PDA

View Full Version : Why not trade up for Luke Kuechly

steeler_george
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I know that many would love to trade up for Decastro, but wouldn't Kuechly be a better option to trade up for? IF he falls to the teens.

I am not a draft expert, so I don't know the value it would take to get him, but I rather grab him, and settle for the mid rounds for a Guard, NT.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I know that many would love to trade up for Decastro, but wouldn't Kuechly be a better option to trade up for? IF he falls to the teens.

I am not a draft expert, so I don't know the value it would take to get him, but I rather grab him, and settle for the mid rounds for a Guard, NT.

Still prefer DeCastro...I'd trade our 2nd round pick to move up for DeCastro...I'd trade our 3rd round pick to move up for Kuechly.

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 01:09 PM

I'm with you on this. Kuechly is projected to be a tackling machine much like Willis in San Fran and he would be a great replacement for Farrior. I just don't think we can afford to move up that far to get him.

NottinghamForest_UK
03-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Still prefer DeCastro...I'd trade our 2nd round pick to move up for DeCastro...I'd trade our 3rd round pick to move up for Kuechly.

Would we only have to give away our third round pick to trade up for Kuechly? I'm with you if that's plausible.

steelblood
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm with you on this. Kuechly is projected to be a tackling machine much like Willis in San Fran and he would be a great replacement for Farrior. I just don't think we can afford to move up that far to get him.

Kuechly is more Sean Lee than Patrick Willis. Willis is a freak of an athlete and hits like a ton of bricks (more powerful). Kuechly is not on his level. Kuechly is a very good athlete, excellent instincts, with very good athleticism. Kuechly will be very productive, but he likely won't be elite.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Kiper: Eagles need to move up for Kuechly

Posted on March 8, 2012 (http://blogs.delawareonline.com/eagles/2012/03/08/kiper-eagles-need-to-move-up-for-kuechly/) by Geoff Mosher (http://blogs.delawareonline.com/eagles/author/gmosher/)

If the Eagles want Boston College middle linebacker Luke Kuechly in April’s NFL Draft, they won’t be able to sit still at No. 15 overall.

So said ESPN’s draft expert Mel Kiper, in a conference call to discuss his third and most recent mock draft.

After an impressive workout at the NFL Scouting Combine last month, and showing up at 240 pounds to answer questions about his size, the junior linebacker jumped up to the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 11 in Kiper’s latest draft projection.

The Eagles, no strangers to moving up and down the draft boards, have the ammunition to move up again. Thanks to the Kevin Kolb trade last August, they picked up Arizona’s second-round pick and have three of the first 51 selections.

Kiper doesn’t factor potential trades into his mock drafts, so he has the Birds tabbing Louisiana State defensive tackle Michael Brockers at 15th overall, but he admitted that defensive tackle isn’t their primary area of need.

“Are they going to be aggressive and move up to get Luke Kuechly? Luke Kuechly, I don’t think will be there at 15,” Kiper said. “But do they want to move up? Kuechly had the production at Boston College, over 400 tackles, and he had a great workout. So to me Philadelphia and Kuechly would make sense, but I couldn’t drop him to 15. I would feel better with Kuechly in Philadelphia than Brockers, but you’ve got to move up to get Kuechly.”

If they go defensive tackle, Kiper said the Eagles could also end up with Mississippi State’s Fletcher Cox, whom Kiper said is “right there with Brockers” in terms of talent and upside.

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/eagles/2012/03/08/kiper-eagles-need-to-move-up-for-kuechly/

Keyplay1
03-09-2012, 07:25 AM

I was wondering why his name had not been mentioned if at all earlier.

Anyway a couple days ago I tried to view a video of the Florida St vs Boston College game. I figured to kill two birds with one stone. Get a look at Nigel Bradham who has been discussed and also see what this Kuechly looked like.

But it's going to have to go on hold till next week when my DSL connection should be activated. It is really hard to load videos on dial-up.

There were several pretty lengthy vids on YouTube. If anyone gets some time I am curious to see what they think of these players from that game. Bradham is #13 and Kuechly is #40.