, scouts, and reporters who have attended our forums. On Steelerlive, I regularly PM'd with Wexell...who rarely posted (few knew who he was) but when he did was met with "how do you know that"..."you are clearly wrong" and the like. We have a guy that occasionally posts here who played on the 85 Bears...and has ins with the current Steeler regime. SKL, is the real deal as well.

RuthlessBurgher
08-08-2013, 04:26 PM
People new to these forums are always skeptical. But since the Steelerlive days we have had former players, family members, scouts, and reporters who have attended our forums. On Steelerlive, I regularly PM'd with Wexell...who rarely posted (few knew who he was) but when he did was met with "how do you know that"..."you are clearly wrong" and the like. We have a guy that occasionally posts here who played on the 85 Bears...and has ins with the current Steeler regime. SKL, is the real deal as well.

I'll admit it...I played on the 85 Bears.

Actually, I was 10 years old then. Never mind. :p

NJ-STEELER
08-08-2013, 08:09 PM
hmmm 85 bears with pitt/PA connections

matt suhey?
tomzac?
jimbo covert?

Discipline of Steel
08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I would guess #2 on that list for obvious reasons