PDA

View Full Version : Think New England helped us?

pittpete
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Anyone think the Pats traded up with the Bengals just so they could get Hightower.
I was thinking NE figured the Bengals would take Decastro & knew we wanted Hightower.
They make the trade and get the guy they wanted.
Crazy?:eek:

phillyesq
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I think the pats* helped us by taking Hightower. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo will make for a slow, but tough LB group in NE, but I'm glad the Ravens didn't end up with Hightower.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't know what Belichick's ulterior motives for moving up with Cincy might have been, but they definitely helped us out last night big time. If Cincy stayed put, they would have taken DeCastro with the 21st pick (that was pretty much confirmed when they drafted Zeitler at #27).

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
I think the pats* helped us by taking Hightower. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo will make for a slow, but tough LB group in NE, but I'm glad the Ravens didn't end up with Hightower.

The Ravens might now get Hightower's running mate, Courtney Upshaw, though (they pick 3rd tonight, and I think the Rams take Stephen Hill and the Colts take Coby Fleener with the first two picks).

phillyesq
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
The Ravens might now get Hightower's running mate, Courtney Upshaw, though (they pick 3rd tonight, and I think the Rams take Stephen Hill and the Colts take Coby Fleener with the first two picks).

True enough, but I've seen some pretty mixed reviews on Upshaw.