PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago

toddjammin
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
per NFL Network

D Rock
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
3rd rounders in 2012 and 2013...Marshall is back with Cutler again now. Bring on the 100+ catch seasons and ignoring any other receiver on the field.

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, guess Chicago's not signing Mike Wallace to a huge offer sheet and surrendering the #19 pick now, eh?

Perhaps Stephen Ross can convince Manning to come to Miami if he gets him Mike Wallace in exchange for the #8 pick? :stirpot

ramblinjim
03-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Being from the great state of Illinois, I feel sorry for Bears fans. It's been rough since the '85 team. There were many years of "oh so close....." with so many years of perennial sucktitude in between.

Oviedo
03-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I think this takes Miami off Manning's radar unless they are promising they will also sign both the Indy WRs who are free agents

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I think this takes Miami off Manning's radar unless they are promising they will also sign both the Indy WRs who are free agents

Pierre Garcon says he'll sign with the Redskins.

Chadman
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
The rush to sign WR's is weird considering the depth of the position in the draft...

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
The rush to sign WR's is weird considering the depth of the position in the draft...

At this rate, perhaps Justin Blackmon will slide down to #24. :lol:

Chadman
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
At this rate, perhaps Justin Blackmon will slide down to #24. :lol:

Chadman rapidly goes to change his draft board...

Keyplay1
03-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Being from the great state of Illinois, I feel sorry for Bears fans. It's been rough since the '85 team. There were many years of "oh so close....." with so many years of perennial sucktitude in between.

Sounds like a good deal for the Bears. I'm a little surprised Miami is letting him go. It certainly can't be because he is not a very dangerous and effective receiver.

We don't get to see a whole lot of Bears football in this area but I always thought the Bears made an error with Hester. Yeah, on paper it probably sounded great. Get the ball in the hands of possibly one of the most dangerous ever out in the open field runners ever. But, they forgot one thing he had to receive the ball first.

This deal should really help the Bears. But maybe it is too late since those very many excellent defenses since as you said since 85 and throughout the 90's and the past decade just might not be there anymore. LOL

I think I am going to spend the next half hour looking into the between the lines goings on instigating this move. Without any idea of the goings on there I am inclined to rank this move just about even on the stupid level as the Steelers letting Holmes go.

Keyplay1
03-14-2012, 06:42 AM
As I suspected off field stuff and/or locker room issues played into this.

From a recent news story:

NFL star wide receiver Brandon Marshall, whose list of run-ins with the law is as long as a football field, allegedly slugged a woman at a New York nightclub just days before the Miami Dolphins traded him to the Chicago Bears. Marshall was at Marquee in Chelsea early Sunday when he got into an argument with a group of friends celebrating a birthday, law-enforcement sources told...

Personally, I think some in-house counseling etc. would be a better option.

feltdizz
03-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Marshall has a long list of WTF moments.... trying to return stolen bed sheets to Burlington, about 10 domestic violence charges...he was the one who kept spraying champagne which led to the Bronco getting killed and I think he also ended up waking up in an alley in Vegas stripped of his jewels and dignity after getting into a car with a bunch of strangers. Stabbed by his girlfriend the night before an important playoff game.

That guy has major issues and will end up dead in the next 5 years if he doesn't change his ways.

Correction... it was Javon Walker who woke up in an alley... but he is Brandon Marshalls cousin and both were present and partly responsible for the death of a teammate because they love to spray champagne on thugs in clubs.

fordfixer
03-15-2012, 01:40 AM
Bears WR Marshall accused of punching woman in NYC

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuNiyPrWaCAm21_a_DsjVLhDubYF?slug=ap-bears-marshall

CHICAGO (AP)—Less than a day after the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/), the Pro Bowl receiver has been accused in yet another off-field incident.
New York City police say a woman has filed a complaint alleging Marshall punched her in the face at a nightclub over the weekend. Marshall has not been charged in the incident, which the woman says occurred at 3:50 a.m. Sunday outside the Marquee in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood.
Marshall was traded from the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/) to the Bears on Tuesday for two third-round draft picks. Both teams said Wednesday that they knew about the alleged incident before the trade.

“Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend,” Chicago general manager Phil Emery said. “We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear.”
In a statement that Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer posted on Twitter, Marshall’s attorney, Harvey Steinberg, said a fight broke out that did not involve his client or his friends. He said Marshall’s wife was struck in the face by a thrown bottle and “suffered serious injury” as they were leaving the club. He said Marshall’s wife was taken to a hospital and that Marshall “is hoping to assist authorities in regards to this matter.”
Steinberg and agent Kennard McGuire did not return calls for comment. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail the incident “will be reviewed like any other matter of this nature.”
The trade for Marshall was the first big move by Emery, who replaced the fired Jerry Angelo, and it gave Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/) the go-to receiver he’s been seeking since he arrived from the Broncos three years ago. That it reunited him with one of his top targets in Denver was an added bonus.
Cutler made it clear on Twitter that he was happy with the move: “Told you we could get that (hash)15 out of storage. Getting the band back together! Good to have (hash)15 back.”
Marshall made the Pro Bowl for the third time last year, when he had 81 catches for 1,214 yards and six scores. But he also dropped at least four potential touchdown catches and failed to end his career-long playoff drought.
He also has a history of off-the-field problems.
Last year, Marshall’s wife was arrested after he was stabbed in the abdomen during a domestic dispute. Charges were later dropped.
Marshall also was involved in a 2007 fight in Denver that led to the drive-by slaying of the Broncos’ Darrent Williams.
Last July, Marshall disclosed he was diagnosed earlier in the year with borderline personality disorder, which stems from such things as a negative self-image and a fear of failure. Then, at midseason, he said efforts to keep his emotions on an even keel have hurt his play, and before a Monday night game he claimed his goal was to get ejected before halftime.
Marshall sparred with quarterback Chad Henne (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8834/) during his first season with the Dolphins, but he seemed popular in the locker room last year.