PDA

View Full Version : Ramblin Jim's Mock Draft

ramblinjim
04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I did this for fun. And because I sometimes get excited about fifth round talent in the third round, take this with a grain of salt. This isn't necessarily what I want, but how I could see thing going down. Either way, it's always exciting to watch.

Draft:
Round 1: Peter Konz (G, C) He’s the top rated center in the draft and he will play OG for the Steelers and he‘ll start immediately. He has position flexibility to jump inside to Center if Pouncey goes down again and it allows Legursky to go back to being a very good backup swing G, C.

Round 2: Alameda Ta’amu (NT): Snack can’t play forever and McClendon is a good quality backup and that’s it. Ta’amu is a big SOB at 348 pounds, strong and will hopefully anchor our d-line for years to come. He can play behind Casey for a year and take over next year.

Round 3: Brian Quick (WR): Giving Big Ben and Haley a new toy to play with. Quick is 6’5” tall with long arms and speed. Assuming we get Wallace for one more year Quick will be ready to be our #2 in 2013 behind Brown. I’ve seen a mock draft with us taking him in the second round, I’m gambling.

Round 4: Audie Cole (ILB): I think we miss out on Keuchly and Hightower and we go with an ACC guy, with excellent stats, tackles, etc. He’s going to hang out behind Foot for a year and then let he and Sylvester battle it out for 2013.

Round 5: Lucas Nix (OG): Our guard play the last few years has just been awful. Nix is a full effort guy that may not beat our Foster immediately but will eventually. He makes the team as he second string G year one and with some good coaching will be a starter in year 2 or 3.

Round 6: Janzen Jackson (FS): Feast of famine pick here in Jackson. Has the talent to be a top 100 pick, has he head for undrafted free agent. Al Davis isn’t running the Raiders draft anymore so he won’t see the size, speed and ball skills to draft this kid in the 3rd round but someone could well give him a chance earlier than here.

Round 7: Patrick Witt (QB): Why not bring in a 7th round Ivy Leaguer with a pretty good arm and almost the same size of Big Ben. We need a young guy to start grooming for a backup.

Round 7: Darius Fleming (OLB): Could indeed be camp fodder as the competition at Steelers is hot. But this kid seemed to get a little better each year at Notre Dame and had a pretty decent Senior season.

Round 7: Chad Diel (FB): A fella can dream can’t he?

MeetJoeGreene
04-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Dude! Epic Mock draft.. that is BEAST!!

Shoe
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd be OK with Konz. We need tough, intelligent stalwart types in there, and he certainly fits the bill. I think Quick and Ta'amu would more likely switch rounds (I think Ta'amu is overrated, and this guy Quick seems talented.) Lucas Nix is another that I hope we pick up, again for similar reasons to Konz.

Oviedo
04-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I like that draft. I understand Konz's position flexibility but I think his teammate Zeitler ewould be the surer pick at #24. I like the rest of your draft. Well thought out and gets players where we need them.

Especially like the Nix pick as a player to help push Foster and Legursky to the bench where they belong. I also like the Audie Cole pick. IMO could develop into a solid player after cutting his teeth on special teams.

grotonsteel
04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't like 1st and 2nd Rd pick. Rest of the draft picks are excellent.

I am not sure if Konz can play OG position. Also with Ubrik episode i doubt Steelers will draft a Wisconsin Olineman in Rd 1. I also think Chapman/Mike Martin might be a better pick over Taamu.