03-08-2012, 12:50 AM
What happened??

pittpete
03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
New forums bud

steelz09
03-08-2012, 12:52 AM
What happened??

Migrating Forums. The threads should appear shortly. Did you read the New Forum topic that was listed on the old forum for the last week?

Chadman
Yeah, but.....where are all the old posts? Gone for good?

Chadman
Migrating Forums. The threads should appear shortly. Did you read the New Forum topic that was listed on the old forum for the last week?

Apparently not.... :D

steelz09
03-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Apparently not.... :D

Ok, well the forums & topics are back. Because the migration takes a bit of time, it may have missed a few of the absolute latest posts but they should be few and far between :)

steelz09
03-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Chadman - Apparently, you didn't have any issues w/ getting your new password.

Chadman
03-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Chadman's heart rate has returned to normal- all good now.

Pretty isn't it?

:D

Chadman
03-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Oh no- Chadman did have his issues & now has a completely abstract collection of letters & numbers that he will simply never remember.

But...that's why Chadman doesn't delete emails..

steelz09
03-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Chadman,

That's only temporary. You can change your password to something easier to remember. Steps are below:

1) Click "Settings" link (link in the upper-right corner of the header)
2) Click the "Edit Email and Password" link on the settings page. This link is in the navigation bar on the left side of the screen. You'll likely need to scroll down to see it.

Chadman
03-08-2012, 01:15 AM
How exciting.... :p

costanza2k1
03-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Test...............

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 01:28 AM
This board migration is giving us the true Ben Roethlisberger experience. He wanted to keep Arians as his O.C. because he was comfortable with it, just like we were comfortable with the look and functionality of our old board. He resisted change to Haley at first but now seems to realize that if he can adapt his game even a little bit then it could be better, even with an awkward transitional phase from the old to the new...I think that's how many posters will react to this change to an updated forum server.

SteelBucks
03-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Well that was fun. Thought I got banned for a second.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 01:37 AM

I can make that happen if you want me too (I'd add a smiley here, but they haven't been migrated over just yet).

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2012, 01:56 AM

you mean they allowed you to log onto this new board? this would have been the perfect opportunity for the mods to...just kidding, just kidding! where are the smileys? :-)

steelz09
03-08-2012, 02:00 AM
:Steel The smileys are imported. You can access them via the smiley button on the "Quick Reply" option or the "Go Advanced" button which is another option to post a reply / new thread but w/ more options.

focosteeler
03-08-2012, 02:18 AM
wow so fancy. its gonna take some time to figure it all out

steelz09
03-08-2012, 02:22 AM
wow so fancy. its gonna take some time to figure it all out

lol .. definitely has a lot more features. Things are a bit different but i don't think we'll have much trouble in the transition.

If anyone sees any color mismatches/styles that need correcting, please let me know.

fordfixer
03-08-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't do well with change

SS Laser
03-08-2012, 03:50 AM
Nice new forum. Also I have used this type before and would like to switch the board from black and gold. SORRY :). It was under profile/general settings on the other board that happened to be black. I switched it to white. Am I missing the setting? I have bad eyes and this board is even worse to look at then before. SORRY AGAIN! :) I do love black and gold!

papillon
03-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm the Ben Roethlisberger of the board; I don't like it one little bit. :D

Pappy

DukieBoy
03-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Crossed over the threshhold.

D Rock
03-08-2012, 08:50 AM
My immediate response is that I liked the front page of the old forum better. The threads list was easier to work through. I guess I'll just have to give this a chance to settle in.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Does my sig look bigger in the new forum to you?

Seriously though, I can't find the smilies (Thursday 8 AM). I did the "Go Reply Advanced" option as suggested, but I only see choices for "Post Icons". Where are the "Rats Suck" and "Terrible Towel" icons?

Thanks -

steelblood
03-08-2012, 09:03 AM
New things are challenging, and make me use my brain. That is generally a problem for me because I'm a talking (er typing) dog who was badly inbred.

JUST.PLAIN.NASTY
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Well I did. Nice to see I wasn't the only one. Sent an email to the administrator and created this new account and sent a message. Still waiting.

pittpete
03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I cant add an image as my sig, can ya look into it---I think this setting might be it which I cant change..
Thanks

Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No

DukieBoy
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
We will make in-game adjustments, and it will all be good.

pfelix73
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
TEST- This is only a TEST--- ok- just checking to make sure I'm sort of back to normal.....lol

pfelix73
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Whew- what happened to my sig.? It's HUGE.

phillyesq
03-08-2012, 10:33 AM
My office just changed to Windows 7 this week. This is more change than I'm capable of dealing with right now.

pfelix73
03-08-2012, 10:35 AM
lol- well, at least you got on here. I think some are having problems logging in. I know what you mean, change sometimes suks..

NP- with editing my sig, but how do I get my picture of Dirt to come up?

steelz09
03-08-2012, 10:50 AM
My office just changed to Windows 7 this week. This is more change than I'm capable of dealing with right now.

haha.. that's a tough week of change right there!

steelz09
03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
All,

I'll try to work through these as fast as possible ... I still have my day job but I'll do what I can :)

The highest priority ones I'll take care of is users that can't login and then I'll address that other ones.

btw -- The smiles are there.. trust me:Hater

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
New things are challenging, and make me use my brain. That is generally a problem for me because I'm a talking (er typing) dog who was badly inbred.

I thought only the humans in Cincitucky were inbred...the talking/typing dogs are inbred too?!?! :)

steelz09
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Everyone,

Click "Settings" in the upper right corner of this page.

That is where you can change/resize your signature, avatar, etc.

costanza2k1
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Test...............test again!

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Well, we change OCs and look what we get. I think Ben is right ... it will take our young receivers years to adjust to all the changes on this board. Couldn't we have just tweaked the old forum a little bit? Who knows how long it's going to be before we can post about red zone scoring and our lousy defensive coordinator and Hightower being the next Jack Lambert.

and where are the freakin' smilies?

J/K ... it will take a little while to get familiar but all is good.

eniparadoxgma
03-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Sig check!

No luck. My rudimentary google analysis yielded no profitable results. Someone feel free to post the how-to re:signature pic when they can.

feltdizz
03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
is it possible to get a one click link back to the Steelers talk forum at the bottom of the page?

steelz09
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Smiley Information.

Here is how to insert a smiley for a quick reply:

1) Click on the smiley button
2) A smiley dialog box will appear
3) Select your smiley or click the "More" button for additional sections. NOTE: I know the button is hard to read (it's dark grey on a black background). That is something I'll fix.

On a "regular" reply:

1) Click the "Reply to Thread" button or the "Go Advanced" button ("Go Advanced" is a button that appears right below the "Quick Reply" box). "Go Advanced" is equivalent to the regular reply (a bit more options).

2) You'll see a few smileys on the right of the "reply" section. Only a few show up. Right below the few smileys, there is a "More" link. Click the "More" link and all the smileys will apear.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
is it possible to get a one click link back to the Steelers talk forum at the bottom of the page?

feltdizz - The breadcrumbs at the top of the page allow for that navigation.

At the bottom of the page, there is a drop down called "Quick Navation" that will allow you to quickly jump to any forum.

Also, next to that drop down, there is a "Top" button. That "Top" button will allow you to jump to the top of the current page.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Sig check!

No luck. My rudimentary google analysis yielded no profitable results. Someone feel free to post the how-to re:signature pic when they can.

I didn't change my sig at all, and it worked for me when I moved over...not sure why other folks sig pictures aren't working (I'm not the tech guy here...I'm trying to explore the new digs and learn stuff via trial and error just like everyone else). Can you see my sig okay?

steelz09
03-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Sig check!

1) Go to Settings (up right corner of page)
2) Click the "Edit Signature" link on the left navigation bar
3) That is where you can edit your sig (i.e. reduce the text size, add an image, etc)
4) To add an image from another side like in your case, simply click the "Add Image" button. It's to the right of the globe button(s).
5) It will ask you for the URL of the image. In your case, enter http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7800/epinq5ka6.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7800/epinq5ka6.jpg)
6) Click the "Ok" button.

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
1) Go to Settings (up right corner of page)
2) Click the "Edit Signature" link on the left navigation bar
3) That is where you can edit your sig (i.e. reduce the text size, add an image, etc)
4) To add an image from another side like in your case, simply click the "Add Image" button. It's to the right of the globe button(s).
5) It will ask you for the URL of the image. In your case, enter http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7800/epinq5ka6.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7800/epinq5ka6.jpg)
6) Click the "Ok" button.

The problem is I don't get the "add image" button or any other button whether it's editing a signature or making a post. That's why we can't find the smilies either.

TD386Steel
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I like the changes

California-Steel
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
That change your password thing was not to intuitive at all.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
The problem is I don't get the "add image" button or any other button whether it's editing a signature or making a post. That's why we can't find the smilies either.

Is everyone experience this issue? You should see buttons right above where you type in replyes, edit signatures, etc. Some of these buttons will look similar to microsfot word buttons. For example: Bold, Italic, Underline buttons, etc. In that same row of buttons, you should see the smiley, and add image buttons.

feltdizz
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
feltdizz - The breadcrumbs at the top of the page allow for that navigation.

At the bottom of the page, there is a drop down called "Quick Navation" that will allow you to quickly jump to any forum.

Also, next to that drop down, there is a "Top" button. That "Top" button will allow you to jump to the top of the current page.

That's 2 clicks instead of 1... I'm lazy.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
That's 2 clicks instead of 1... I'm lazy.

Sorry, that 2 clicks is a "new feature" :)

pittpete
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Steelz09, we dont have an add image button under edit signature
On the bottom lines I have this

Allow Image BB Code
No
Allow Code BB Code
Yes
Allow PHP BB Code
Yes
Allow HTML BB Code
Yes
Allow Quote BB Code
Yes
Allow Smilies
Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature
No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature
No
Look at the ones that say NO, I bet that is the problem.
I can let you log in as me and see if it helps

Jooser
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Woohoo, back on here!

fezziwig
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the work you have put into this upgrade. Now that I have just turned 50 years old I, would have appreciated larger print. Thanks again for a terrific site and for the great mods that we have here.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Is everyone experience this issue? You should see buttons right above where you type in replyes, edit signatures, etc. Some of these buttons will look similar to microsfot word buttons. For example: Bold, Italic, Underline buttons, etc. In that same row of buttons, you should see the smiley, and add image buttons.

I don't see any of these buttons either.

grotonsteel
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Wohoo..I am able to login.

Thanks John for helping me with my password reset issue.

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Okay, I went to

>Settings
>General Settings
>Miscellaneous Options>Message Editor Interface

Choose "Enhanced Interface" and magically you will see all the options we used to see dealing with fonts, inserting images, smilies, etc.

:tt2:tt2:tt2

:Boobs

steelz09
03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Okay, I went to

>Settings
>General Settings

Choose "Enhanced Interface" and magically you will see all the options we used to see dealing with fonts, inserting images, smilies, etc.

Thanks ikestop85. You the man. For some reason, the "General Settings" (like the one you indicated) are not applied globally for imported users. Only new users which explains why my account (steelz09) and my test account can see them fine. I bet the same thing is happening for the bbcode settings in the signatures.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks ikestop85. You the man. For some reason, the "General Settings" (like the one you indicated) are not applied globally for imported users. Only new users which explains why my account (steelz09) and my test account can see them fine. I bet the same thing is happening for the bbcode settings in the signatures.

Furthermore, if the date & times for posts are showing something weird, you can customize your timezone settings in the same area that ikestop85 indicated.

NC Steeler Fan
03-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Ack! I feel like I'm walking around in the dark!

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm still not able to get the images to work in the signature. It doesn't show the icons to insert images or insert videos. I think that might be a global setting controlled by you John.

pfelix73
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I might be posting a repeat here, but my screen under edit signature shows this too:

Signature PermissionsAllow Basic BB CodeYesAllow Color BB CodeYesAllow Size BB CodeYesAllow Font BB CodeYesAllow Alignment BB CodeYesAllow List BB CodeYesAllow Link BB CodeYesAllow HTMLNoAllow Image BB CodeNoAllow Code BB CodeYesAllow PHP BB CodeYesAllow HTML BB CodeYesAllow Quote BB CodeYesAllow SmiliesYesCan Upload Images for SignatureNoCan Upload Animated GIF for SignatureNo

Can these No's at the end be why we can't get our sig pics to work?

Thanks,

skyhawk
03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I need reading glasses now to read the forums!! Can we go back to the old fonts?

pittpete
03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
>Settings
>General Settings

Doesn't do a thing for allowing us to add an image in our sigs.

kindlecatsb'ng
03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
this is a test.

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I need reading glasses now to read the forums!! Can we go back to the old fonts?

I'm not having a problem with the fonts. They seem to be a little bigger on my screen. What editor are you using, standard or WYSIWYG?

skyhawk
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm not having a problem with the fonts. They seem to be a little bigger on my screen. What editor are you using, standard or WYSIWYG?

Editor? I have no idea what those letter mean. Mainly, it's harder to read the forum thread list. It's not the nice dark bold yellow like it used to be. And the background I am typing on now is white instead of black (no biggie). It's just a little harder to read overall but I can see it fine, just not used to it yet I guess.

skyhawk
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Plus we are all the same now, and senior members ;) I guess CRASH will have to use another sn again now lol.

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Okay, I went to

>Settings
>General Settings

Okay...making that change you mentioned worked for me too...smilies are back!

What's up with the limit of only 4 images smilies (smilies are considered images) per post, though?

I couldn't add any new smilies to my post, because there were already 4 smilies included in ike's post. If I want to add my own smilies, I have to eliminate his. Ugh...

Flasteel
03-08-2012, 11:02 PM
So what's going on with the sig permissions? How did you get to upload your sig RB? Why are the avatars still disabled?

This is like wandering around naked.:(

AngryAsian
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm lost... Help me Ruthless-Wan-Kenobi...you're my only hope.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 11:06 PM
So what's going on with the sig permissions? How did you get to upload your sig RB? Why are the avatars still disabled?

I'm working on it. I can't guarantee a solution tonight, or tomorrow but to be honest, I'm more concerned w/ users having access to post than I am avatars and signatures :) It will get resolved, but it's going to take a bit of work.

steelz09
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
everyone should now see the advanced editor. If you see the smiley, the insert image and insert video buttons are the 3rd and 4th button to the right of the smiley respectively.

see......

http://i40.tinypic.com/f2282g.gif

steelz09
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
How about the "Insert Video" option:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGvFXmx_A8

D Rock
03-08-2012, 11:38 PM
How about the "Insert Video" option:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGvFXmx_A8

Troy has a highlight video with about 10 clips in it that would be the gem of just about any other player's video.

Most incredible player I've ever had the joy of watching.

steelz09
03-09-2012, 12:43 AM
It doesn't appear the avatars can be migrated from our old forum software phpBB3.

steelz09
03-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Smiles = 1
Insert Image = 2
Insert Video = 3

These buttons should exist within your advanced editor. Everyone should see the advanced editor. Using these same buttons, you can setup your signatures.

Chadman
03-09-2012, 04:00 AM
413Hey! It really works!

Chadman
03-09-2012, 04:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG6xdsYw9cY&feature=player_detailpage

It really does work!:tt2

calmkiller
03-09-2012, 08:53 AM
O crap. I get busy at work and stop posting. Come back and a new board. This will take some getting use too.

calmkiller
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
So why don't I have an option to enable an avatar?

steelz09
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
You can setup your avatar, signature, time zone, etc in the "Settings" page. The link to the settings is in the upper right corner of the page after your login.

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM

I didn't do anything with my sig...it just worked the first time I logged in. Not sure why it isn't working for others.

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm lost... Help me Ruthless-Wan-Kenobi...you're my only hope.

Jedi Master steelz09 knows the power of the Force. At this point, I'm merely a Padawan just like you. :wink:

Jooser
03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Can Upload Images for Signature NoCan Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

:confused:

steelz09
03-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Jooser - What about now? can you upload your avatar / sig?

People using bbcode/link that have a signature, you should already been able to update your signature.

steelz09
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Okay...making that change you mentioned worked for me too...smilies are back!

What's up with the limit of only 4 images smilies (smilies are considered images) per post, though?

I couldn't add any new smilies to my post, because there were already 4 smilies included in ike's post. If I want to add my own smilies, I have to eliminate his. Ugh...

This has been increased but there is still a limit (>4) to the images per post. Just please try to limit the images as much as possible for those w/ slower internet connections. smilies are one thing but larger images are another. :)

steelz09
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Jooser - Just as an fyi, you don't need to upload your signaure since it's on photobucket. In fact, I'd prefer that people don't upload there signatures if its already on another site like photobucket, flickr or whatever.

You can use the "Insert Image" button and then just copy and paste the photobucket URL/address to your signature

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Jooser - Just as an fyi, you don't need to upload your signaure since it's on photobucket. In fact, I'd prefer that people don't upload there signatures if its already on another site like photobucket, flickr or whatever.

You can use the "Insert Image" button and then just copy and paste the photobucket URL/address to your signature

That's what I've always done for my sig pic...I've always just linked to imageshack or photobucket...never directly uploaded an image to this site...perhaps that is why my sig worked right off the bat without having to change anything. My avatar's gone though...I should have it saved on my home computer, though...I'll have to wait until after work to fix that one.

costanza2k1
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
test 3...................

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the help, j. When I tried to use the link it said the file or picture was too big so I ended up uploading a version I have on my PC. However, it appears really small to me now. I don't mind re-hosting it elsewhere. I guess I just need to find a bigger version.

Ruthless, I could see your sig originally and can still see it now. It's still pretty big, and seems to dwarf mine at this time. :( Genetics?

For the people saying the font is too small, just hold down your "Ctrl" button and scroll your mousewheel. That should alter the size for you (at least on Firefox and Chrome).

costanza2k1
03-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help, j. When I tried to use the link it said the file or picture was too big so I ended up uploading a version I have on my PC. However, it appears really small to me now. I don't mind re-hosting it elsewhere. I guess I just need to find a bigger version.

Ruthless, I could see your sig originally and can still see it now. It's still pretty big, and seems to dwarf mine at this time. :( Genetics?

For the people saying the font is too small, just hold down your "Ctrl" button and scroll your mousewheel. That should alter the size for you (at least on Firefox and Chrome).

Love the sig, lol

steelz09
03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Love the sig, lol

The font size must be computer / browser specific. I've tried this site on 3 different montirs. 2 large desktop monitors and a small laptop monitor. The text size is a bit small on the 2 large monitors because of the hight resolution but thats to be expected. I might increase the size a tad bit but not too much because each users can adjust it to there needs. It looks to me that it's almost identical to the old forum.

Also, I might increase the size of the avatars since we have the extra room. What do you all think? It wouldn't effect the existing ones but it would on new uploads.

As far as the signatures... the site will reside it to 500 px (width) x 100 px (height). Ruthless' sig definitely exceeds that... he must be special or something. :rolleyes:

SteelHead
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
test test test

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
test test test

Schweet avatar, SteelHead!

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
The font size and layout are fine to me. Only thing I think is strange on my end at this point is that my avatar is about as large as my sig lol. I'm attaching a screen capture of how the site and what not look on my computer because it always helps to get even more vantage points.

Well, I was going to but I can't seem to attach the picture...even after resizing it down to 270kb or so. Tried uploading it to Imageshack but apparently they want people to register now...then tried TinyPic but when I put the link in the post it doesn't get resized, becomes monolithic, and would make everyone have to scroll on the page...

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Love the sig, lol

Thanks, constanz. You remember who/what it was in response to then?

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
The font size and layout are fine to me. Only thing I think is strange on my end at this point is that my avatar is about as large as my sig lol. I'm attaching a screen capture of how the site and what not look on my computer because it always helps to get even more vantage points.

Well, I was going to but I can't seem to attach the picture...even after resizing it down to 270kb or so. Tried uploading it to Imageshack but apparently they want people to register now...then tried TinyPic but when I put the link in the post it doesn't get resized, becomes monolithic, and would make everyone have to scroll on the page...

Mmmm...Aqua Teen avatar...

Loved it when police freaked out because they thought those handmade Mooninites-flipping-the-bird Lite-Brite-style signs on bridges were actually bombs. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 04:30 PM
The font size must be computer / browser specific. I've tried this site on 3 different montirs. 2 large desktop monitors and a small laptop monitor. The text size is a bit small on the 2 large monitors because of the hight resolution but thats to be expected. I might increase the size a tad bit but not too much because each users can adjust it to there needs. It looks to me that it's almost identical to the old forum.

Also, I might increase the size of the avatars since we have the extra room. What do you all think? It wouldn't effect the existing ones but it would on new uploads.

As far as the signatures... the site will reside it to 500 px (width) x 100 px (height). Ruthless' sig definitely exceeds that... he must be special or something. :rolleyes:

If you get over 16,000 posts, the site automatically allows you to do whatever the hell you want. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
This has been increased but there is still a limit (>4) to the images per post. Just please try to limit the images as much as possible for those w/ slower internet connections. smilies are one thing but larger images are another. :)

Guess this puts an end to the "Wanted Man" threads featuring a dozen or so pics of Flacco (or whatever QB we're facing that week) getting blasted by Harrison, Woodley, and the rest of the fellas...:(

costanza2k1
03-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks, constanz. You remember who/what it was in response to then?
nah man, can barely remember last week these days :D

costanza2k1
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Guess this puts an end to the "Wanted Man" threads featuring a dozen or so pics of Flacco (or whatever QB we're facing that week) getting blasted by Harrison, Woodley, and the rest of the fellas...:(
you can always do multiple posts...

Jooser
03-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Test TEST TEST

steelz09
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
you can always do multiple posts...

Yes... multiple posts will avoid the image limit. Plus, the "per post" image limit is probably higher than any of the "Wanted Man" threads. I don't think it'll be a problem.

Jooser
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Testing my sig

Jooser
03-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Testing my sig

WEAK!!!! :rolleyes:

steelz09
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
WEAK!!!! :rolleyes:

hahah .. epi and you have manly signatures! hahahah .... l

steelz09
03-09-2012, 05:45 PM

Jooser, try to upload your signature image again... i increased the dimensions

steelz09
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM

I increased the file size limit (your image if 200-300k should be fine), and increased the dimension restriction for signatures. It's now a width of 700 and height of 300. I noticed Yours and Joosers current sigs are exactly 100px in height so the forum is resizing it automatically to fit the restrictions which is a good thing.

If you re-upload & update your signature again, it should be the new dimension 700x300

l

Jooser
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Now we're cooking with GAS !!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2

AngryAsian
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Okay, my sig is functional (huge) and was able to address my avatar issue (for some reason rendering small), I love the quick reply screen. The navigation is getting easier as I get familiar with the layout of where things are at. My kid's soccer has been taking up a lot of time, so once I have some time I'll play with the interface more... Might need to create a new sig. Not having any resolution issues with font size and I've tried navigating on my android, a laptop and a widescreen desktop on high resolution.

Flasteel
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Sig test...

eniparadoxgma
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Mmmm...Aqua Teen avatar...

Loved it when police freaked out because they thought those handmade Mooninites-flipping-the-bird Lite-Brite-style signs on bridges were actually bombs. :lol:

That was some good stuff. If it's not an American flag it's a bomb! Oglethorpe is one of my favorite characters ever created.

Oglethorpe: I have an amazing plan to betray our new friend. Ahahaha!
Emory: I thought the plan was to barbecue with him.
Oglethorpe: Plans are for fools! When he gets here, we melt him and laugh on into the night!

nah man, can barely remember last week these days :D

Someone (aherm) that seems to have made their way back to the forum (aherm) had a quote from himself in his sig. Something about that whole "patting yourself on the back for your own opinions/predictions" thing I find in bad taste. Thus, my sig line was born. (Patting yourself on the back for surreptitiously calling someone else out for patting themselves on the back is much cooler and thus acceptable.:cool: )

Again I must say: Genetics. :(

I increased the file size limit (your image if 200-300k should be fine), and increased the dimension restriction for signatures. It's now a width of 700 and height of 300. I noticed Yours and Joosers current sigs are exactly 100px in height so the forum is resizing it automatically to fit the restrictions which is a good thing.

If you re-upload & update your signature again, it should be the new dimension 700x300

l

I believe it's working now. Awesome. I feel like I just used Extenze...or some such product that I would obviously know nothing about.

Also, I don't recall the multi-quote option on the old board. It's very helpful and super-awesomez!

steelz09
03-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Yes,

The multi-quote option is pretty sweet. There's a few more goodies out there like:

Advanced Editor - More convenient than the old
Multi-Quote - Much easier than the old forum
Quick Reply - A lot faster and convenient
Facebook Connect - Connect your forum account to your facebook account
Social Media Bookmarks (located near the footer) - You can share articles, posts, etc
Facebook Like Buttons - Enough said :)
You can publish your posts / replies to facebook via the "Publish to Facebook" checkbox.

Lebsteel
03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
First day I have the time to reset password, read the nearly illegible "secret" words, go to my email, back to PlanetSteelers, reset password...blah, blah. Thanks to the admins for all their hard work and the effort to make this a better place to share our Steeler thoughts!

Ghost
03-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Kind of odd sig thing - I've got the picture on photobucket and I added the url in settings, add image. When I am in settings there is a section that says - Your current Signature Picture - it shows the pic from photobucket. But when on Preview Signature, it only shows the URL and not the actual oicture. No pic in the sig when I post either. I'm sure it's user error but not sure why it shows my current sig as the pic but nowhere else?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I guess this might be a dumb question ... but did there used to be a lot more "Gold" writing in the old one? It looks more "white" than "Gold". I guess the font was always white so I'm not quite sure what makes me think so, but it definitely seems like there is less "Gold" on the pages.

NJ-STEELER
03-13-2012, 01:13 AM
not sure where to ask this or if t was already covered in this thread (didnt feel like reading 12 pages)

but, is there an option to click a link and see what topics you posted in like there was on the old board?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Also, I'm going blind probably, but can someone point out where the "Preview Your Post" button is please?

NC Steeler Fan
03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Sigh.

I'll probably be in "reading" mode from here on out. I barely have time to post during the day as it is, much less figure out the new bells and whistles...at least you guys will keep it entertaining!