PDA

View Full Version : BA to Indy is now very perplexing

Djfan
03-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Their front line is worse than ours, and a rookie QB, all in the hands of Bruce A.

It made sense to me when it looked like BA was just Peyton's assistant, but now?

I don't get it.

Doogie36
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I must be blind or just love me some BA but all i do is still think back to the CLEVELAND BROWNS playoff game vs US. Who the heck were the BROWNS WR's and QB that year?

What did they repeat on NATIONAL television last year about the Steelers opening drives and their success? Who scripted those opening drives?

COuld it be that BEN got a bit too big on himself like Bradshaw did about calling their own plays? Is that why Ben wanted him back so badly? That freedom from a boss? I think sooo!!!!

Scripted BA is good and is proven to be successful. A rookie QB and some young WR's will be exactly what BA needs to take control back in the huddle and to call a good game!!!!!!!!!

It's always easy to bash BA when it came to the Steelers offense but much of the blame still rests on #7. Love him but he can also take 50% of the blame for the bad play calling! Why didnt #7 reach out to the OC right away? Why? because he wants to be in charge of this team and is going to have hard time accepting the voice of another OC. This is why the ROONEY's wanted BA gone!! #7 needs to be held in check a little!!!!

BA will do good things in Indy and the thought of us having Haley makes me extremely NERVOUS and WORRIED!

I'm sure i'm the only one who feels this way but i'd take a BA script anyday of the week.

Slapstick
03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
BA worked with Pagano in Cleveland...

Pagano saw what BA did with Kelly Holcomb and saw that they were probably one dropped pass away from beating the Steelers in the 2002 playoffs...

Then, he saw Bruce's two SB rings...

Doogie36
03-07-2012, 11:08 AM
What makes BIG BEN great is the "IT" factor. Watch the Superbowl years again and watch the tapes!!! We can all sit here and pick a few plays where it just made the difference. Those plays were NOT scripted by BA or #7. They just happened!

You can't coach that! You can't set a gameplan for it either!

What BA did in Cleveland and what he did for our opening drives is why he's a good OC. He will regain control and his gameplan will be followed and executed by the young QB.

BIG BEN did win us a Superbowl while being held in check by a OC! He wasnt allowed to talk to the media in 2005. He had the worst QB rating of any QB in a Superbowl but what did he do that wasnt scripted to help us win? QB sneak late in the game to ice it!! Bettis was suppose to get the ball. The Scramble left and wait and wait and just chuck it up in the air and thank god Hines caught the ball. The QB dive that probably wasnt a TD!!!! He's an off script QB and we love him for it!!!!!!!! He's a true street baller who wins!!!!!!! Other teams arent as lucky and will enjoy the luxury of having a BA as their OC!!!

Shawn
03-07-2012, 11:08 AM
BA worked with Pagano in Cleveland...

Pagano saw what BA did with Kelly Holcomb and saw that they were probably one dropped pass away from beating the Steelers in the 2002 playoffs...

Then, he saw Bruce's two SB rings...

Agreed. I believe BA's rep around the league is significantly better than it is on this MB.

birtikidis
03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Doogie, with having a qb like ours, we should be top ten every year in scoring. only once with BA did we break that mark. and twice we weren't in the top 20. I kinda think you're blind.
YEAR=TOTAL YARDS=SCORING

2007=17th=tie 9th (24.6 ppg)

2008=22nd=20th (21.7 ppg)

2009=7th=12th (23.0 ppg)

2010=14th=12th (23.4 ppg)

2011=12th=21st (20.3 ppg)

Dee Dub
03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Arians leaving the Steelers was a Steeler decision not an Arians decision. But...Luck ran offensively at Stanford more of what Arians does than what Manning ran as a Colt.

grotonsteel
03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
BA was not that bad an OC as people make him out to be. You just don't win two SB rings by being horrible OC. He may not be Kubiak or sean payton but he did few good things like moving the ball (20-20), ball control.

BA's Achilles Heel was Red-Zone offense and he was never able to improve RZ offense.

Indy does not like to run the ball anyway so Colts fan won't have issues when BA is airing the ball out.

Slapstick
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Bruce was 1-1 as OC in SBs...

He was WR Coach during SB XL...

LeBeau is 2-2 as DC in SBs, counting XXX...

birtikidis
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM

lebeau was the DB coach in 1995 not the DC

Doogie36
03-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont see how BA is the blame for the redzone! I mean you either have the talent to score you dont! Mendy isnt a good Goal Line guy! Our LIne isnt good at pushing a pile!!!!!!!! Our WR's arent that TALL and able to leap!

Still need the talent level to score in the redzone!!! Lots of teams have this very same issue! We sure didnt have this issue when we had JEROME! Instead we had issues moving the ball inside the 20's. LOL

I coached pee wee football! I couldnt get our LINE to move forward to save my life! That wasn't my fault!! I told them to try, i practiced the **** out of them, and I ran plays behind our only big KID! It's all i could do! Give me 5 BIG KIDS and I woudl be leading the league in scoring too as a coach! You work with what you got! We didnt have REDZONE GUYS! This just in!! WE STILL DONT!!!!

Ben will never be a 400 yard passing type guy! ANother myth of people thinking he's amazing because he is amazing! The truth is he's amazing at STREET BALL! He's not a pocket guy and never will be! Not a guy who will just rip you apart!! He's good when he's at a disadvantage! When he can scramble and extend plays, when he can run the ball, run the no huddle, or just go out and chuck it up!!!!!!!!!

I love BEN but i love him for who he is!!! BA allowed Ben too much control and the Rooneys had enough! Time to bring BEN down a notch and by handcuffing him will make him worse IMO! Redzone issues will be a think of the past!!! An ineffective BEN inside the 20's will be the new thing to complain about this year.

BA took the heat and now we will realize what he actually did bring to the table. I'm extremely worried!!!

Jooser
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:lol:

Slapstick
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM

LeBeau was DC in 1995...that was his first year at DC after Capers left for Carolina...

Capers was DC for Cowher's first three seasons: '92, '93 and '94...

Starlifter
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm at work and don't have time to check - but didn't BA help with the development of peyton at the start of his career? It's possible the organization wants him to do a repeat with andrew luck.

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm at work and don't have time to check - but didn't BA help with the development of peyton at the start of his career? It's possible the organization wants him to do a repeat with andrew luck.

Arians was Peyton's QB coach for his first 3 years in the NFL (19982000).

Doogie36
03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL @ !!!!!!!!!

I just have a very bad ! habit! LOL see did it again.

Chavezz
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
We'll see how much the Colts love him in short yardage situations and he has an empty backfield.

We'll see how much they love him when he turns dallas clark into a the full back.

Etc...

Doogie36
03-07-2012, 02:02 PM
I can care less how much the colts love or hate him. I only worry about whether or not we'll miss him.

hawaiiansteel
03-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I can care less how much the colts love or hate him. I only worry about whether or not we'll miss him.

Ben might miss him but I know I won't and I don't believe the Steelers' 21st ranked scoring offense will either...

birtikidis
03-07-2012, 02:15 PM

LeBeau was DC in 1995...that was his first year at DC after Capers left for Carolina...

My b, that's what i get for referencing wiki. :HeadBanger

Snatch98
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
It's possible that I'm one of the few that saw things this way BUT I always expected Peyton to get cut. Number 1 overall selection and a roster that is actually in pretty iffy shape. They axed Polian, Caldwell. I'm honestly a bit surprised people actually expected Manning to be a part of the team after they drafted Luck. He's obviously pretty old now, not Favre old but old AND a injury risk. Him getting released has always been a forgone conclusion and I expected BA to be working with Luck and Painter specifically.

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
It's possible that I'm one of the few that saw things this way BUT I always expected Peyton to get cut. Number 1 overall selection and a roster that is actually in pretty iffy shape. They axed Polian, Caldwell. I'm honestly a bit surprised people actually expected Manning to be a part of the team after they drafted Luck. He's obviously pretty old now, not Favre old but old AND a injury risk. Him getting released has always been a forgone conclusion and I expected BA to be working with Luck and Painter specifically.

You are not one of the few...pretty much everyone knew this day was coming.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-07-2012, 03:16 PM
BIG BEN did win us a Superbowl while being held in check by a OC! ... He wasnt allowed to talk to the media in 2005. He had the worst QB rating of any QB in a Superbowl but what did he do that wasnt scripted to help us win? QB sneak late in the game to ice it!! Bettis was suppose to get the ball. The Scramble left and wait and wait and just chuck it up in the air and thank god Hines caught the ball. The QB dive that probably wasnt a TD!!!! He's an off script QB and we love him for it!!!!!!!! He's a true street baller who wins!!!!!!! Other teams arent as lucky and will enjoy the luxury of having a BA as their OC!!!

This must not be allowed to stand!
At work, so can't post the youtube showing ball clearly over the line, but let's not go there again after all these years ... it was a TD!

Sorry Doogie36, nothing personal :D :Beer :Cheers

feltdizz
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Wow :shock:

I 'm a bit surprised that you think you were one of the few...

There wasn't one person on Earth who thought Peyton was going to stay a Colt.

fezziwig
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Nope, I thought Peyton was toast.

BA sucked. If you want to blame Ben for doing his own thing after the scripted play calls of the first quarter or what then, so be it. If Ben is the one screwing things up then, it's Arians fault too. He should be coaching him correctly.

I wish that Haley could have had some of the talent and youth that Arians has wasted.

All the talent on the offense and defense and Arians didn't kknow how to use it to his advantage.

I don't know how many times that stupid ****er called the same plays over and over that wouldn't work but then, get away from the plays that did work.

As for the Steelers doing well at the start of the games and then being so, so the rest of the way............that just goes to show defenses make changes and Arians couldn't.

I would have paid for his ticket out of town if asked.

Snatch98
03-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Wow :shock:

I 'm a bit surprised that you think you were one of the few...

There wasn't one person on Earth who thought Peyton was going to stay a Colt.

I should have worded my initial post better. I know I'm not one of the few but it certainly feels that way with the uproar I'm seeing from a bunch of other people i know. You'd be shocked at how many Colts fans are "shocked" at this move like it hasn't been a forgone conclusion for the last 2 months. One guy i know that claims he's a diehard Colts fan. He does live in Indy said he's "DONE with the colts because they cut Manning" and now the media is saying "Is this a mistake" like they didn't know it's been in the works for a while. Others saying "like father like son" because old man Irsay got rid of Unitas and now the son is getting rid of Manning. It's all pretty crazy. I certainly know I wasn't one of the few on this message board as it's been all but a done deal in most of our eyes. The OP post also was delivered in a "I'm surprised" manner. B.A was never going to Indy to Coach Manning.

pfelix73
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Who was the starting FB in Indy last year? He'll be unemployed ASAP, so maybe we can sign him...
Good riddens to that loser- BA- lol- good luck in Indy- you're gonna need it...

:tt1

Djfan
03-07-2012, 05:40 PM
The OP post also was delivered in a "I'm surprised" manner. B.A was never going to Indy to Coach Manning.

I thought Peyton was gone, too. Then they hired BA, and the only reason I could think it was a good idea was because Peyton was the OC there, and BA would be a clip board holder for him.

I really think that BA is a disaster and am very glad he's gone. As an assistant to Peyton it makes sense to have BA. But under no other reason does it make sense to me.

Save the "he's not as bad as you say" stuff. I just don't believe that. Can't. Won't.

fezziwig
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Are the Indy fans excited that BA is apart of the coaching staff ?

Slapstick
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey, I'm not saying that BA isn't as bad as you think...Chuck Pagano is...

As for Manning, I knew that there was no way that Irsay would pay him $28 million after a season where he never played a down and not when his future is in doubt...no way...

pittpete
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Hank Poteat enough said

Ahhh who am I kidding...
If they would have ran the ball with an ounce of success they would have locked that game up.
I was at that game and fainted when Fu ran it in.
Thank god my brother caught me...

feltdizz
03-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I should have worded my initial post better. I know I'm not one of the few but it certainly feels that way with the uproar I'm seeing from a bunch of other people i know. You'd be shocked at how many Colts fans are "shocked" at this move like it hasn't been a forgone conclusion for the last 2 months. One guy i know that claims he's a diehard Colts fan. He does live in Indy said he's "DONE with the colts because they cut Manning" and now the media is saying "Is this a mistake" like they didn't know it's been in the works for a while. Others saying "like father like son" because old man Irsay got rid of Unitas and now the son is getting rid of Manning. It's all pretty crazy. I certainly know I wasn't one of the few on this message board as it's been all but a done deal in most of our eyes. The OP post also was delivered in a "I'm surprised" manner. B.A was never going to Indy to Coach Manning.

I'm not sure how anyone could think BA was going to the Colts to coach Peyton after 4 neck surgeries, 28 mill and Luck as the obvious #1 choice.

I think some people think so little of BA they can't fathom a team wanting him to mentor the Luck.

Slapstick
03-07-2012, 09:20 PM

My b, that's what i get for referencing wiki. :HeadBanger

If it makes you feel better, I screwed up, too...

LeBeau is 2-3 in SBs..

Cincy in 1989...

hawaiiansteel
03-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I think some people think so little of BA they can't fathom a team wanting him to mentor the Luck.

I wouldn't call Luck lucky to have Brucie as his first NFL OC...

Djfan
03-07-2012, 10:29 PM

I wouldn't call Luck lucky to have Brucie as his first NFL OC...

I am not an NFL professional. No one from the league calls me for advice. Apart from the boards and FB, I publish no football info.

Still, I thing so little of BA that I can't fathom a team wanting him to mentor the Luck.

Really. He may have been good once, and I really wouldn't know when, but if so I think that he is not now. Maybe Indy will revitalize him. Maybe Indy will open my eyes to my errors. Still, I think he is remedial at best, and lame consistently. Nothing personal against the man. I hope his life is very full and amazing. I just am VERY glad he is gone from the Steelers, and think Luck will suffer for BA being there.

fezziwig
03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
First impression of BA to me if I had to give a read on him, " I bet he's a nice person and would make a good friend. "

To suggest he is sometype of genius or a go to guy on how to develope a young QB or any QB for that matter is a laugh. Manning is good because Manning has talent.
A good OC doesn't allow his quarterback to get raped each game, each season by the defenses.

A good OC that felt his o -line was doing poorly wouldn't have an injured QB wing it 40 times a game or not to allow the o-line or running game help with a fullback.

Mr. Rooney had enough of his douchebaggery and I'm thankful for that.

The great possibilities this Steeler team/teams could have had with their offensive talents during the BA era went out the window.

Someone once posted BA's coaching stats from college to the pros and I can't beleive we or anyone would have given him a job.

His record reads like a demons resume.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I think that many of the highly criticized Steelers coaches of the past have a much better reputation leaguewide than within Steeler Nation.

I would bet that Indy considers this a coup to have a coach as accomplished as Arians......not saying that they are right, but one of the benefits and curses of being a Steelers fan is that often our worst is still better than the other guys best.

fezziwig
03-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I think that many of the highly criticized Steelers coaches of the past have a much better reputation leaguewide than within Steeler Nation.

I would bet that Indy considers this a coup to have a coach as accomplished as Arians......not saying that they are right, but one of the benefits and curses of being a Steelers fan is that often our worst is still better than the other guys best.

except when we're talking about BA.

feltdizz
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM

I would use the I agree con but I can't find it...

Indy scooped up BA in a hurry so they definitely felt like they got a steal.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Indy is going to the Super Bowl and BA will be showered with numerous head coaching offers...just you haters wait and see...

(Don't know where the little LOL smilies are, or I would paste a row of them here.)

feltdizz
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
First impression of BA to me if I had to give a read on him, " I bet he's a nice person and would make a good friend. "

To suggest he is sometype of genius or a go to guy on how to develope a young QB or any QB for that matter is a laugh. Manning is good because Manning has talent.
A good OC doesn't allow his quarterback to get raped each game, each season by the defenses.

A good OC that felt his o -line was doing poorly wouldn't have an injured QB wing it 40 times a game or not to allow the o-line or running game help with a fullback.

Mr. Rooney had enough of his douchebaggery and I'm thankful for that.

The great possibilities this Steeler team/teams could have had with their offensive talents during the BA era went out the window.

Someone once posted BA's coaching stats from college to the pros and I can't beleive we or anyone would have given him a job.

His record reads like a demons resume.

I guess BA needs to find a cripple and make him into a QB to convince people he is a legit coach. Maybe the NFL is forcing teams to hire BA when they have a QB with talent to hide how horrible he is? It's a conspiracy.

fezziwig
03-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Indy is going to the Super Bowl and BA will be showered with numerous head coaching offers...just you haters wait and see...

(Don't know where the little LOL smilies are, or I would paste a row of them here.)

I know, we threw a real pearl out to the swines when the Steelers let him go. Many got their underware in a bunch when they learned Art II made the call on letting BA go. I highly doubt Art II didn't bounce off his opinion about the release of Arians with Kevin Colbert prior to them dumping Arians. I'm sure Kevin felt that, Arians wasn't getting the most from the talented players that he had worked for the Steelers to maintain and for sure Art felt the same way. We/they saw first hand for many seasons that the best Arians could do was be average and ranked 21 isn't even near average.

Glad Arians is gone, long over due and now he is the Colts problem.

feltdizz
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I think Steeler fans are going to be in for a real surprise when talking heads start gushing over BA's offense with Andrew Luck at QB.

I don't think BA is some genius or the best there is at OC but he damn sure isn't as bad as some fans make him out to be.