PDA

View Full Version : NT Brandon Thompson had a solid pro day

Dee Dub
03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
DT Brandon Thompson, who did not run at the combine posted a 5.16 40 time at the Clemson pro day. Thompson's time included a quick 1.77 ten-yard split.

http://www.gbnreport.com/prodayupdates.html

I really like this guy a lot.I know SKL likes him as well. Watched many of his games this past year and saw a non-stop motor and player who was very disruptive inside. Great leverage. Great pad level. He's probably an early second round pick though. Mike Mayock attended the pro day work at Clemson and had some good things to say about him last night on Path to the Draft as well.

phillyesq
03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting. I can see the link real clearly, but the rest of this is almost impossible to read. Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

Dee Dub
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Also, this is pretty interesting as well....

Mississippi State
(8/03)

About half of the 32 teams in the NFL were present at the Mississippi State workout including the defensive line coaches for both Pittsburgh and Kansas City as well as Green Bay director of college scouting John Dorsey. The guy they were there to see was DT Fletcher Cox who for the most part stood on his excellent combine performance and looked good in positional drills. RB Vick Ballard was able to take a tenth of a second off his somewhat disappointing combine 40 time of 4.65. Running on a fast indoor track, Ballard timed in the 4.55 range and also looked solid in positional drills during which he showed good blitz pick-up skill and also caught the ball well. A couple of former Bulldogs’ offensive linemen not invited to the combine all got some long looks from NFL teams in attendance. OT James Carmon measured in at 6-6, 330 with long arms and ran in the mid-5.30 for the 40, while posting decent shuttle times for a big OL of 7.73 in the 3-cone drill and 4.80 in the short shuttle; Carmon, though, only managed 22 reps in the bench press. Fellow OT Carl Lawrence wasn’t as big at 6-4, 303, but was quicker and more athletic running the 40 in the mid-5.2 range, while posting 28 reps in the BP.

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for posting. I can see the link real clearly, but the rest of this is almost impossible to read. Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

Me too...I highlighted it all and was able to read it as white text on a blue background. Black text on a dark grey background ain't gonna work.

Also, Dee's second post following yours (about the Mississippi State Pro Day) was also difficult to read because you had to keep scrolling back and forth. I wonder what caused that?

D Rock
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Me too...I highlighted it all and was able to read it as white text on a blue background. Black text on a dark grey background ain't gonna work.

Also, Dee's second post following yours (about the Mississippi State Pro Day) was also difficult to read because you had to keep scrolling back and forth. I wonder what caused that?

You've got your screen scrolled in 1 click too far maybe. Hold Ctrl and mouse wheel in and out and see if it changes it. I was able to recreate your problem doing that.

steelerkeylargo
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Loved him as a Junior. Thought his play dipped a little. Most likely because he didn't have Jenkins and Bowers on the line with him. I would have no problems taking him in the second round.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Loved him as a Junior. Thought his play dipped a little. Most likely because he didn't have Jenkins and Bowers on the line with him. I would have no problems taking him in the second round.

would you be willing to trade up for him in the second round or would you rather sit tight and wait to see if he falls to us at 2(56)?

I can see you have us selecting Brandon Thompson in the 3rd round in your mock sig, really think he'll last that long?

steelerkeylargo
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
would you be willing to trade up for him in the second round or would you rather sit tight and wait to see if he falls to us at 2(56)?

I can see you have us selecting Brandon Thompson in the 3rd round in your mock sig, really think he'll last that long? Sig error......I am torn....I don't think i would trade up.