PDA

View Full Version : Ok there is a possibilty that....

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

Chadman
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

You might get a laugh out of this DD, but Chadman would actually take Hightower over Glenn...

One word Chadman doesn't like to hear in relation to high draft picks is 'inconsistant'- and that word gets bandied about on Glenn a fair bit. add to that- the draft is "middle heavy" for value at OG- the drop off from a 1st/2nd round OG to a 3rd/4th/5th round OG isn't as steep as in other positions. There might be better value had later on.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
..and I guess if we get Glenn his nickname would be "Ginormous Magnificence"?? :roll:

:lol:

isonator07
03-06-2012, 08:18 PM

:Clap I hope your right DD. Cordy Glenn would be a great addition.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM

You might get a laugh out of this DD, but Chadman would actually take Hightower over Glenn...

One word Chadman doesn't like to hear in relation to high draft picks is 'inconsistant'- and that word gets bandied about on Glenn a fair bit. add to that- the draft is "middle heavy" for value at OG- the drop off from a 1st/2nd round OG to a 3rd/4th/5th round OG isn't as steep as in other positions. There might be better value had later on.

Yeah...you can take it to the bank, those 'inconsistent' remarks are way off. I saw every game this past year and he was dominate. Same thing at the Senior Bowl and was very impressive at the combine.

And forget guard, he's a tackle all the way.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM

:Clap I hope your right DD. Cordy Glenn would be a great addition.

I'm not saying it is going to happen but some strange things are happening since the combine.

Chadman
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
..and I guess if we get Glenn his nickname would be "Ginormous Magnificence"?? :roll:

It's entirely possible that you will now get credited for Glenn's nickname, if drafted by the Steelers...

Chadman
03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":uhsd75dk]...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

Yeah...you can take it to the bank, those 'inconsistent' remarks are way off. I saw every game this past year and he was dominate. Same thing at the Senior Bowl and was very impressive at the combine.

And forget guard, he's a tackle all the way.[/quote:uhsd75dk]

Will take your word for it- only going on reports for Glenn.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2012, 08:26 PM

It's entirely possible that you will now get credited for Glenn's nickname, if drafted by the Steelers...

At this point, anything is better than Chris "Juicy" Kemoeatu or Rashard "Delicious" Mendenhall.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 08:29 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1gx1ij6t]...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

Will take your word for it- only going on reports for Glenn.[/quote:1gx1ij6t]

Mayock who originally had him as a guard, since his stellar performances at the Senior Bowl and Combine, admitted he had to go back and watch his tape...and now has him as his top 5 OT.

But bank on it..by draft time he will have him ahead of Michael Adams.

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2012, 08:42 PM
[quote=Chadman][quote="Dee Dub":2gjltw63]...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

Will take your word for it- only going on reports for Glenn.[/quote:2gjltw63]

Mayock who originally had him as a guard, since his stellar performances at the Senior Bowl and Combine, admitted he had to go back and watch his tape...and now has him as his top 5 OT.

But bank on it..by draft time he will have him ahead of Michael Adams.[/quote:2gjltw63]

:Agree Adams is a mountain of a man, but he can't even put up 20 reps at 225?

Mo_Steel
03-06-2012, 10:08 PM
This could be good for us. Not liking the 24th slot much. So much depth at some of the spots we need yet the slim positions of need won't be there at 24. I think that tackle at Senior Bowl would be a nice selection. :Agree

Mo_Steel
03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
This could be good for us. Not liking the 24th slot much. So much depth at some of the spots we need yet the slim positions of need won't be there at 24. I think that tackle at Senior Bowl would be a nice selection. :Agree

birtikidis
03-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Being an SEC guy, I also don't think he's inconsistent. I think he struggled at times this year, playing a new position and all would explain that. I do think he can play LT in the NFL, though he's no where near Kalils level. I like Hightower mainly bc we are returning our two guards from last year and there's not as big of a gap agewise. Saying that though, we've spent a lot of 1st round picks on the defensive side of the ball lately and I feel that it's time to go big and ugly on the o-line.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
If Decastro is gone and Glenn is still there...I would feel Glenn is the pick.

steelblood
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":uunwdcro]...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

And forget guard, he's a tackle all the way.[/quote:uunwdcro]

First, I'm with you. I'd love to get Glenn at 24. He can start at guard or tackle as a rookie. That said, I saw several of his games too. I would not say he was dominant against Boise State. Some of the issues were miscommunications, but he was also beaten more than he should have been. Other than that game, I thought he had a fantastic season.

Dee Dub
03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1zogobpr]...Cordy Glenn may be there at 24. There are some crazy things going on that has the likes of Dontari Poe jumping into the top 15 (some now have him in the top 10), Michael Brockers moving into the top 15, Ryan Tannehill moving into the top 15, Fletcher Cox moving into the top 20, and possible reaches on Rueben Randle, Devin Still, Janoris Jenkins, Stephen Hill, Josh Robinson, etc., could have Glenn being there at 24. And if that is the case...sign me up. I would put him above Dont'a Hightower at #24.

First, I'm with you. I'd love to get Glenn at 24. He can start at guard or tackle as a rookie. That said, I saw several of his games too. I would not say he was dominant against Boise State. Some of the issues were miscommunications, but he was also beaten more than he should have been. Other than that game, I thought he had a fantastic season.[/quote:1zogobpr]

Yeah Blood we've discussed this Boise game a million times. It was his very first game at LT. Look at what he did from that point on. :D Since he has only played one season at LT could you imagine where he may be after a few years at that position?

I see greatness...if someone will give him a chance there.

Northern_Blitz
03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
If a guy who was rated highly because he is good at football drops because another guy who is not as good at football rises because he runs fast, I would enjoy picking the former player.

If was making a draft board, I would rate college play much higher than combine performance (excluding interviews). I would then smile when another team picks the players that look "great in T-shirts & shorts" (or should I say Under Armour with build in accelerometers).

Eddie Spaghetti
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
if we somehow come away with glenn and ta'amu with our 1st two picks, I would be ecstatic.

maybe not realistic, but nice to think about.

RuthlessBurgher
03-07-2012, 04:31 PM
if we somehow come away with glenn and ta'amu with our 1st two picks, I would be ecstatic.

That's about 700 lbs. of Grade A USDA Prime Beef right there. :mrgreen:

Oviedo
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM

:Agree I do think it could be realistic

pfelix73
03-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Put me down as not thinking they will be drafting an OL in round 1. More need elsewhere- plus- Chadman is right. They can get a OG in round 2 or 3 considering the depth there. Poe> Hightower> Glenn

:tt1

Eddie Spaghetti
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
glenn seems to offer everything colbert/tomlin look for in a 1st rounder.

big time program, big time production, positional flexibility.

heck, grab another OG in round 3.

Shawn
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
If Cordy Glen is there, it's a done deal.

Shawn
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I read the name Adams. He is a hot button for me. Mammoth LT, very athletic and has no mean streak and is lazy. I wouldn't draft him in the 3rd.

hawaiiansteel
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
If Cordy Glen is there, it's a done deal.

:Agree

RuthlessBurgher
03-08-2012, 12:13 AM
glenn seems to offer everything colbert/tomlin look for in a 1st rounder.

big time program, big time production, positional flexibility.

heck, grab another OG in round 3.

Cordy Glenn, Alameda Ta'Amu, Brandon Brooks...that would be a big, ugly first couple days of the draft!

ikestops85
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
If a guy who was rated highly because he is good at football drops because another guy who is not as good at football rises because he runs fast, I would enjoy picking the former player.

If was making a draft board, I would rate college play much higher than combine performance (excluding interviews). I would then smile when another team picks the players that look "great in T-shirts & shorts" (or should I say Under Armour with build in accelerometers).

I think you are talking about the Taylor Mays effect. :)