PDA

View Full Version : Steelers have DeMetrius Bell...

steelerkeylargo
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
at the South Side today!!

birtikidis
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
and?
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but...
(not trying to be rude, rather, just want your view of him)

birtikidis
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
btw, he's also heading to Philly for a visit...

steelerkeylargo
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Well my opinion would be that he would be as good or better than any option we currently have at OT.

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
As far as ex-Buffalo Bills tackles go, he greatly surpasses Jonathan Scott. Although, if he plans to head to Philly, they may be willing to give him more money than we would, in order to replace their own ex-Buffalo Bills tackle Jason Peters, who blew out his Achilles today.

SteelBucks
04-01-2012, 12:07 AM
As far as ex-Buffalo Bills tackles go, he greatly surpasses Jonathan Scott. Although, if he plans to head to Philly, they may be willing to give him more money than we would, in order to replace their own ex-Buffalo Bills tackle Jason Peters, who blew out his Achilles today.

He's here in Philly now. Sounds confident he'll be an Eagle.

Chadman
04-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Regardless of how this plays out- it's interesting that the Steelers are obviously in the market for an OT.

Maybe the Mike Adams thing isn't so unrealistic afterall.....

Oviedo
04-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Regardless of how this plays out- it's interesting that the Steelers are obviously in the market for an OT.

Maybe the Mike Adams thing isn't so unrealistic afterall.....

I had rather hoped they were looking for a GOOD OT. We have enough mediocre OL especially at OG.

calmkiller
04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
I had rather hoped they were looking for a GOOD OT. We have enough mediocre OL especially at OG.

This exactly!

birtikidis
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, if we had signed a Tackle in free agency that would have allowed us to focus on either Guard or Linebacker in the draft. NOW if Adams falls, and we don't sign someone, it might cause a little bit of a conundrum. We need a decent back up tackle for when Colon gets hurt. So signing one now would have allowed us to be more aggressive to possibly get Glenn.

hawaiiansteel
04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
He's here in Philly now. Sounds confident he'll be an Eagle.

Demetrius Bell and his agent are reportedly asking for too much money, it's doubtful he'll sign anywhere until he lowers his asking price.

no harm in bringing Bell in for a visit though and kicking the tires...

Oviedo
04-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Not a surprise but Bell signed with the Eagles for 5 years

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7774499/2012-nfl-free-agency-philadelphia-eagles-add-ot-demetress-bell-attempt-fill-jason-peters-void