PDA

View Full Version : Non-Steelers Talk will be moved

steelz09
03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
All,

Apparently, my last sticky was being ignored ....

Today, I will be cleaning up Forum titles and their description so it's more clear where certain threads should reside.

After that is complete, any theads off topic will be moved appropriately (ex. Bengals, and Manning topics will not be allowed in the Steelers Talk area)

phillyesq
03-22-2012, 08:06 AM
I was an offender with one of the threads that I started. If something relates to a division rival (either signing or not signing somebody) should it be in the Steelers forum or elsewhere?

fordfixer
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
I would think in the "Around the NFL (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/34-Around-the-NFL)" topic . Maybe we could get a AFC North topic for the Ratbirds Brownies, and Bungals news

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
To me, AFC North news IS Steelers news. It's hard to separate how a major event occuring in Ratland or Bungholio doesn't affect the Steelers a lot. I'd be in favor of keeping news about them and Stains in the Steeler Talk forum.

D Rock
03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
why do we really need to separate it? I like the one stop shopping for NFL news, and there really isn't all that much being posted that you can't find what you want.

steelz09
03-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Anything w/ Steelers in the name/post is Steelers news... this includes mock drafts.

I want to make things as easy as possible. Some people don't like having all news mixed and some do. I personally like the seperation as long as the other forums are active. I don't want to make people have to jump back and forth to a dozen forums ..... that is why I'm going to go with the 2 NFL Forums: "Around the NFL" and "Steelers Talk". The current "NFL Draft" forum will be merged into the "Around the NFL" forum.

Divisional news is not going to be considered Steelers News unless the post/article specifically mentions the "Steelers".

For example, if you want to post a news article about the Ravens, it needs to be done in the "Around the NFL" forum. If you want to start a topic on how that Ravens news effects the Steelers then create a new post in the Steelers Talk forum.

steelblood
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I used to post all draft related stuff to the NFL draft area and even tried to talk it up in the Steelers Talk section. But, to no avail. Now, I put all Steelers related draft posts in the Steelers section. If you don't, only about 10 people will read them.

papillon
03-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't think we should move anything at this time of the year, since the board is slow and news is sparse. I know I won't go looking in 2 or 3 forums for news. If there's nothing new in the Steelers forum, I typically leave and go about doing other things. During the season when news and activity are high, I have no problem moving Bengal, Raven, etc news to some other forum, that's because there's enough Steeler news to fill the Steeler forum.

Just my opinion, either way, I'll play by the rules established.

Pappy

SteelBucks
04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
So I can't complain about the Pens? Blow a frickin 3 goal lead.

RuthlessBurgher
04-12-2012, 09:06 AM
So I can't complain about the Pens? Blow a frickin 3 goal lead.

There is a forum for that. I'm normally happy to talk Pens hockey. Just not today.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/40-NHL

pfelix73
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
How about having a Divisional News area? Then have an NFL news area for everything else. Heck, I never used any of the others anyway- just the Steelers one...

pfelix73
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
How many posts do you have ot have to become a Hall of Famer or a Legend? just curious..

RuthlessBurgher
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
How many posts do you have ot have to become a Hall of Famer or a Legend? just curious..

Looks like 2500 for Hall of Famer (costanza2k1 = Pro Bowler @ 2447; grotonsteel = Hall of Famer @ 2501) and 5000 for Legend (SanAntonioSteelerFan = Hall of Famer @ 4516; papillon = Legend @ 5196).

I guess that would make me 3 Legends, 1 Hall of Famer, 1 Starter, and 1 Backup all rolled into one magnificent package. Oof...that's a lot. :confused:

steelz09
07-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I did have other forums but they were too inactive so I consolidated all of the other ones.

Basically, there is 2 NFL forums. "Steelers Talk" and "Around the NFL".

Anything that has "Steelers" mentioned in the topic/title, belongs obviously in the "Steelers Talk" forum. Anything else NFL-related (even divisional talk), should be in "Around the NFL".

lloydroid
08-05-2012, 06:48 PM
To me, AFC North news IS Steelers news. It's hard to separate how a major event occuring in Ratland or Bungholio doesn't affect the Steelers a lot. I'd be in favor of keeping news about them and Stains in the Steeler Talk forum.

I think anything having to do with any contender is relative enough to be in the Steelers board. Why get all anal about it; isn't NFL news pretty much relative to the Steelers at the end of the day?

hawaiiansteel
08-05-2012, 07:07 PM
papillon = Legend @ 5196).

you become a Legend at 5000 posts but 5000 posts later when you hit 10,000 posts you still only remain a Legend?

I wanna be promoted to either a Rock Star, Super Hero or at least Urban Legend! :D