PDA

View Full Version : Crazy draft thought I'm having....

BigRob
04-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I have this strange weird prophetical feeling/thought that the Steelers are going to go with a stunner in the first round.

I've had this nagging feeling in the last 24 hours that the Steelers are going to shock the world and take Bobby Wagner, ILB Utah State with the 24th pick in the first round. I know I am likely wrong, but its weird.

It will be a pick everyone hates, but in 3 years will look brilliant.

phillyesq
04-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I could see a "shock the world" type pick at 24, but I'm kind of seeing an OLB as the pick. Harrison seemed to be the only big contract that was not restructured this offseason, which makes him easier to release down the road, if needed. The Steelers sure seemed to look at a lot of highly rated OLBs, and I could see them taking an OLB early, either first or second, instead of an ILB.

BigRob
04-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I could see a "shock the world" type pick at 24, but I'm kind of seeing an OLB as the pick. Harrison seemed to be the only big contract that was not restructured this offseason, which makes him easier to release down the road, if needed. The Steelers sure seemed to look at a lot of highly rated OLBs, and I could see them taking an OLB early, either first or second, instead of an ILB.

Are you thinking Nick Perry or Shea Mclellin?

I can't shake this severe feeling that they love Bobby Wagner and are keeping it extra quiet because he won't be there in the second.

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
You think that's crazy?

We brought in WR Stephen Hill for a visit...imagine the shockwaves if he was the pick at #24.

The trade offers would likely come rolling in for Mike Wallace if that were to happen.

Hmmm...imagine if the Cardinals, who were hoping to draft Michael Floyd to play opposite of Larry Fitzgerald, miss out on him, so they settle for David DeCastro at #13 as a B.P.A. pick instead. Then, later on in the first round, when we take Hill and they see that Wallace could be on the trade block, offer up DeCastro for Wallace and our 2nd round pick (which they use on someone like Silatolu). Arizona winds up with Wallace and Silatolu, Pittsburgh winds up with DeCastro and Hill (and the ability to sign Antonio Brown long term with Wallace's salary demands out of the picture).

Okay...who spiked my Mountain Dew? :p

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2012, 08:02 PM

I can't shake this severe feeling that they love Bobby Wagner and are keeping it extra quiet because he won't be there in the second.

I think Wagner will be there in the second. He was likely an early 3rd round pick whose stock has risen to a mid-to-late 2nd round pick.

Steelersrock151
04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
To me, the biggest shock-the-world pick that the Steelers could make, that honestly could turn out to be the steal of the draft, is Janoris Jenkins. Some have him as the top cornerback in the draft ability wise. And most people have written him off as a Steeler prospect because of his love of weed. But I could see him being the steal of the draft if he can get his head out of his arse.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2012, 10:19 PM
To me, the biggest shock-the-world pick that the Steelers could make, that honestly could turn out to be the steal of the draft, is Janoris Jenkins. Some have him as the top cornerback in the draft ability wise. And most people have written him off as a Steeler prospect because of his love of weed. But I could see him being the steal of the draft if he can get his head out of his arse.

and then we can follow that up by selecting ILB Vontaze Burfict in the 2nd round...:shock:

Steelersrock151
04-24-2012, 10:29 PM
and then we can follow that up by selecting ILB Vontaze Burfict in the 2nd round...:shock:

Well, he asked for a shock-the-world first rounder. Hell, we can pick Adams in the second round and they can room together.

phillyesq
04-24-2012, 10:29 PM

I could see it easily being either one of those guys.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Well, he asked for a shock-the-world first rounder. Hell, we can pick Adams in the second round and they can room together.

good point, that way they can share the cost of a nice bong...:D

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2012, 06:56 AM
good point, that way they can share the cost of a nice bong...:D

No 'Billy Bong Thorton' without Santonio, that would not be right, man. Use 'Wesley Pipes'!

Shawn
04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Normally, I'm not much on the whole "prophetic" notions about the draft. BUt, that changed several drafts back. I notoriously miss on just about every one of my picks. But, before the 2006 draft, I had a dream the night before. I had a dream that we traded up to grab Santonio Holmes. I came on here with " I had a dream" thread, and the rest is history. It was my only shining moment in all my message board years, so I make sure I mention it about this time every year. :)

Oviedo
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Normally, I'm not much on the whole "prophetic" notions about the draft. BUt, that changed several drafts back. I notoriously miss on just about every one of my picks. But, before the 2006 draft, I had a dream the night before. I had a dream that we traded up to grab Santonio Holmes. I came on here with " I had a dream" thread, and the rest is history. It was my only shining moment in all my message board years, so I make sure I mention it about this time every year. :)

Please dream about Cordy Glenn and Zeitler.

hawaiiansteel
04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Please dream about Cordy Glenn and Zeitler.

I prefer dreaming about attractive women rather than big, burly sweaty men...;)

Sugar
04-25-2012, 02:51 PM

You got that right! I remember thinking "what if we got someone like Ziggy Hood." At the time, he wasn't on anybodys mock (that I had seen). I never expected that we would draft him.

Oviedo
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM

It's only once a year...if it works go for it!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Cordy Glenn probably has bigger breasteses than those attractive women, though. ;) :Boobs

Chadman
04-25-2012, 05:54 PM

You banging on about this again?

Every year, the same story..." I dream about this, I dream about that..."...

Anyone would think you were Martin Luther King Jnr..

:D

Shawn
04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
:lol:

Well Chadman, when you are wrong as much as myself...you gotta milk these kinds of things for all they are worth. :D

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2012, 09:37 PM
you gotta milk these kinds of things for all they are worth.

I hope we're not still talking about Cordy Glenn's breasteses...ewww...http://cdn1.medstudentsonline.com.au/images/smilies/new/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

hawaiiansteel
04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I hope we're not still talking about Cordy Glenn's breasteses...ewww...http://cdn1.medstudentsonline.com.au/images/smilies/new/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

although you could probably milk Terrence Cody's breasteses...:Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
although you could probably milk Terrence Cody's breasteses...:Boobs

I've got nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gQw7xnYth0c/TV_VjSPkU5I/AAAAAAAAC1g/JqPbqR0NlYc/s1600/MeetTheParents2000-2.jpg

Shoe
04-25-2012, 11:32 PM
It's sad, but we pretty much know what's going to happen tomorrow. It'll be Hightower, or Poe, and one of the other guys that have been talked about. The sad thing to me is the lack of surprise in today's NFL Draft. They've made this thing into a prime-time viewing sort of deal (which I HATE too--Why Thursday?!)

But with all the extra coverage, etc. there simply are no surprises. I especially hate how the networks (ESPN/NFLN) try to seemingly trump each other by announcing the pick before the commish even reads the card. Where's the suspense? Why do they do this, especially considering they want to produce a TV show around the event? Why not let the suspense go to the reading of the card?

Chadman
04-26-2012, 05:46 AM
It's sad, but we pretty much know what's going to happen tomorrow. It'll be Hightower, or Poe, and one of the other guys that have been talked about. The sad thing to me is the lack of surprise in today's NFL Draft. They've made this thing into a prime-time viewing sort of deal (which I HATE too--Why Thursday?!)

But with all the extra coverage, etc. there simply are no surprises. I especially hate how the networks (ESPN/NFLN) try to seemingly trump each other by announcing the pick before the commish even reads the card. Where's the suspense? Why do they do this, especially considering they want to produce a TV show around the event? Why not let the suspense go to the reading of the card?

Maybe you should support the Jaguars? They could surprise you with a "Tyson Alamu" type moment.... :D

Sugar
04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
IDK, Ziggy Hood was a surprise to me. I don't recall seeing any mocks that had him as our pick. There probably were, but I don't recall them. Mendenhall was a big surprise. Most of the smart people didn't think he'd fall to us. Even last year, Cam Heyward was always possible but wasn't the pick by the most seasoned prognosticators.

All I'm saying is that the mystery is still there. Kind of...

Shawn
04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I remember one mock on here had Ziggy. It was the only mock I had seen that even mentioned his name.

Sugar
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I remember one mock on here had Ziggy. It was the only mock I had seen that even mentioned his name.
I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day. That said, there was still a surprise to most people with that pick and a number of our more recent picks.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM

For the first time tonight, both networks have agreed not to show prospects on cell phones in the green room anymore (so we know who will be picked before the pick is actually made). This is a huge improvement.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/37244-NFL-Network-amp-ESPN-cameras-won-t-show-draftees-on-cell-phone-before-pick-is-made