PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Offical Message Board?

calmkiller
03-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I was talking to one of my employees today about message boards. He is a Redskins fan and a new employee so he was telling me about how excited he gets about football and the draft and so on. I told him about my message board here that I post on and told him the story about how I came about being here. When I was in college in 2002 I posted on the Official Message Board on Steelers.com. After we drafted Ben they posted a picture of him and his family. I made a comment over there about it and how I thought his sister was hot. Well that got me a perma ban over there for some reason. So I migrated my self over to the Trib board and I hung out there until they took the board down and Jansle put this wonderful board up. I have been here every since. Well while I was telling my employee this story I thought I would go over to the Steelers board again to see what it was like now. It wasn't much when I posted on it back in the day. It would appear that they have completely done away with it since they did the website remodel. It has been years since I even looked for it. Anyone know what happened? They just take it down with no warning like the Trib did?

Sugar
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
I could never get on that thing to begin with, but it did seem to just disappear overnight.

Steelgal
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, someone came here asking about it about a month ago. He/she said it was suddenly taken down without warning and wanted to know if any of us knew why. I hadn't posted on it in 3-4 years. The discussion there wasn't the best.

Steelersrock151
03-16-2012, 05:38 PM
It slowly rotted away. Besides the terrible interface, people just couldn't say anything negative about the team without being banned. Once someone started up an alternative site, almost all of the regulars moved over there. Guess the mods didn't even bother moderating by then, because the link to the site was posted in 3 or 4 different threads, and way back when posting a link was more than enough to get you banned.

Djfan
03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
I was on the trib board and decided to respond to a post. When I hit reply, it came back with a bunch of HTML nonsense. So I refreshed it and it came back with that "we took this down for lots of reasons" graphic they put up.

Twilight Zone stuff.

Wallace108
03-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Steelers.com was the first Steelers board I ever joined. I can honestly say it wasn't a very fun place. The best team in the NFL had quite arguably the worst board, and I'm not at all surprised that it no longer exists.

D Rock
03-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Steelers.com was the first Steelers board I ever joined. I can honestly say it wasn't a very fun place. The best team in the NFL had quite arguably the worst board, and I'm not at all surprised that it no longer exists.

you want the first round pick, right?

Wallace108
03-16-2012, 07:15 PM
you want the first round pick, right?

The first round pick??

calmkiller
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
The first round pick??

Hes referring to the first rounder the Steelers would receive from the team that signs Wallace. Some would rather have the pick than keep Wallace. My opinion is one in the hand is better than two in the bush...

Wallace108
03-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Hes referring to the first rounder the Steelers would receive from the team that signs Wallace. Some would rather have the pick than keep Wallace. My opinion is one in the hand is better than two in the bush...
Oh, OK. I'm a little slow tonight. I blame the beer. :wink:

Personally, I'm tired of analyzing the Wallace situation. If we keep him, great. If we lose him and get the first round pick, great (although it's more work for me because I'll have to make a new sig).

D Rock
03-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Oh, OK. I'm a little slow tonight. I blame the beer. :wink:

Personally, I'm tired of analyzing the Wallace situation. If we keep him, great. If we lose him and get the first round pick, great (although it's more work for me because I'll have to make a new sig).

yeah...just having some fun with ya because you're so Wallaced-out

Wallace108
03-17-2012, 10:54 AM
yeah...just having some fun with ya because you're so Wallaced-out
LOL ... truth be told, my username was inspired by the TV show Lost. Mike Wallace was a rookie at the time, and it all just came together.

Jooser
03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Great Sig pic Calmkiller!

Eddie Spaghetti
03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I think Steelers.com should just appoint Planet Steelers as it's official forum.

calmkiller
03-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Great Sig pic Calmkiller!

Thanks man. LETS GOOOO!