PDA

View Full Version : Shawn's Final Mock

Shawn
04-10-2012, 09:50 AM
2012 NFL Draft
Yes, I’m a Big Ten fan. J
Round 1
Mike Adams-OT-OSU, I know…I know…but the more I look at the draft board the more I believe this is going to happen. IMO Hightower has topped out, and the Steelers know it. Glenn won’t make it past the Bengals. Adams has maturity, and possibly drug issues. He certainly has motivation issues. With that said, there may not be a tackle in this draft with as much natural talent. If Adams comforted the Steelers in the interview process, this is the pick. If Glenn doesn’t fall, and the Steelers don’t trade up or down, I believe Adams is a strong candidate. I won’t agree with it, I will whine about it, but in the end I will accept it and pull for him.
Round 2
Kevin Zeitler-OG-Wisconsin-Sound Technique, strong, with good footwork. He is not superbly athletic and will fall to the second round because of this fact. But, this guy is a blue collar work horse of an inside linebacker who should produce years of solid if silent play at his position.
Round 3
Josh Chapman-NT, Alabama-Will prove to be a steal in the third. Injury concerns will push this talented NT down the draft board, and the Steelers will be thrilled to get him in the third.
Round 4
Trent Robinson-S-Michigan State, Honestly I’m not sure Robinson even makes it out of the late second round. Something tells me a team will get all excited by Robinsons size/speed, hard hitting combo. But, as of now most of what I am reading is calling Robinson a mid rounder. If that is the case, the guy is a steal in the 4th. Quick, fast, and athletic…could be a terrific starter in this league.
Round 5
Dan Herron-RB-OSU, I have had the pleasure of watching “Boom” Herron for his entire college career. While he lacks elite speed, he is quick. He makes a decision and will burst through a hole then lay down a shoulder. For a smaller back he runs with authority. He runs with heart. When the line is playing well, he can break tackles on the second level and break off some big ones. I have seen him take over games. While he really needs to work on blocking, and his pass catching can improve…he has the ability to be a solid back in the NFL. He is certainly worth a 5th round pick.
Round 6
Dale Moss-WR-South Dakota State, Write this name down because this is the next small school WR to make is big in the NFL. 6 foot 3, 215 pounds and has been clocked in the sub 4.4 range. He is long limbed and rangy, able to use size and speed appropriately. At his pro day, his vertical would have been the best at the combine, his 3 cone the second best. At 6 foot 3 having the second best cone is just freakish. He was a basketball player, and only has played one year of football. Inexperienced, raw, but this kind of athleticism doesn’t come around every day.
I won’t be doing a 7th round mainly due to being lazy and not all that interested in the late picks.

Chadman
04-10-2012, 10:25 AM
A little concerned you have Zeitler penciled in as your inside linebacker...

SteelBucks
04-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the Dark Side Shawn with the Adams pick! Chapman in the 3rd would be the steal of the draft.

Shawn
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
A little concerned you have Zeitler penciled in as your inside linebacker...

Yes, that would be concerning. The edit function seems to be broken. It won't let me change it.

steelblood
04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
So this is your "What I expect to happen not what I want" draft?

I don't see Zeitler lasting until our pick at 56. But, it is possible.

I am not a Trent Robinson fan. I've seen him whiff in the hole and in open space too often. I also believe he is undersized. He is not even 5'10 and under 200 lbs. I know Troy is 5'10. But, he ain't troy and there are many big WRs and TEs he will need to contend with in coverage.

The draft does look like a Steeler draft with their types of players. Very good job (from that perspective)!

Watched Dale Moss at the Shrine game. He had decent hands and speed. His route running was poor, but he has potential. Nice call.

MeetJoeGreene
04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Dude! Epic Mock Draft! That is BEAST!

Mister Pittsburgh
04-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I will be very annoyed if they take Mike Adams. I would prefer to trade up and get a stud then stay at 24, take a much lesser player, so we can hold onto picks that rarely contribute before year 3 of their deals. Sure we may trade our 2nd to move up, but I would do it if it lands us a real difference maker then a mediocre player.

Oviedo
04-10-2012, 12:43 PM
2012 NFL Draft
Yes, I’m a Big Ten fan. J
Round 1
Mike Adams-OT-OSU, I know…I know…but the more I look at the draft board the more I believe this is going to happen. IMO Hightower has topped out, and the Steelers know it. Glenn won’t make it past the Bengals. Adams has maturity, and possibly drug issues. He certainly has motivation issues. With that said, there may not be a tackle in this draft with as much natural talent. If Adams comforted the Steelers in the interview process, this is the pick. If Glenn doesn’t fall, and the Steelers don’t trade up or down, I believe Adams is a strong candidate. I won’t agree with it, I will whine about it, but in the end I will accept it and pull for him.
Round 2
Kevin Zeitler-OG-Wisconsin-Sound Technique, strong, with good footwork. He is not superbly athletic and will fall to the second round because of this fact. But, this guy is a blue collar work horse of an inside linebacker who should produce years of solid if silent play at his position.
Round 3
Josh Chapman-NT, Alabama-Will prove to be a steal in the third. Injury concerns will push this talented NT down the draft board, and the Steelers will be thrilled to get him in the third.
Round 4
Trent Robinson-S-Michigan State, Honestly I’m not sure Robinson even makes it out of the late second round. Something tells me a team will get all excited by Robinsons size/speed, hard hitting combo. But, as of now most of what I am reading is calling Robinson a mid rounder. If that is the case, the guy is a steal in the 4th. Quick, fast, and athletic…could be a terrific starter in this league.
Round 5
Dan Herron-RB-OSU, I have had the pleasure of watching “Boom” Herron for his entire college career. While he lacks elite speed, he is quick. He makes a decision and will burst through a hole then lay down a shoulder. For a smaller back he runs with authority. He runs with heart. When the line is playing well, he can break tackles on the second level and break off some big ones. I have seen him take over games. While he really needs to work on blocking, and his pass catching can improve…he has the ability to be a solid back in the NFL. He is certainly worth a 5th round pick.
Round 6
Dale Moss-WR-South Dakota State, Write this name down because this is the next small school WR to make is big in the NFL. 6 foot 3, 215 pounds and has been clocked in the sub 4.4 range. He is long limbed and rangy, able to use size and speed appropriately. At his pro day, his vertical would have been the best at the combine, his 3 cone the second best. At 6 foot 3 having the second best cone is just freakish. He was a basketball player, and only has played one year of football. Inexperienced, raw, but this kind of athleticism doesn’t come around every day.
I won’t be doing a 7th round mainly due to being lazy and not all that interested in the late picks.

I have every concern in the world about Adams. I just think Jamain Stephens over and over. I really like Zeitler but no way he lasts until our pick in Round 2. I would not be surprised if he goes late Round 1 or very early Round 2.

Chapman is a great pick if we could get in Round 3.

Shawn
04-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Well I agree MP. I certainly don't want Adams. But, if we stay still and are looking at Hightower and Adams...I think they will go with Adams.

Shawn
04-10-2012, 12:59 PM
O...Walters has Zeitler lasting until the pick before ours in the second. It's not a unreasonable thought to have him there in round 2.

RuthlessBurgher
04-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Is OSU's RB "Boom" Herron related to RB Noah Herron (from Northwestern, I think?) that we took with a late round pick a decade or so ago?

Shawn
04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Not that I know of Ruthless.

Dee Dub
04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Shawn, I like picks 2-5 but no way do I want Mike Adams. Also why did you give up on our boy.....Marvin McNutt?

Mister Pittsburgh
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I would draft Konz with 24 before I would take Adams. And I would still take Zeitler in 2 if he was still there. We could have 3 maulers on the inside & insurance if Pouncey's ankles continue to be problematic.

Oviedo
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I would draft Konz with 24 before I would take Adams. And I would still take Zeitler in 2 if he was still there. We could have 3 maulers on the inside & insurance if Pouncey's ankles continue to be problematic.

I agree. Adams may be the player I want least in Round 1.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
I agree. Adams may be the player I want least in Round 1.

I would draft Kendall Wright before Adams.

Shoe
04-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I have every concern in the world about Adams. I just think Jamain Stephens over and over.

He's not Jamain Stephens, because Jamain Stephens came from Nowhere A&M.

Mike Adams is Trezelle Jenkins from Michigan, or Winston Justice from SC. Both were "supremely talented" guys from big programs who, given their "talent" and the quality of their coaching (i.e. from major colleges), would have no business being in the late first round if they were all that people think they can be.

Adams is/will be a bust.

SteelBucks
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Is OSU's RB "Boom" Herron related to RB Noah Herron (from Northwestern, I think?) that we took with a late round pick a decade or so ago?

No........

calmkiller
04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
I dislike the Adams pick more than I can explain. Seems alright other than that. Do you not believe in 7th round picks? We have 4 of them this year....

Shawn
04-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Calm you are generally a better reader than that. Everyone knows how mucho dislike Adams. This is what I believe will happen...not want. And as I said at the end I was too lazy to research 4 no names in the 7th.

steelnavy
04-14-2012, 03:46 AM
O...Walters has Zeitler lasting until the pick before ours in the second. It's not a unreasonable thought to have him there in round 2.

Here is what makes it unreasonable: Every team knows that the Steelers need O-line very badly. If anybody covets this guy, they just trade one pick ahead of the Steelers...

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Here is what makes it unreasonable: Every team knows that the Steelers need O-line very badly. If anybody covets this guy, they just trade one pick ahead of the Steelers...

Then we just take Amini Silatolu or Brandon Brooks instead.

Shawn
04-14-2012, 03:01 PM

That could be said for just about anyone. We know certain teams covet the same players we covet, why not just jump ahead of them? Because its not that easy. And it's not always worth the picks you have to give up.

Sugar
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
That could be said for just about anyone. We know certain teams covet the same players we covet, why not just jump ahead of them? Because its not that easy. And it's not always worth the picks you have to give up.

That, and you can't always find a willing partner. You can't make somebody take your picks and do a deal if they don't want to.