PDA

View Full Version : All these Moves!!!

AkronSteel
03-03-2012, 11:29 AM
As much as it hurts to see some of the Steelers, who have led us to our decade of glory and sitting at or near the top of the NFL mountain go. It was a necessary evil. This team was in a spot where they needed to turn the page. It isn't fun and a lot of times it isn't always fair but it's the way of the world. I, for one, am glad to see the Steelers make the moves they have made over the last 5 days. It's time for the young bucks like Wallace, Brown, BB, Pouncey, Woodley, Heyward, Timmons and many more to lead the team into the future, just as Hines, Smitty, and Potsie have done for the last decade or so. It isn't fun to see your favorite players go but it is the step that needed to be made. Now get Wallace resigned and get our RFA's resigned and lets get to the draft. This year's draft is huge for where the Steeler organization will be headed for the next 5-10 years. Game one Boys!!!

A special thanks to Smitty, Hines, Potsie, and the others for their years of service and the leadership and skills that they have displayed!! You will always be Steelers in my heart!!! Godspeed to Canton!!!

Here We Go Steelers......Here We Go!!!!

:tt1 :tt2

isonator07
03-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Good post AS! Hines and Smitty were the classic case of overachievers. During the past season I thought to myself we kept some of the older guys to long. Looking back I'm not sure I was right. Sure they lost a step and had trouble staying on the field, but the knowledge and passion of an Aaron Smith working with Cam and Ziggy for one more year might prove to be priceless. Looking at the growth of our "Young Money" WR group, you would have to think Hines was a big part of what they've done.

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Good post AS! Hines and Smitty were the classic case of overachievers. During the past season I thought to myself we kept some of the older guys to long. Looking back I'm not sure I was right. Sure they lost a step and had trouble staying on the field, but the knowledge and passion of an Aaron Smith working with Cam and Ziggy for one more year might prove to be priceless. Looking at the growth of our "Young Money" WR group, you would have to think Hines was a big part of what they've done.

Very good point! As usual the Steeler brain trust proves themselves extraordinary.
Drink the kool-aid my friends.....