PDA

View Full Version : PlanetSteelers 2012 Board Mock Draft Commentary Thread

RuthlessBurgher
04-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Feel free trash talk each other, praise solid picks, make fun of crappy picks (within reason, of course...be respectful in your mocking of this mock draft). You can suggest trades to each other via PM, but you can make public that a certain pick is on the trade block on this thread if you'd like. Enjoy...

RuthlessBurgher
04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Whoops...151...I posted your pick for the Eagles (based on your PM) right after you posted it yourself. Your post wasn't there when I started making mine...guess you snuck it in there while I was adding funny pictures of Andy Reid. At least the picks are consistent, though, eh?

D Rock
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Boy o boy, David DeCastro sure is gonna look good on any team not run by Ruthless!

RuthlessBurgher
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Boy o boy, David DeCastro sure is gonna look good on any team not run by Ruthless!

First they prevent us from pairing up the Pouncey twins last year, and now they take DeCastro from us too??? I'm ready to start rooting for these Dolphins to get caught in tuna nets. :mad: ;)

Steelersrock151
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Its ok, Ruthless, you have much prettier graphics than I do.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 02:50 AM
A few thoughts on the picks thus far:
David DeCastro will be a great guard in the NFL. While I'm not sure that's the greatest positional value (especially at 8th overall), he might be the safest bet in the draft (even moreso than his college teammate Andrew Luck)
Dontari Poe is kind of a boom or bust selection. His tape isn't great, but guys with his skills are a VERY rare breed. I can also understand why the Chiefs would select him. They need a nose tackle.
Not sure I quite understand Seattle taking Ryan Tannehill. They signed Matt Flynn as a free agent, and I'm assuming they did so with the idea that he'd be their starter. I guess if he doesn't work out in the next couple of years, Tannehill would be waiting in the wings. So I can understand it in that sense, but I may have gone with Kuechly instead.
Then Dallas' pick of Quinton Coples is one I don't particularly love. Based on pure potential/body type, he's a top 5-10 talent. However, this guy has admitted on TV to not giving his best effort during his senior season at UNC. Makes me wonder what he'll do with a guaranteed contract. Steal if he's motivated, but I could just as easily see him being a big time bust.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Also, pick #18 (Chargers) is very available.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Also, pick #18 (Chargers) is very available.

I sent you a PM about that Charger pick yesterday. Did you get it?

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I sent you a PM about that Charger pick yesterday. Did you get it?
Yes. I tried sending a reply back, but it said you had a high volume of messages in your inbox and wouldn't allow me to send the reply.
That trade is one I would accept.

Steelersrock151
04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Pick #21, Bengals, is available.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Yes. I tried sending a reply back, but it said you had a high volume of messages in your inbox and wouldn't allow me to send the reply.
That trade is one I would accept.

Okay...I will push that trade through now and will make my pick for the Steelers. Nice doing business with you!

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Okay...I will push that trade through now and will make my pick for the Steelers. Nice doing business with you!
Cool. Since the Chargers would now have the last pick of today, would it be alright if I went slightly past their new allotted time slot of 4:00 EST to 4:59 EST? I most likely will not be by a computer at those times, but I do have a list of players available that the Chargers would want at 24.
If I should PM you with those guys, I guess you'll need to make room and delete some past messages because that is what was giving me problems last night.

NottinghamForest_UK
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Nope, I think you should forfeit the pick :o .....

I'm suprised the Steelers have traded up to get Martin!

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Cool. Since the Chargers would now have the last pick of today, would it be alright if I went slightly past their new allotted time slot of 4:00 EST to 4:59 EST? I most likely will not be by a computer at those times, but I do have a list of players available that the Chargers would want at 24.
If I should PM you with those guys, I guess you'll need to make room and delete some past messages because that is what was giving me problems last night.

You are the last pick of the day, so you can do it any time this evening (before 9:00 a.m. tomorrow).

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
You are the last pick of the day, so you can do it any time this evening (before 9:00 a.m. tomorrow).
Great. I'll have it late in the afternoon/early in the evening then.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Bummer lol :mad:
Ah well, there would be something worse than this... the Chargers having to deal with Abbott and Costello (aka Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith) for one more season. Oh wait... they do :HeadBanger

Steelersrock151
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Once again, pick #21, Bengals, is available.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM

If a reasonable trade was available, I didn't want to lose out on getting one of the top 5 OL prospects (since I don't want Mike Adams, and everyone else are day two guys). I've been on record as being willing to give up our 2nd round pick for DeCastro (but that option got taken away rather quickly), so giving up a 3rd round pick for a shot at either Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin made sense to me. I PM'ed the potential trade parameters to San Diego yesterday before Cincy took Glenn off the board (I figured that both Glenn and Martin could easily be swallowed up today before my Steeler pick at #24 since we had numerous OL-needy teams ahead of us today...Cincy X 2, Chicago, Tennessee, Detroit).

Martin gives us a legit LT, which allows us to keep Gilbert at RT, which allows us to move Colon inside to guard, which allows us to keep Bronko Legursky as a swing center/guard on gameday as well as an occassional goalline fullback instead of a starter. I'm pretty happy with that. Whaddaya'll think?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
If I was to comment on the picks to date that I don't agree with:

Decastro pick a little too high.

If the Browns pass on Tannehill, I don't see him falling past the Dolphins if he is there. I think there is also a good possibility for a team like the Cardinlas or even Titans trying to leap frog the Dolphins to get him. The Seahawks have already started the "smoke screen" for teams to jump ahead of them to force a player down the board if Miami passes or trades back. Browns and Dolphins are in a very bad spot. The "Franchise QB" label may or may not be on Tannehill. If they pass and he turns out to be...It will be felt through the organization and the fan base. "Franchise QB" is the career killer for the FO. I don't feel he is Top 20 warranted because he may not be NFL ready year 1...His upside is though. "Franchise QB" is the only position that elevates with the prospects ceiling. Dammed if you do.... Glad the Steelers aren't in this dilemma.

Big gamble with Poe at #11...Big gamble. Inside Top 20...He better be the player you think he is.

I'm right around 20-24 legit 1st round talents. I don't like this draft at all at the top. Inside Top 20 for Poe...Don't agree. Outside...The argument can be made he is worth the gamble. Poe is in that group of Hightower, Fleener, Mercilus, Worthy, Still, Branch, etc. who are fringe players. Pushable players if propects were added. That list of players has more value with "Player" plus pick in a trade back. I look at some of the names coming in for visits and you could see it is on their minds. They seem to be doing their "due diligence" on players grading bottom of first and early second. Guys who should go later than #24 and earlier than #56. I have my eye on 4 players in round one at #24 that would fill a need. Very good chance all four will be gone. If they are gone, don't like any of the rest that fills a need unless he comes with a 3rd or 4th round pick. Took a long time and alot of game tape. Even had to go to extra efforts to find game footage on Poe. He got pushed too.

1. Decastro
2. Kuechley
3. Glenn
4. Barron

In my opinion, Nobody else who fills a need is worthy of #24. If they are gone...trade back. If staying put, BPA which won't be at OL, ILB, NT, or S.

NottinghamForest_UK
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
JPN - I would have picked Kuechly but he isn't a position of need for the Chiefs, but I agree Poe is a gamble, as he is tape shows! Ya just neva know!

Ruthless I agree I'd have traded up for DeCastro. I'm happy with the Martin pick though just not sure I'd trade up to get him, however I'm glad you took the gamble and didn't rest with Adams :D

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
If a reasonable trade was available, I didn't want to lose out on getting one of the top 5 OL prospects (since I don't want Mike Adams, and everyone else are day two guys). I've been on record as being willing to give up our 2nd round pick for DeCastro (but that option got taken away rather quickly), so giving up a 3rd round pick for a shot at either Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin made sense to me. I PM'ed the potential trade parameters to San Diego yesterday before Cincy took Glenn off the board (I figured that both Glenn and Martin could easily be swallowed up today before my Steeler pick at #24 since we had numerous OL-needy teams ahead of us today...Cincy X 2, Chicago, Tennessee, Detroit).

Martin gives us a legit LT, which allows us to keep Gilbert at RT, which allows us to move Colon inside to guard, which allows us to keep Bronko Legursky as a swing center/guard on gameday as well as an occassional goalline fullback instead of a starter. I'm pretty happy with that. Whaddaya'll think?
I'm with you. As far as pure left tackles go, I only have Kalil, Reiff and Martin as legit first rounders. I wouldn't touch Adams in the 1st round either. I may not even do it with a 2nd, either. He gets beaten consistently off the edge by pure speed rushers, is pretty soft and has a reputation for being lazy. He's not a guy I'd want protecting Big Ben's blind side. Cordy Glenn is a guy I view as somewhat similar to ex-Dallas Cowboy Leonard Davis in terms of both size and position. I'm not sure I'd trust him as my left tackle, but at right tackle I'm sure he'd be fine and at either guard spot, I expect him to be fantastic. Davis became a 3-time straight Pro Bowler once Dallas reassured him he'd be a guard and not a tackle.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
JPN - I would have picked Kuechly but he isn't a position of need for the Chiefs, but I agree Poe is a gamble, as he is tape shows! Ya just neva know!

Ruthless I agree I'd have traded up for DeCastro. I'm happy with the Martin pick though just not sure I'd trade up to get him, however I'm glad you took the gamble and didn't rest with Adams :D

I wouldn't have taken Adams. Hightower over Adams for sure.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Another thing I want to add about Adams that I forgot to mention in my last post... from what I see on tape, he needs help with his stances also. He made it so obvious on certain plays that Ohio State would throw the ball. On those obvious plays, his stance would be MUCH different. That's something I think an opposing defensive coordinator would be able to pick up on if I can pick up on it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Once again, pick #21, Bengals, is available.

A formal offer has been sent to you via PM. Let me know on this thread if you didn't get it (because Pouncey53Fan and I ran into some PM hiccups during our trade discussions).

NottinghamForest_UK
04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Ha ha now I see why you traded up to get Martin, Ruthless ..... Chadman will NOT be pleased! :D

Steelersrock151
04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure if it went, but the Bengals accept your offer. Post and I will 2nd.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Ha ha now I see why you traded up to get Martin, Ruthless ..... Chadman will NOT be pleased! :D
I thought he did well taking Fleener for the Bears, who don't have much at tight end on their roster at the moment. Cutler needs someone to throw the ball to other than Brandon Marshall, especially with Johnny Knox being unavailable at least at the start of the 2012 due to serious injury.
Then Konz at 20 to the Titans makes perfect sense. Best center in the draft by a considerable margin and their center play is awful.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Moving up for Upshaw was a great move by Green Bay.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not saying any of this to offend anyone...Just giving my opinion on players. Titans picking a C in the draft makes sense but Konz at 20 doesn't in my opinion. His health concerns and limited strength for an interior OL is a real concern. He is a border line 1st round prospect and shouldn't go off the board any earlier than #29 to the Ravens on my board. Zeitler is a better G so I'm not taking him to play G either. To put it in some perspective, if Pouncey was not on this team and Konz was there at #24...I would pass. He isn't graded 6 picks lower than Pouncey...not even close.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm not saying any of this to offend anyone...Just giving my opinion on players. Titans picking a C in the draft makes sense but Konz at 20 doesn't in my opinion. His health concerns and limited strength for an interior OL is a real concern. He is a border line 1st round prospect and shouldn't go off the board any earlier than #29 to the Ravens on my board. Zeitler is a better G so I'm not taking him to play G either. To put it in some perspective, if Pouncey was not on this team and Konz was there at #24...I would pass. He isn't graded 6 picks lower than Pouncey...not even close.

They paid the premium in order to get the best out of a weak crop of centers in the draft. There is a huge dropoff from Konz to the next center, so if the Titans want a starting center, it's Konz or bust...they need to (slightly) overdraft the best center in the draft. Guys like Ben Jones, Philip Blake, Michael Brewster, and David Molk are all mid-round prospects. They could have tried to trade down, but considering how fast OL has come off the board in this draft, that could have been risky.

The same could be said for Fleener (the best TE goes earlier than one might expect because it is a weak TE draft overall). Probably also safety as well...Barron went in the middle of round 1, and I expect the #2 safety Harrison Smith to come off the board earlier than he probably should simply because there is a big drop to the next guy after him).

Steelersrock151
04-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Cincinati is willing to trade the #28 pick for the right offer. PM me. Will be back tomorrow around 8:30 am EDT.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
They paid the premium in order to get the best out of a weak crop of centers in the draft. There is a huge dropoff from Konz to the next center, so if the Titans want a starting center, it's Konz or bust...they need to (slightly) overdraft the best center in the draft. Guys like Ben Jones, Philip Blake, Michael Brewster, and David Molk are all mid-round prospects. They could have tried to trade down, but considering how fast OL has come off the board in this draft, that could have been risky.

The same could be said for Fleener (the best TE goes earlier than one might expect because it is a weak TE draft overall). Probably also safety as well...Barron went in the middle of round 1, and I expect the #2 safety Harrison Smith to come off the board earlier than he probably should simply because there is a big drop to the next guy after him).

I agree...He is clearly the best in his class. Obviously if that was their target they would like to trade back and still get him. Teams will overdraft a player on need. Thankfully...The Steelers have tried to avoid that. Kills us Internet GM's but it has done the Steelers well. To me, he is an early 2nd round C and a team like Baltimore sitting at #29 with a 61 year old C could give him a year to hit the weight room and learn the calls before Birk retires.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree...He is clearly the best in his class. Obviously if that was their target they would like to trade back and still get him. Teams will overdraft a player on need. Thankfully...The Steelers have tried to avoid that. Kills us Internet GM's but it has done the Steelers well. To me, he is an early 2nd round C and a team like Baltimore sitting at #29 with a 61 year old C could give him a year to hit the weight room and learn the calls before Birk retires.
Baltimore could start him at left guard in 2012 and then shift him over to center once Birk retires if they draft him.

Pouncey53Fan
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Somewhat happy (not extremely happy only because it's the Chargers and not the Steelers I'm drafting for lol) to have moved down six spots, get an extra pick and still get the player I was targeting at 18 for San Diego anyway.

Discipline of Steel
04-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Ill be in the same boat with the G=Men tonight

pfelix73
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, that was a huge reach..... Certainly glad you aren't running the FO- just my feelings and ready for next week to be over.....:(

It's amazing to me how this website everyone is down on the OL, but yet you visit sites and the talk is all defense and getting it younger... Just remember that you gotta be able to STOP your opponent, or your O will never see the field....

NottinghamForest_UK
04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Ruthless, you may want to change you're latest pick. Adams was caught taking Pot at the combine, so you may have got him in Round Two instead, just a thought :p

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Ruthless, you may want to change you're latest pick. Adams was caught taking Pot at the combine, so you may have got him in Round Two instead, just a thought :p

Just announced earlier today, eh? Hadn't seen that. Oh well...the pick is made...the unprepared Niners GM is going to have to live with it now.

At least this means that Adams should be taken off the Steelers real-life draft board now. That's a relief...although I want us to draft a top OL early, he is one guy I wanted us to stay away from...hopefully this helps in that regard.

Steelersrock151
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Think SF is a great place for Adams. Medical Marijauna and all that kind of stuff. Wonder if the NFL will accept a Dr's prescription when he fails during the season.

D Rock
04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I find it rather funny that DeCastro is universally loved as a player, both here and in the national media, but people would not pick him because it is too high of a draft slot based solely on the position he plays.

When you can get a safe pick and a potential hall of fame level player, it doesn't matter if you take him 1st overall, 10th, or 32nd. If he is that good and your team needs a player at that position, you draft him.

D Rock
04-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Jacksonville is open to a trade down to a later position in the second round. PM if you want their spot coming up in 3 picks.

Pouncey53Fan
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Lavonte David is one of the best picks of this draft. Nice job by the Rams.
Too bad he's pretty much a 4-3 OLB only (that hurts his stock at least slightly), but he's perfect for St. Louis.

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Lavonte David is one of the best picks of this draft. Nice job by the Rams.
Too bad he's pretty much a 4-3 OLB only (that hurts his stock at least slightly), but he's perfect for St. Louis.

Justin Blackmon, Michael Brockers, Lavonte David, plus an extra 1st round pick next year as well as the year after that...the Rams are KILLIN' IT!!!
:Beer

squidkid
04-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Stephon Gilmore, Whitney Mercilus and Devon Still thru 1 1/2 rounds is a crazy great draft. All players selected were projected to go higher in almost every draft publication I saw. As much as I hate to admith it, the PATS gotta be superbowl favorites next year with the studs added to their defense.

Pouncey53Fan
04-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Pretending to be a Chargers fan running the team with an assistant at my side
Since the Chargers have until Monday morning to make their pick, we are making the 48th overall pick very available to anyone who wants it.
The pick carries a value of 420 points, so for late 2nd round guys (which also makes you late 3rd round guys), we think your 2nd/3rd round picks would be fair value. For Miami, we believe both of your 3rd rounders would be fair value in return. For Cincinnati, we can be a little more flexible here. We would take your late 2nd and either one of your 3rd round picks (your own or the one you acquired from the Packers) or both your 3rd rounders and a 4th in return. Both would be considered fair value by the Chargers.

We will also throw Norv Turner and A.J. Smith your way if it's needed to close the deal :p

Pouncey53Fan
04-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Stephon Gilmore, Whitney Mercilus and Devon Still thru 1 1/2 rounds is a crazy great draft. All players selected were projected to go higher in almost every draft publication I saw. As much as I hate to admith it, the PATS gotta be superbowl favorites next year with the studs added to their defense.
That makes me want to puke. I may be in the minority with Steeler Nation, but I hate the Cheatriots A LOT more than I hate the Ravens.

Steelersrock151
04-21-2012, 06:38 AM
That makes me want to puke. I may be in the minority with Steeler Nation, but I hate the Cheatriots A LOT more than I hate the Ravens.

You're not a minority. The Ravens I can at least respect for playing real football, not NBA football. The Cheatriots, not a chance.

D Rock
04-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Pretending to be a Chargers fan running the team with an assistant at my side
Since the Chargers have until Monday morning to make their pick, we are making the 48th overall pick very available to anyone who wants it.
The pick carries a value of 420 points, so for late 2nd round guys (which also makes you late 3rd round guys), we think your 2nd/3rd round picks would be fair value. For Miami, we believe both of your 3rd rounders would be fair value in return. For Cincinnati, we can be a little more flexible here. We would take your late 2nd and either one of your 3rd round picks (your own or the one you acquired from the Packers) or both your 3rd rounders and a 4th in return. Both would be considered fair value by the Chargers.

We will also throw Norv Turner and A.J. Smith your way if it's needed to close the deal :p

Miami will offer their two 3rds, #72 and #73 along with their 5th, #145 ----- 488.5 pts

in return we want the Chargers 2nd, #49, and 4th, #110 ------ 484 pts

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2012, 01:40 PM
That would certainly be a fair deal (the trade value chart numbers have to line up reasonably close for a trade to be approved in this mock, and in this case, it definitely would).

After adding an o-lineman and QB already, what is Miami aiming to trade up into the mid-second round for now? A receiver to replace the departed Brandon Marshall? A legit pass rusher opposite of Cameron Wake?

If San Diego accepts this deal, pulling off two consecutive trade-down scenarios, they would have Shea McClellin and FOUR 3rd round picks (Miami's back-to-back 3rd rounders, which is pretty sweet, plus their own original 3rd rounder, and Pittsburgh's 3rd rounder as well). Interesting...

As an aside, regarding Miami using a 2nd round pick on a QB...do you realize that the Dolphins used 2nd round picks on quarterbacks in FIVE STRAIGHT DRAFTS not too long ago? Seriously...their 2005 2nd round pick was traded to the Eagles for QB A.J. Feeley, their 2006 2nd round pick was traded to the Vikings for QB Daunte Culpepper, their 2007 2nd round pick was used to draft QB John Beck, their 2008 2nd round pick was used to draft QB Chad Henne, and their 2009 2nd round pick was used to draft QB Pat White. Wow...welcome to Miami, 2nd round QB Kirk Cousins.

Pouncey53Fan
04-22-2012, 12:09 AM
You're not a minority. The Ravens I can at least respect for playing real football, not NBA football. The Cheatriots, not a chance.
I'm liking this place more and more by the day :D
All I'll say about Baltimore is at least they don't cheat to win. They've legitimately been a contender for the last decade plus, I respect that. New England on the other hand... not so much.

Pouncey53Fan
04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Miami will offer their two 3rds, #72 and #73 along with their 5th, #145 ----- 488.5 pts

in return we want the Chargers 2nd, #49, and 4th, #110 ------ 484 pts
This deal is accepted by the Chargers. Miami is on the clock Monday morning.

Pouncey53Fan
04-22-2012, 12:13 AM
That would certainly be a fair deal (the trade value chart numbers have to line up reasonably close for a trade to be approved in this mock, and in this case, it definitely would).

After adding an o-lineman and QB already, what is Miami aiming to trade up into the mid-second round for now? A receiver to replace the departed Brandon Marshall? A legit pass rusher opposite of Cameron Wake?

If San Diego accepts this deal, pulling off two consecutive trade-down scenarios, they would have Shea McClellin and FOUR 3rd round picks (Miami's back-to-back 3rd rounders, which is pretty sweet, plus their own original 3rd rounder, and Pittsburgh's 3rd rounder as well). Interesting...

A few targets and then Devon Still were taken, so the Chargers felt dealing back for Miami's two 3rd rounders was ideal.

Steelersrock151
04-23-2012, 09:51 PM
you keep making these picks 12 hours in advance, Ruthless, and we may be able to work in a 4th round.

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2012, 09:54 PM
you keep making these picks 12 hours in advance, Ruthless, and we may be able to work in a 4th round.

:lol: When I'm up first thing in the morning, I'd rather get the picks out of the way from home the night before instead of logging in early at work.

Pouncey53Fan
04-24-2012, 02:33 PM
My own analysis for how I've done with the Chargers thus far:
1st Round (24th overall): Extremely well. I imagine I would have taken Shea McClellin for the Chargers had I stayed at 18 (Whitney Mercilus would have gotten consideration though), so I felt good about moving down, picking up an extra 3rd and still being able to pick him up. This guy seems like a safer bet than Mercilus to not bust and he is also a perfect fit for the Chargers as a 3-4 rush OLB. A
3rd Round (72nd overall): Very well. Mitchell Schwartz is a guy I maybe rank higher than quite a few experts do. I have him as the fifth best offensive tackle prospect in the draft (only behind Kalil, Reiff, Martin and Massie). He may not look as much the part such as a guy like Mike Adams (who I have sixth), but he's a very safe bet in my eyes to be a solid starter at either right guard or right tackle in the pros. I'd have been comfortable using a late 2nd/early 3rd on Schwartz, so I thought I not only filled a need (right side of the O-Line is a huge problem in San Diego), but got some pretty decent value as well. A-
3rd Round (73rd overall): LaMichael James isn't a prospect I like as much as others do, but he's very similar to players like Darren Sproles and Jahvid Best, which makes him an outstanding fit for the Chargers. San Diego missed having that Darren Sproles type of player in 2011 for Philip Rivers to check the ball down to and potentially take it the distance (this to me was part of the reason for his decline in numbers). Now they have that type of player back. Like Sproles, LaMichael James is best suited for 5-7 carries a game while being primarily a 3rd-down back and getting some burn on special teams as well. Value on James seems fine... B/B-

NottinghamForest_UK
04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
PounceyFan, I Like the James pick, better than B/B- .....be happy to see him in our uniform.

Just wanted to say thanks to Ruthless for running this .... the pictures you've supplied are highly amusing, good job!:D

Pouncey53Fan
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
PounceyFan, I Like the James pick, better than B/B- .....be happy to see him in our uniform.

Just wanted to say thanks to Ruthless for running this .... the pictures you've supplied are highly amusing, good job!:D
I'm not as big on LaMichael James as some, but I could up the grade some for the Chargers (B+). He's a perfect fit there for a team that very much missed Darren Sproles a year ago. Give him the 'Sproles Role' instead of what the Lions originally had planned for Jahvid Best (James/Best are VERY similar players in both skill-set and injury-proneness) and I think he could shine.
And yes, he is doing an awesome job here. I wish I could get pictures to be that big on my posts.

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
I ended up choosing for 14 teams. Here's how each did:

IND: QB Andrew Luck, CB Janoris Jenkins, DT Brandon Thompson

WAS: QB Robert Griffin, OT Jeff Allen

MIN: OT Matt Kalil, SS Harrison Smith, WR Brian Quick

STL: WR Justin Blackmon, DT Michael Brockers, OLB Lavonte David, OT Zebrie Sanders

BUF: OT Riley Reiff, WR Rueben Randle, CB Brandon Boykin

SEA: QB Ryan Tannehill, DE Nick Perry, RB Chris Polk

ARZ: ILB Luke Kuechly, OLB Ronnell Lewis

PIT: OT Jonathan Martin, OG Brandon Brooks

TEN: C Peter Konz, DE Chandler Jones, CB Trumaine Johnson

GB: OLB Courtney Upshaw, RB Lamar Miller

DET: CB Dre Kirkpatrick, DE Vinny Curry, C Philip Blake

SF: OT Mike Adams, DE Jared Crick, WR A.J. Jenkins

ATL: TE Dwayne Allen, C Ben Jones

NO: CB Dwight Bentley

Chadman
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Sorry guys for missing the 3rd Round- had a few unexpected things come up. Many thanks to Ruthless for taking care of the pick- pretty much along the lines Chadman was aiming as well.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey, Raiders!!! Since you have nothing to do tonight when all of the other NFL teams are picking actual players in the real NFL draft (okay...maybe the Saints and Falcons either won't have anything to do tonight either...but still), perhaps you could close out our Board Mock Draft by making your one and only selection with the comp pick that you got at the end of round 3 for losing Nnamdi Asomugha. Thanks.