PDA

View Full Version : Casserly's latest mock

winwithd
04-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Over at NFL.com Charlie Casserly just put out a two round mock draft. He has DeCastro going to Cincy at 21. We take Jonathan Martin at 24 and Amini Silatolu at 56. Cordy Glenn goes at 35 and Hightower to the Giants at 32. Personally I think I'd go Glenn and Silatolu and then maybe Josh Chapman if I can in the third round.

I'm not sure what it would take to move up from 24 to 20, maybe a third or fourth(??). Would it be worth it to move up to get DeCastro if you could have Glenn or Martin instead? I think Tennessee would likely trade with us if they are looking at a CB. If Detroit takes their guy (according to Casserly), Gilmore, they could still get Kirkpatrick plus an extra pick.

I'd be happy with Glenn and Silatolu if it fell that way. I am not so sure about Martin. I think I read somewhere he doesn't have as much potential as Glenn. But I seem to see him usually go higher then Glenn.

What do you guys think if it should fall out like Casserly says?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-14-2012, 12:46 AM
I have a feeling that some unexpected things will be going on this draft. It seemed a few weeks ago that there were two first round QBs and that Tannehill was a second rounder along with a bunch of other guys. Suddenly, over the past few weeks, Tannehill is now a top ten pick, and Weeden, Osweiler, and Cousins are still second rounders. But, just like last year, there are a bunch of high picking teams who are wondering if their favorite will still be there when they pick in the second and third.....maybe a team like Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami, Kansas City. Someone will get antsy once they see Tannehill go.

I predict that one or maybe two more QBs go before the Steelers pick at 24. That will cause a ripple effect throughout. Another skill player will drop and suddenly picking a guard will not sound so sexy to them anymore. Wait and see.....

Shoe
04-14-2012, 02:29 AM
I didn't watch this thing, but I did hear Casserly talking about the Steelers earlier this week. As he talked, I do remember thinking this guy doesn't really do his HW on individual teams like he should. I can't remember specifics of what he said, but I just remember thinking he was just saying what was general consensus (i.e. brings nothing to the table we don't already know).

And BTW: If DeCastro slips into the 20's, I WILL CALL the Steelers myself. That helmet phone on the desk of our draft rep there will ring, and I will tell them to TRADE UP IMMEDIATELY.

NJ-STEELER
04-14-2012, 03:57 PM
And BTW: If DeCastro slips into the 20's, I WILL CALL the Steelers myself. That helmet phone on the desk of our draft rep there will ring, and I will tell them to TRADE UP IMMEDIATELY.......................

$$