PDA

View Full Version : Flippy Final Mock - 3.0

flippy
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Stephen Hill - WR - GA Tech - A 6'4", 215lb WR that fixes our #1 problem. Red Zone production. He's a junior which Tomlin should like. Kid's a freak. He's the real deal. Might have more potential than any WR in this class. Don't need him, but he'll be a steal at 24.

2. Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama - He has Casey Hampton II written all over him. If he wasn't hurt, he'd be a sure first rounder. This kid is a stud that will change our Defense for years.

3. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - Small school beast with athleticism, size, and positional flexibility that we seem to covet.

4. Bruce Irvin - OLB - WVU - Just trying to fit in a local college kid. This kid seems like a freak that shouldn't last this long. But who knows? He's got some character issues and could slide a bit.

5. Chris Rainey -RB - Florida - He's little. He's quick. He's explosive. Good 3rd down weapon and a change of pace back.

6. Chris Greenwood - CB - Albion - Great D-III athlete that has the prototypical size/speed/athleticism to fit in the Steelers' D.

7. Neiko Thorpe - FS - Auburn - Good athlete with good size and production in the SEC.

7. Donald Stephenson - OT/OG - Oklahoma - Big athletic kid with positional flexibility.

7. Patrick Witt - QB - Yale - The kid's as good a QB prospect as any of the QBs outside of the top QBs. He's smart, got good size, and a decent arm. Could be a good eventual backup for us.

7. Noah Keller - ILB - OH - Nice athlete with good production on the field. A little small. Will he hold up against top competition? Seems like a good risk for a 7th round pick. Plus we're in a passing league now, so do we really need the big thumpers in the middle?

Some additional commentary, I wouldn't be surprised with Janoris Jenkins or Coby Fleener. Just 2 guys I had a suspicion about very early on. I know Jenkins has character issues, but without them, he's as good a CB as I've seen in college. Fleener seems like such a good fit to cure our RedZone issues. He looks like the next Heath Miller out there. But at the end of the day, I have to look at the reality of the Mike Wallace situation and think Hill could make a ton of sense.

MeetJoeGreene
04-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Dude . Epic Mock Draft. That is BEAST!!

BigRob
04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
3. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - Small school beast with athleticism, size, and positional flexibility that we seem to covet.

4. Bruce Irvin - OLB - WVU - Just trying to fit in a local college kid. This kid seems like a freak that shouldn't last this long. But who knows? He's got some character issues and could slide a bit.

I could live with your first two picks. I think these two picks are where you went wrong. Irvin will not be there in the 4th and Brooks is a 2nd round player or early third. There is no way he is there in the third for us.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I could live with your first two picks. I think these two picks are where you went wrong. Irvin will not be there in the 4th and Brooks is a 2nd round player or early third. There is no way he is there in the third for us.

http://s4.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/C0DE33E4.jpg

flippy
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM

I was hoping Brooks would last because of the small school and Irvin because of the character concerns. I know it's a pipe dream. I've seen people putting Chapman in the 3rd or 4th, so maybe we could swap some of these guys around?

The longer I look at a draft, the crazier I think I get. I want everyone. And I start to overthink this whole thing. I think I've considered every single college player as a Steeler outside of the top QBs.