PDA

View Full Version : Why no talk of Osemele???

D Rock
03-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Well....have at it!

His numbers at the combine are better than Cordy Glenn just about everywhere, and he can play both T and G.

steelblood
03-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Osmele is a good athlete and is very strong. The problem is that his technique is sloppy, his instinct and pass rush diagnosis are questionable, and he lunges and plays out over his feet too much. He could develop into as good a player as Glenn, but he is not ready to be an NFL tackle at this point. Most of his deficiencies could be masked at guard though. I think he is a top 50 pick at worst and will not make it to our second round pick. But, at this point, I agree with most Planet Steeler pundits that he is not worthy of the #24 pick.

steeler_george
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I was thinking, that he is going to be an average to good solid player in the NFL, sort of Gilbertish. But we all saw how, just adding that youth and average to solid player paid off for us on our OL last year, were most are are average at best. He would be a great pick, if Poe, Glenn, and Hightower are off the board, and we trade back from the first to the second round.

Dee Dub
03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Well....have at it!

His numbers at the combine are better than Cordy Glenn just about everywhere, and he can play both T and G.

He may have played T last year but he was horrible at it. I spoke about him quite a bit during this past college season. He struggled in pass blocking every time I watched him. I do not think he is going to be very good at the next level.

Dee Dub
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Osmele is a good athlete and is very strong. The problem is that his technique is sloppy, his instinct and pass rush diagnosis are questionable, and he lunges and plays out over his feet too much. He could develop into as good a player as Glenn, but he is not ready to be an NFL tackle at this point. Most of his deficiencies could be masked at guard though. I think he is a top 50 pick at worst and will not make it to our second round pick. But, at this point, I agree with most Planet Steeler pundits that he is not worthy of the #24 pick.

Excellent post blood. I will go one further...I do not think he is worthy of pick #56 either.