PDA

View Full Version : Flippy Mock 2.0

flippy
04-02-2012, 10:08 AM
1. Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford - This kid is built to be Heath Miller #2. And I'm not sure there's another player in the draft that could make the kind of immediate impact on this team that Fleener could. We have 2 deficiencies on offense. RedZone scoring and consistency in the running game. Fleener would impact both. He'd be a great target in the RZ and his versatility would take a LB/S out of the box and give us more room to run.

2. Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama - The next Casey Hampton. This kid is built to clog the middle of our defense. And I think we could get really lucky if he's available in round 2 due to his knee injury. Something about this kid makes me think he's got Steeler written all over him. Has a guy ever played through an ACL tear like this? Tells me he has a special drive to be great. Also noticed that he sat out one game due to his injury last season and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. Makes me wonder if Josh made Alabama's defense and some of his teammates were a little overrated.

3. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - We need to improve our line. Brooks looks to have some potential to dominate. He's huge with decent athleticism. The Steelers have had him in for a visit and I have a suspicion this is the G they're targeting. He has some positional flexibility which the Steelers seem to like.

4. Tommy Streeter - WR - Miami - The big, athletic WR that Big Ben's been wanting since Plax left. This kid is a bit of a freak but raw. He's boom or bust talent that could be worth taking a flyer.

5. Chris Rainey -RB - Florida - He's little. He's quick. He's explosive. Might be a nice 3rd down change of pace kind of back. He might be a little small for the NFL. Then again he could be a versatile weapon that could find a situational role.

6. Chris Greenwood - CB - Albion - This is a roll the dice pick on a great D-III athlete that has the prototypical size/speed/athleticism to fit in the Steelers' D. I'd love to see what Carnell could do with this kid.

7. Neiko Thorpe - FS - Auburn - Good athlete with good size and production in the SEC. A guy I think Carnell could work with.

7. Donald Stephenson - OT/OG - Oklahoma - Big athletic kid with positional flexibility.

7. Patrick Witt - QB - Yale - The kid's as good a QB prospect as any of the QBs outside of the top QBs. He's smart, got good size, and a decent arm. Could be a good eventual backup for us.

7. Noah Keller - ILB - OH - Nice athlete with good production on the field. A little small. Will he hold up against top competition? Seems like a good risk for a 7th round pick.

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Dude! Epic Mock Draft! That is BEAST!

Only one more week until MJG is back to do these himself...:D

calmkiller
04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Only one more week until MJG is back to do these himself...:D

I still like the classic, That is an excellent mock draft.

Oviedo
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I think Fleenor is a real possibility. However I would only adjust this by taking OL in Rounds 2 and 3 and getting NT in Round 4.

I really like the Witt pick as a dvelopmental QB.

hawaiiansteel
04-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I like your draft flippy except for selecting a TE in Round 1, we have much bigger needs to fill first.

phillyesq
04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
I like your draft flippy except for selecting a TE in Round 1, we have much bigger needs to fill first.

I would be fine with a TE in the first, but I don't think that there is an impact guy at TE out there in the first this year. With the NFL being a copycat league, I expect that a lot of teams will reach for TEs this year, making it a good year to look elsewhere.

flippy
04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Given our deficiencies in the Red Zone, running game, and loss of Hines Ward, I think you could make a strong case the a versatile TE could add the most value to our offense and team.

Plus we keep Heath in to block so often.

We've got speed on the outside in Wallace and Brown. But we need someone to work the middle of the field consistently. And Ben would benefit big time from a big target in the RZ. Fleener's got the size and athleticism to be a very tough matchup. And I view him in the same mold as Heath. Not blazing fast, but athletic enough to be used as an HBack, an extra blocker next to one of our tackles, or lined up wide.

We brought in Haley to fix our Red Zone woes. He's gotta be thinking long and hard about how Fleener could be the guy to help fix this problem for us.