PDA

View Full Version : New post on Baron Batch

fordfixer
03-26-2012, 09:40 PM
New post on Baron Batch

ACL Update Yo!
by baron

So if feels good to give you guys an update and not have to tag it with 'rehab update' being that I have been fully released and am no longer rehabbing. Its been roughly 7 months since I tore my ACL in training camp. The road to being fully cleared has had its bumps but it hasnt been the worst injury that I've had, and my previous injuries definitely prepared me on how to deal with this one from a rehab standpoint. I'm probably at about 90%. Straight ahead I feel faster than I ever have but I still have work to do on my cutting stuff being that I have only been back at it for about 2 months. Overall I'm feeling fantastic. Since getting back to Pittsburgh and training the last 4 weeks I have dropped 12 pounds and am back at my playing weight of about 215. Typically I stay anywhere between the 215-220 mark but am feeling great at where I am now. My trainers have been doing a great job working with me and I'm blessed to be able to work with people that are passionate about their work on a daily basis. The season is getting close and I'm getting more and more excited about the opportunity in front of me. Continue to pray for me because they are definitely felt! Here is a video of some of the drills that I have been doing to get back into shape and get my explosiveness back in my cuts, as well as do football specific drills pertaining to my position.

http://vimeo.com/39228823

Oviedo
03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Hope this kid has a successful Steelers career for a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time!!!!!!!!

DukieBoy
03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Rooting and praying for you, Baron.

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
This is where Batch is now, 7 months post-ACL surgery. This is where Mendenhall will be, when camp opens in Latrobe, 7 months post-ACL surgery.

SS Laser
03-27-2012, 01:46 AM
This is where Batch is now, 7 months post-ACL surgery. This is where Mendenhall will be, when camp opens in Latrobe, 7 months post-ACL surgery.

Wonder if Mendenhall will work as hard as this young man trying to make it? Also are there different grades of ACL injuries? I Hope to have both running well this season.
:Cheers

BradshawsHairdresser
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
If Mendy is at 90% by the time camp opens, we don't need to think about finding a running back in the draft or in free agency, IMO.

Snatch98
03-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Why do people assume Mendenhall doesn't work hard? He's never given me that impression. The kid makes one comment on twitter that gets everyone in hysterics and his character and work ethic are immediately drawn in to question. Now I'm not saying that is what you're implying laser but plenty of people have tried to argue similar. Mendenhall healthy has the tools to be an elite back in the NFL. I'm more confident in that assessment with Haley making the calls and not dippy Arians. If he's healthy I also expect him to get a new contract.

D Rock
03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Why do people assume Mendenhall doesn't work hard? He's never given me that impression. The kid makes one comment on twitter that gets everyone in hysterics and his character and work ethic are immediately drawn in to question. Now I'm not saying that is what you're implying laser but plenty of people have tried to argue similar. Mendenhall healthy has the tools to be an elite back in the NFL. I'm more confident in that assessment with Haley making the calls and not dippy Arians. If he's healthy I also expect him to get a new contract.

That's a great point that many, and certainly myself included, probably haven't considered. Everyone talks about the Ben-Haley relationship, but not much gets said about the RBs and Haley. He had some awesome rushing attacks there in KC.

Oviedo
03-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Wonder if Mendenhall will work as hard as this young man trying to make it? Also are there different grades of ACL injuries? I Hope to have both running well this season.
:Cheers

The league is considering modifying the IR rules which would allow a player to come back mideseason. If these new rules are approved I expect that is what they will do with Mendenhall regardless whether he is close at the start the of the season. Extra time just make it better for him and getting a RB of his caliber midseason would be a big plus.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-27-2012, 07:44 AM
I shot Barron an email at the address listed on his blog...just wishing him well and telling him I was happy he was a Steeler not only for the potential he has but also due to how he carries himself as a person. Dude got back to me thanking me for my kind words like a week or so later. I hope he gets a chance to shine.

Shawn
03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
7 months is very quick from a RB playing in the NFL standpoint. I would bet a good attitude and a mighty work ethic had something to do with that. Good for you Batch.

Djfan
03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Everything about Batch says "Exceptional." I hope he pulls it together and lights this league up.

Slapstick
03-27-2012, 08:46 AM
I would love for Batch and Redman to somehow become the one-two punch that would elevate the Steelers' offense to new levels...

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
The league is considering modifying the IR rules which would allow a player to come back mideseason. If these new rules are approved I expect that is what they will do with Mendenhall regardless whether he is close at the start the of the season. Extra time just make it better for him and getting a RB of his caliber midseason would be a big plus.

That's true, but that would be for players who get injured during the preseason or early portions of the regular season. Mendenhall will be eligible to be put on the PUP list even if this new IR rule doesn't pass (he'd sit out 6 weeks, then have 2 weeks of practice in order to decide if we should activate him by week 8...Ed Reed did this last year).

Shoe
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM

If you have seen people question is work ethic, I would agree with you. I personally haven't noticed it. I think people's impressions are based on his on-field performance, namely his decision-making and maybe toughness. I will say that both actually have a lot to prove (Batch for obvious reasons, and Mendenhall because to this point--he is not even a blip on the NFL history book, let alone Steeler history books).

Both will work their tails off to come back "stronger than ever".

birtikidis
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I shot Barron an email at the address listed on his blog...just wishing him well and telling him I was happy he was a Steeler not only for the potential he has but also due to how he carries himself as a person. Dude got back to me thanking me for my kind words like a week or so later. I hope he gets a chance to shine.
When i was doing my internship as a teacher, one of my projects for the kids was to read his blog. It wa cool to see how excited they got when he responded to their emails.

birtikidis
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I only question his work ethic compared to Batch's because it's a 1st round talent to a 7th rounder. who is more hungry?

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2012, 12:27 PM
I only question his work ethic compared to Batch's because it's a 1st round talent to a 7th rounder. who is more hungry?

Casey Hampton is more hungry. ;)

williar
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I sure do hope we get to see this kid in action next season. He has impressed me so far and hasn't even played a down. Stay healthy, BB....

focosteeler
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I dont remember the last time I was rooting this hard for a guy who hasnt seen the field yet. Im excited to see him this year! :tt1

DBR96A
03-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Is it just me, or does Baron Batch look a little bit bigger than he did last year?

I hope that his knee stays in one piece, and that he's not ultimately a fragile person. He impressed me in training camp, and I think he could make Rashard Mendenhall expendable.

I can't speak about Mendenhall's work ethic, mainly because I barely know anything about the guy, but he just seems to lack the toughness and intensity that I like in a RB.

D Rock
03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Is it just me, or does Baron Batch look a little bit bigger than he did last year?

I hope that his knee stays in one piece, and that he's not ultimately a fragile person. He impressed me in training camp, and I think he could make Rashard Mendenhall expendable.

I can't speak about Mendenhall's work ethic, mainly because I barely know anything about the guy, but he just seems to lack the toughness and intensity that I like in a RB.

I don't know if he seems bigger than last year or not, but I was certainly surprised to see his bulk just in general. I would have expected him to be closer to 200 than 220.

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2012, 10:31 AM

You should alter your sig pic:

http://mywnde.com/files/2010/06/pittsburgh-city-champions-sm1.jpg

:p