PDA

View Full Version : SKL's One Show Only....Mock

steelerkeylargo
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
1) Cordy Glenn-OL-Georgia: One of the few players who could contribute day one. Can immediately start at LG where he played as a Junior and was a dominant run blocker. Offers the position versatility to play either Tackle spot the Steelers love.

2) Brandon Thompson-DT-Clemson: Another player who fills a need and could see rotational playing time as a rookie. Commands double teams with excellent quickness off the ball.

3) Isaiah Pead-RB-Cincy- Excellent speed to get the edge. Shifty open field runner with nifty feet in the hole. Shows excellent receiving skills.

4) Audie Cole-ILB-N.C. St.: Great motor. Excellent in pass coverage with good size and length. Smart player who diagnoses plays quickly. Is a FOOTBALL PLAYER

5) Kelvin Beachum-OL-SMU: Only thing keeping Beachum from being a legit OT prospect is lack of height. Has solid footwork and a good punch. Shows good leverage and strong pass pro technique. Can also long snap. 4 year starter. 2 years at LT.

6) Logan Harrell-DE-Fresno St.: Fantastic motor with good quickness off the snap. Plays to the whistle with good physicality. Nice pass rush skills and draws an extra blocker often.

7) Desmond Marrow-DB-Toledo: Prototype NFL size. Shows good man coverage skills and nice size/speed combo. Probably converts to FS but has plenty of CB experience.

7) Derek Moye-WR-PSU: Deceptive deep speed. Long frame. Not afraid to lay out for the ball. Long arms and solid hands. Consistently finds a way to gain separation despite his skinny frame.

7) Randy Bullock-k-TAMU: Please no more Slicem

7) Bradie Ewing-FB-Wisc: Lead blocker on the best running attack in the country.

hawaiiansteel
04-23-2012, 11:08 PM
very good mock SKL, ever thought about doing this kinda thing for a living? :D

Dee Dub
04-23-2012, 11:09 PM
1) Cordy Glenn-OL-Georgia: One of the few players who could contribute day one. Can immediately start at LG where he played as a Junior and was a dominant run blocker. Offers the position versatility to play either Tackle spot the Steelers love.

2) Brandon Thompson-DT-Clemson: Another player who fills a need and could see rotational playing time as a rookie. Commands double teams with excellent quickness off the ball.

3) Isaiah Pead-RB-Cincy- Excellent speed to get the edge. Shifty open field runner with nifty feet in the hole. Shows excellent receiving skills.

4) Audie Cole-ILB-N.C. St.: Great motor. Excellent in pass coverage with good size and length. Smart player who diagnoses plays quickly. Is a FOOTBALL PLAYER

5) Kelvin Beachum-OL-SMU: Only thing keeping Beachum from being a legit OT prospect is lack of height. Has solid footwork and a good punch. Shows good leverage and strong pass pro technique. Can also long snap. 4 year starter. 2 years at LT.

6) Logan Harrell-DE-Fresno St.: Fantastic motor with good quickness off the snap. Plays to the whistle with good physicality. Nice pass rush skills and draws an extra blocker often.

7) Desmond Marrow-DB-Toledo: Prototype NFL size. Shows good man coverage skills and nice size/speed combo. Probably converts to FS but has plenty of CB experience.

7) Derek Moye-WR-PSU: Deceptive deep speed. Long frame. Not afraid to lay out for the ball. Long arms and solid hands. Consistently finds a way to gain separation despite his skinny frame.

7) Randy Bullock-k-TAMU: Please no more Slicem

7) Bradie Ewing-FB-Wisc: Lead blocker on the best running attack in the country.

1 thru 3 I like very much. I would be very pleased if it went down that way. #4? So-so. Picks 5-7 plus? Yawn.

steelerkeylargo
04-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Well Dee I could have spiced it up by using a 4th rounder on Derek Wolfe but seeing as how he won't last past pick 70 that wouldn't be realistic!!! :p

Dee Dub
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Well Dee I could have spiced it up by using a 4th rounder on Derek Wolfe but seeing as how he won't last past pick 70 that wouldn't be realistic!!! :p

I dont know, is he at this stage any better than Aaron Smith was at the same? And when was Smitty selected?

Dee Dub
04-23-2012, 11:32 PM

I dont want to sabatoge your draft, by putting you check again...so I'll be nice. Your mock is great 1-3. No doubt.

hawaiiansteel
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM

good one, I love a great comeback line...

steelerkeylargo
04-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I dont know, is he at this stage any better than Aaron Smith was at the same? And when was Smitty selected?

Smitty has paved the way for guys like Wolfe and he is precisely the reason why Wolfe will be a 2nd round pick. Smitty was an anomaly when drafted to one of the few 3-4 teams in the league.

Chadman
04-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Smitty has paved the way for guys like Wolfe and he is precisely the reason why Wolfe will be a 2nd round pick. Smitty was an anomaly when drafted to one of the few 3-4 teams in the league.

Add to that simple supply & demand theory- back when Aaron Smith was drafted in Round 4, how many teams ran a 3-4 defense? Compare that to now- more teams want the "Aaron Smith's" now than they did back then. That's why 3-4 DE's are getting picked earlier- supply & demand. Another example is FB- used to get a good one around Round 4...now they are lucky to be drafted because so few teams use one..

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-24-2012, 01:02 AM
The more I think about it, the more that I can see a player like Glenn free falling to us in round 1. QBs will be reached for, CBs will follow suit because "this is a passing league now". Maybe a couple of receivers climb if/when Floyd is picked early and teams need to jump because a top WR might not be available when we need him.

With all of that over drafting, someone has to fall. My guess is that it will be a player who plays a position that "you don't draft so high" like guard. Unless some team is seriously thinking about starting Glenn at OT day 1, he projects to be drafted as a guard/project tackle and all of the other true tackles go before him.

MeetJoeGreene
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Dude. EPIC Mock Draft.. That is BEAST!!!

(Actually.. this is my favorite so far). I especially like the possibility of having a backup OL long snap as opposed to a dedicated position .. and the drafting of Moye (being a PSU Homer).. I think he could be a sleeper... he never really had a good QB.

steelblood
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I'd be happy with that draft because I like the Glenn and Pead very much. Getting Glenn would be awesome. Pead will need to learn to run between the tackles better. But, he'd be an immediate upgrade as a third down back. He is fast and athletic enough to play WR as well. This would give the Steelers great flexibility in play calling. I'd start him at guard and let him acclimate to the pro game. If Colon goes down, he could play RT. I don't like Cole much as I don't feel like he has NFL athleticism and quickness (but I've only seen him play twice so what do I know). Harrell could be good as a situational pass rusher, but I'm not sure he has the frame to play 3-4 DE. I've seen Moye alligator arm balls a few times (but he'd still be okay in the seventh). I'm all for replacing Sushi, but Bullock had poor FG % numbers in 2009 and 2010. He was better last season, but I doubt that he is going to be better than Sushi especially kicking in Heniz field in bad weather. Beachum is a guy that intrigues me. I think he could turn out to be a very good pick.

Nice Job!

grotonsteel
04-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Excellent Mock.. SKL. I like Cordy Glenn, Pead and Moyer pick very much. I think they contribute day one on Offense. Moyer can get seperaton from DBs at next level.

One thing though, do you rate Brandon Thompson higher than Josh Chapman or Mike Martin?

steelerkeylargo
04-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Excellent Mock.. SKL. I like Cordy Glenn, Pead and Moyer pick very much. I think they contribute day one on Offense. Moyer can get seperaton from DBs at next level.

One thing though, do you rate Brandon Thompson higher than Josh Chapman or Mike Martin?

I do think Thompson is the best of the 3. For the record though I love Martin's toughness and heart. I just wish he was a little bigger. He does play best at a zero technique though!!