PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Davis to visit Cowboys, Steelers, and Bumgals

BigRob
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
He was TE for the Bears. I don't see them being able to sign him with other teams wanting him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/source-kellen-davis-to-visit-cowboys-steelers-bengals/

Chadman
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
He was TE for the Bears. I don't see them being able to sign him with other teams wanting him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/source-kellen-davis-to-visit-cowboys-steelers-bengals/

Shows the team is looking to upgrade the back-up TE position. While there is interest, it'll come down to how teams value you him. None of those 3 teams would have him as a starter- so you never know.

Wouldn't suprise Chadman to see former Chief Leonard Pope get a look...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
This one makes sense to kick the tires on. Miller, Saunders, and Davis would be a very good TE group. Rumors of Mike Tolbert & Payton Hillis don't. Tolbert would be a good pickup if they see him as the FB & 3rd down back but he may be too expensive. Hillis doesn't make any sense because I believe he will want big money.

Oviedo
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
This one makes sense to kick the tires on. Miller, Saunders, and Davis would be a very good TE group. Rumors of Mike Tolbert & Payton Hillis don't. Tolbert would be a good pickup if they see him as the FB & 3rd down back but he may be too expensive. Hillis doesn't make any sense because I believe he will want big money.

Hillis may want big money but when he quit on his team last year that option greatly diminshed. IMO he has some major question marks associated with him now.

I think it will be telling what Haley plans to do on offense if they bring in a real FB just to at least talk., e.g. Owen Schmitt. Even more telling if they sign one. That is really about the only level player they have the cap space to sign.

Jooser
03-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Davis re-signed with the Bears yesterday. Cross him off the list.