PDA

View Full Version : ok, lets admit 2 things.............

squidkid
04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
who here last night wasnt screaming for the steelers to move up and draft decastro when he got around 18-20?
and as much as we would like to give credit to colbert for standing tough and letting decastro fall to us at #24 without having to give away any picks to move up to get him, who here would be going crazy about having someone only 1-3 picks ahead of us take him while we sat back and did nothing?
i am ecstatic, but realize we got real lucky.

steelz09
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
who here last night wasnt screaming for the steelers to move up and draft decastro when he got around 18-20?
and as much as we would like to give credit to colbert for standing tough and letting decastro fall to us at #24 without having to give away any picks to move up to get him, who here would be going crazy about having someone only 1-3 picks ahead of us take him while we sat back and did nothing?

I'll admit it. I had a BAD feeling that the Lions were going to pick DeCastro.

Shawn
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
While DeCastro is an elite prospect, giving up a 3rd may have been too steep considering the talent that was falling.

The question is this...IS

DeCastro>Glenn and Chapman?

I think the answer is no. I'm ok with them staying put.

ikestops85
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM

I know what you mean but Colbert also said that they had 3 or 4 people they were targeting still on the board so the strategy was to see who fell to them. Granted, we were lucky it was DeCastro. I don't think it could have laid out any better for us. :tt2

Dee Dub
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Just go to the draft thread and you can see all of those who were doing exactly that. Which was most everyone on that thread.

Not me. I would have been happy to hold and get DeCastro, Glenn, Hightower, Reiff, or Martin. One on them was going to be there.

phillyesq
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I'll admit that I wanted them to move up, and I was hoping that a 4th would get the Steelers up a few spots. That's why I'm here posting on a message board and not the GM of the Steelers.

8467thekraken
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
All I wanted was to have one of Decastro,Reiff,Martin or Glenn available at 24. Once that scenario was fulfilled, I was quite happy.

The party started after Detroit selected Reiff. There was no way Decastro was getting by. To get the best offensive lineman(arguably) in the draft at 24 while giving up nada.

Ridiculous!

Giddy. Yeah, giddy.

Go Steelers!!!!

steelblood
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I was calling for a trade up at 14 or 15. However, when he got into the twenties, I saw they needed to wait. With DeCastro, Glenn, and Reiff there. They needed to be patient and let a good player fall to them.

phillyesq
04-27-2012, 11:47 AM
All I wanted was to have one of Decastro,Reiff,Martin or Glenn available at 24. Once that scenario was fulfilled, I was quite happy.

The party started after Detroit selected Reiff. There was no way Decastro was getting by. To get the best offensive lineman(arguably) in the draft at 24 while giving up nada.

Ridiculous!

Giddy. Yeah, giddy.

Go Steelers!!!!

Nice first post -- welcome to the board!!

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
There is no way that I would have had the patience to wait that out. Yeah, Colbert definitely lucked out, but I would have made my own luck and did what it took to go get him. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the way it turned out, but my stomach was in countless knots leading up to our pick last night.

Oviedo
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
There is no way that I would have had the patience to wait that out. Yeah, Colbert definitely lucked out, but I would have made my own luck and did what it took to go get him. I'm absolutely ecstatic with the way it turned out, but my stomach was in countless knots leading up to our pick last night.

I agree. It was a ballsy move waiting but keep in mind they had Glenn and Hightower as fallbacks. Not a bad hand to have.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
While DeCastro is an elite prospect, giving up a 3rd may have been too steep considering the talent that was falling.

The question is this...IS

DeCastro>Glenn and Chapman?

I think the answer is no. I'm ok with them staying put.

But DeCastro is better than Glenn and, say, Bruce Davis type of 3rd round pick (and we'd be kicking ourselves if we got that type of jalopy in round 3 when it could have been put to better us to make sure you get the top guard in the draft). At this point, it's all hypothetical, though...you'll never know. I'm just overjoyed regardless. Gotta love it!

Shawn
04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Well Ruthless yes in retrospect that is an easy call to make. DeCastro>Glenn and bust. But, of course we don't know that...it could be Glenn and Wallace>DeCastro.

ikestops85
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
No question it is a crap shoot and you never know what the other teams are going to do. For instance, the Bungles took Zeitler with Glenn still on the board. Yet Mayock thought we should pick Glenn over DeCastro. It's all very subjective and luck certainly plays a big part.

I'm just glad we got who we got!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Funny thing is, the talking heads would be praising the Steelers a lot more if they would have moved up to grab Decastro. I have heard so much about how great these teams that moved up did by giving away more picks to grab their guy, but the Steelers getting the draft value of the night are an afterthought.