PDA

View Full Version : FA RB

Mister Pittsburgh
03-04-2012, 01:01 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7641108

This guys value has to be about as low as it can get at this point. We might be looking for a RB to tandem up with Redman. You guys think if Hillis was cheap enough that there could be a fit here in Pittsburgh?

If not, do you think we will just go with Redman, Dwyer, Clay, Batch, Spann until Mendy is healthy? Maybe look for a mid to late round sleeper?

Oviedo
03-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Hillis won't be cheap. That was the source of his problems in Clev. He wants lots more money.

steelblood
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Dude is a bit of a head case.

SteelBucks
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I strongly believe the Steelers will pick up a veteran RB to pair up with Redman, especially with Mendenhall likely beginning the season on the PUP list. I don't want Hillis....Michael Bush is on my wish list. He may be a bit of a long shot but he would look great in the Black and Gold.

NorthCoast
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM

Agreed steelblood. He would be a stud pickup for the Steelers, but he has issues. If only we knew whether it was with Cleveland management and not something else.

pfelix73
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
How about David Wilson? :stirpot

:tt1

aggiebones
03-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I think we go in to camp as is. There always loose RBs floating around late in camp if we need to upgrade over Clay/Dwyer or Batch isn't ready. We won't find someone better than Mendy or Redman, but we could upgrade the backup later.
But I think they truly want to push Clay and Dwyer in preseason games to find out what they really are.

rockonsteel
03-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I think we go in to camp as is. There always loose RBs floating around late in camp if we need to upgrade over Clay/Dwyer or Batch isn't ready. We won't find someone better than Mendy or Redman, but we could upgrade the backup later.
But I think they truly want to push Clay and Dwyer in preseason games to find out what they really are.

Redman is a good back. Not sure I like him as my fulltime starter, though. His running style also will lead to more wear and tear with more carries.

Neither Dwyer or Clay move my meter much at all. I would like to pick up another back ot two somewhere along the way. I'd even look at taking one in the middle rounds.

And I guess I am remiss for not mentioning B. Batch as a wildcard in this.

Rockon

feltdizz
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Agreed steelblood. He would be a stud pickup for the Steelers, but he has issues. If only we knew whether it was with Cleveland management and not something else.

It's Hillis.. dude is on his 3rd agent. He sounds like a guy who is trying to cash in on 1 good year and instead of showing he wasn't a 1 hit wonder he screwed it up.

I keep trying to tell people the Madden Curse is real :stirpot

D Rock
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM

It's Hillis.. dude is on his 3rd agent. He sounds like a guy who is trying to cash in on 1 good year and instead of showing he wasn't a 1 hit wonder he screwed it up.

I keep trying to tell people the Madden Curse is real :stirpot

The Madden Curse is real, and it is strong.

But even the Madden Curse is not strong enough to beat out The Curse Of Playing For The Cleveland Browns.

Sorry, but no credit to Madden on this one.