PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Noll - how many Planet members will get this right (gotta answer in 1 second)?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-15-2012, 11:03 AM
No using anything but instinct to answer this one, no fair thinking hard about it or doing anything but answering right away!

1) How many Superbowls did Chuck Noll coach in?

One-one thousand ...

Now! :-)

Crash
04-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Five, four with us and one with the Colts.

Keyplay1
04-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Sorry Crash, but you have just been DQ'd. That took 2.7 seconds. Yet another unfair official ruling handed down by the beginning to look like a very anti Steeler biased league office. You do have the right to appeal ==etc.
v
The explanation for the DQ was 1. Although the initial response Five was within the alloted time frame, the extension of the answer exceeded the limit. 2. The continuity of action rule [same one ruling out Polamalu's Int in the Colts game] was dusted off and reinstalled.

btw: Are you sure about that. Colts? How so? Never mind. I got off my lazy stool and looked it up. How on earth did you ever know that?

What is funny about this is, up until just a couple months ago I always thought Noll coached the Steelers in the 2-12 68 season and then of course in the 1-13 69 year. Someone on this board said he started coaching the Steelers in 69, and I was going to challenge that but decided to check it first and saw that he did get hired in 69. I had no idea where he was in 68. Until----

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Funny thing is, that means that as a little tyke in NY in '69 caught up in Jets-mania, I was rooting ... OMG, it cannot be true ... I was rooting against The Emperor. :? :| :oops:

May The Chief forgive me ... I beg mercy and indulgence :Bow. Can I plead, based on the fact that, umm, well since The Emperor wasn't actually in the B&G at the time, he was more of a pre-proto-Emperor. Or something. In waiting. Kind of. And so banishment to live in Cleveland or something might not be mandatory, just this one time??

And come to think of it, wasn't rooting against the Baltimore Colts in 1969 just an example of before-the-fact rooting against the Ratbirds?? Maybe that counts for something? The first one to ever say ...

:ratsuck:ratsuck :ratsuck

:p