PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick: Brandon Marshall or Mike Wallace

steelz09
03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Take your pick...

Eliminate the age, off the field issues / psychology issues aside.... Just based this on the player on the field.

Which one would you rather have?

I'll go first.......

Brandon Marshall

pittpete
03-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Brandon Marshall

steelz09
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Brandon Marshall

Nice work :) At least I'm not the only one.

Snatch98
03-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Dammit I voted before reading the stipulations. I voted Wallace and honestly still may vote Wallace only because he may really be just scratching the surface and you can't coach that ridiculous speed. He's also not 6'5 but he's no midget. It's a tough one for sure. Although if picking between the two as they actually are it's Wallace without question BUT Marshall does have a legit personality disorder.

grotonsteel
03-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Brandon Marshall

D Rock
03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll take Wallace. Brandon Marshall puts up huge stats, but I've never really felt he takes over games.

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2012, 04:36 PM
eliminate the age, off the field issues / psychology issues and just base this on the player on the field - Brandon Marshall.

don't eliminate the age, off the field issues / psychology issues - Mike Wallace

steelz09
03-17-2012, 05:08 PM
eliminate the age, off the field issues / psychology issues and just base this on the player on the field - Brandon Marshall.

don't eliminate the age, off the field issues / psychology issues - Mike Wallace

Yea, I agree w/ that sentiment. The Steelers franchise would to. Age is obviously a big factor in all of this especially considering the Steelers are trying to get younger. Marshall may have a legitimate disorder... who knows.

All I know ..... speed, age definitely favors Wallace.

All-around WR, size, strength, hands, and especially physicality goes to Marshall. When Marshall goes into beast mode, he's an absolute terror to bring down, he's a huge powerful guy.... Wallace, not so much.... he'll just run right by you w/ his speed :)

fordfixer
03-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Al Capone was a great guy if you took away all of his legal issues. Just not sure I would want him working for me

RuthlessBurgher
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Al Capone was a great guy if you took away all of his legal issues. Just not sure I would want him working for me

:lol:

I was going to say something along the lines that if we were looking solely at someone's pure talent through a mythological filter that takes away all negative character traits, then Randy Moss would suddenly be better than Jerry Rice...except that he's not (hell, taking it a couple hundred steps further, one might even say that a rifle-armed Ryan Leaf could possibly be better than an under-sized Drew Brees in this fairy tale land)...but what you said was funnier.

steelz09
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
:lol:

I was going to say something along the lines that if we were looking solely at someone's pure talent through a mythological filter that takes away all negative character traits, then Randy Moss would suddenly be better than Jerry Rice...except that he's not (hell, taking it a couple hundred steps further, one might even say that a rifle-armed Ryan Leaf could possibly be better than an under-sized Drew Brees in this fairy tale land)...but what you said was funnier.

I wouldn't take Moss over Rice..... Leaf over Brees? What did Leaf do on the field?

I'm not considering age, off the field antics, ... I'm talking on the field productivity. I think your taking my player-to-player comparison a bit far.

Moss may have the "talent" but on the field, he doesn't always give 100%. This poll was meant to be a complete on-field-field poll on who you would rather have today (Marshall vs Wallace).

ikestops85
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM

:Agree

As much as I love Wallace I have to choose Marshall given the criteria. When Marshall wants to play he is as good as any receiver in the game except Fitz and Megatron. The problem is he doesn't always want to play.

That's why I like our young receivers ... they always come to play. :tt2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't know if it only happens when I watch him, but Marshall seems to be a guy who is always talked about but rarely makes the huge plays. Aside from the last half of 2011,Wallace has spent his career being the biggest threat/concern on the field.