PDA

View Full Version : We're picking Kuechly with the 24th pick in the draft

BigRob
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm calling my shot. The Eagles in my mind were the team most likely to select Kuechly in the draft. However, they have signed Curtis Lofton to be their new starting MLB. To me it seems that Kuechly is going to be there for us and I much prefer him over Hightower.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/03/14/bucs-dt-gerald-mccoy-tweets-that-curtis-lofton-is-an-eagle-was-apparently-trying-to-recruit-him/

Dee Dub
03-14-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm calling my shot. The Eagles in my mind were the team most likely to select Kuechly in the draft. However, they have signed Curtis Lofton to be their new starting MLB. To me it seems that Kuechly is going to be there for us and I much prefer him over Hightower.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/03/14/bucs-dt-gerald-mccoy-tweets-that-curtis-lofton-is-an-eagle-was-apparently-trying-to-recruit-him/

I think everybody would prefer him over Hightower, however, no way Kuechly is there at 24. I dont think he makes it past 15.

BigRob
03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I know, I am kind of being tongue in cheek. I gotta feeling tho.

Mo_Steel
03-14-2012, 09:25 PM
i got the same feeling today. the only stall i see will be which mlb Detroit grabs or not.

ikestops85
03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
From your mind to the Commissioner's lips in April :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
i got the same feeling today. the only stall i see will be which mlb Detroit grabs or not.

If he falls into the 20's (I don't see it happening, but still, if it happens)...then leapfrog the Lions by giving Cleveland our 4th round pick to move from #24 to #22 (the Browns don't need him because they just re-signed D'Qwell Jackson). Perhaps Cleveland won't want to help us like this, but you never know.

BigRob
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Demeco Ryans has been traded to the Eagles. There goes another suitor for Kuechly. He's coming to the Steelers.

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Demeco Ryans has been traded to the Eagles. There goes another suitor for Kuechly. He's coming to the Steelers.

The Lions re-signed Stephen Tulloch today too.

BigRob
03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
The Lions re-signed Stephen Tulloch today too.

He will be available. We'll see if we actually take him.

squidkid
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
mark barron @24

Snatch98
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
He will be available. We'll see if we actually take him.

I think if he's there you have to draft him. I was bummed when we missed out on Patrick Willis and he's quickly become the best MLB or at least one of the best MLB's in the league. Kuechly is a white Patrick Willis. SIGN ME UP! Our LB's would be ridiculous and Foote can still contribute. He's also really cerebral so he'd likely pick up the defense in a hurry. We could then draft our guard in the second. Deep, DEEP guard class obviously.

Chadman
03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
With DeMeco Ryans trade to the Eagles done & dusted, this is looking like an early possibility for the Nostradameus Award for 2012!

Sign Chadman up for Kuechley- great player.

insanesteelersfan
03-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Kuechley could also be selected by Dallas. They worked him out and visited with him. So don't be surpried if Dallas takes him. But if not, don't be surprised if a team tries to trade into Philly's 15th spot to take him.

BigRob
03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Kuechley could also be selected by Dallas. They worked him out and visited with him. So don't be surpried if Dallas takes him. But if not, don't be surprised if a team tries to trade into Philly's 15th spot to take him.

Nobody is trading to the 15th pick for a MLB. Not even the best one in the draft. They have become more and more devalued in the last 5 years.

Secondly, Dallas has Sean Lee, Dan Connor, and Bruce Carter. They are not spending their pick on a MLB at 15. Not when Decastro, Glenn, or another player that is in a higher value position will be available.

steeler_george
03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
I have been saying to get him for some time now, and now it seems like a possibility.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/36999-Why-not-trade-up-for-Luke-Kuechly

My only worry is if he starts to drop, the Ravens or the Patriots leap frog us and select him.

steelblood
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
I think the Ravens would be happy to get Hightower and stand pat.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-21-2012, 09:11 AM
If Kuechly and Hightower are both sitting there at 24, Tomlin will jump in and make the call and take Hightower even though we have a higher grade on Kuechly.

pfelix73
03-21-2012, 09:43 AM
If Kuechly and Hightower are both sitting there at 24, Tomlin will jump in and make the call and take Hightower even though we have a higher grade on Kuechly.

How do you know what they have for grades? Just assuming this if its on all of the scouting websites? I remember years ago when the Steelers would have guys graded in the 1st round when websites had those same players going in the 2nd......

Just saying.... ;-)

Oviedo
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
We need Cordy Glenn or another good OL much more than Kuechly. We can get another ILB like Audie Cole in Round 2 or Round 3. Fixing the OL needs to be the priority.

grotonsteel
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
We need Cordy Glenn or another good OL much more than Kuechly. We can get another ILB like Audie Cole in Round 2 or Round 3. Fixing the OL needs to be the priority.

+1

We need O-line early in the draft.I don't see any must draft ILB like Patrick Willis in Rd 1. There is hardly any difference between Kuechly/Hightower/Cole/Bradham/Davis in this draft.

I would prefer drafting Cole/Bradham/Davis - Rd 2- Rd4 in the draft . Let them learn for a year or so behind Foote or sign David Hawthorne as a FA

Oviedo
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
+1

We need O-line early in the draft.I don't see any must draft ILB like Patrick Willis in Rd 1. There is hardly any difference between Kuechly/Hightower/Cole/Bradham/Davis in this draft.

I would prefer drafting Cole/Bradham/Davis - Rd 2- Rd4 in the draft . Let them learn for a year or so behind Foote or sign David Hawthorne as a FA

You sir are a man with great insight and wisdom. I agree with exactly what you said. This is not a dynamic ILB class so don't burn a Round 1 on a talent level you could get in Round 2 or 3.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM

I agree 100% that OL and specifically OG are priority 1. However, what if Decastro and Glenn are gone (and out of reach for a trade up) but Kuechly is there for our first pick? Wouldn't we be alright with the top ILB who supposedly projects into a 3-4 and go after the likes of Zeittler, Washington, Brooks, Silatolu, Osemele, Nix in rounds 2-4?

Sugar
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
If we have a shot at Keuchly in round one, we should take it, IMO. My understanding is that we can get a good OG on down the line. Before long, he'd be the QB of the Defense.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
How do you know what they have for grades? Just assuming this if its on all of the scouting websites? I remember years ago when the Steelers would have guys graded in the 1st round when websites had those same players going in the 2nd......

Just saying.... ;-)

Well documented they had a first round grade on Sean Lee, some on the inside even saying they had him pegged as the best fit as a LB for the Steelers, but come round 2 when he was sitting there available Tomlin made the call and took Worilds who most pundits had a 3rd round grade on.

Oviedo
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree 100% that OL and specifically OG are priority 1. However, what if Decastro and Glenn are gone (and out of reach for a trade up) but Kuechly is there for our first pick? Wouldn't we be alright with the top ILB who supposedly projects into a 3-4 and go after the likes of Zeittler, Washington, Brooks, Silatolu, Osemele, Nix in rounds 2-4?

Me personally if all the decent OL are gone, before I take Keuchly I'm seriously looking at the following first:

Mark Barron, S
Coby Fleenor, TE
a number of DL