PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Must Win SuperBowl

flippy
03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
If you're gonna cut 2 of my all time favorites, you better make it worth my while. And you better do it this year.

Otherwise I'm gonna look back and wonder why you cut these guys and didn't let me enjoy them for one more season.

Winning a SuperBowl this season is the only thing that could possibly ease the change.

I now expect perfection and I'm holding Rooney/Tomlin accountable to bringing us #7. Now.

Let's go!!!!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
03-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Kemo was one of your alltime favorites?

:lol:

Chucktownsteeler
03-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I hate to see Ward go, but the others I really don't have a problem with. Aaron Smith has been out the lion's share of the past 2 season and Kemo was a liability. His knees are gone and his mentality was always suspect.

It should be every team's goal to win the Super Bowl every year.

I am going to temper my expectations a bit until I see what "Comet" Haley is going to bring to the table. This is the unknown. It is a bit of a catch-22. We all hope he does great and if he does I expect him to be offered a HC position with another team.

C-town

flippy
03-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Kemo was one of your alltime favorites?

:lol:

Nicely played ;)

flippy
03-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I hate to see Ward go, but the others I really don't have a problem with. Aaron Smith has been out the lion's share of the past 2 season and Kemo was a liability. His knees are gone and his mentality was always suspect.

I am going to temper my expectations a bit until I see what "Comet" Haley is going to bring to the table. This is the unknown. It is a bit of a catch-22. We all hope he does great and if he does I expect him to be offered a HC position with another team.

C-town

The pragmatic side of me accepts that Hines, Smitty, Farrior, Hoke, etc are no longer helping us on the field.

But come day 1 and the start of next season, there's a very different locker room. And I do worry the culture and attitude of this team takes a hit.

I'm sure Tomlin will do a good job with setting expectations that the standard is the standard. And young guys will emerge and step up.

But there's going to be a void in the locker room. And this is the season will be a coaching challenge like nothing he's experienced.

Chucktownsteeler
03-02-2012, 10:11 AM

C-town

The pragmatic side of me accepts that Hines, Smitty, Farrior, Hoke, etc are no longer helping us on the field.

But come day 1 and the start of next season, there's a very different locker room. And I do worry the culture and attitude of this team takes a hit.

I'm sure Tomlin will do a good job with setting expectations that the standard is the standard. And young guys will emerge and step up.

But there's going to be a void in the locker room. And this is the season will be a coaching challenge like nothing he's experienced.

Very good points. I never thought it would be the same when Brad and Rod left, let alone Jack Splat. One constant the Steelers had over the past few seasons or so was the veteran and locker-room leadership. However, for the most part, if you have paid attention to the past few drafts Tomlin has drafted well and also drafted "high character" players. This is going to pay dividends down the road.

I am interested to see what contributions Barron Batch and Cortez Allen (the real ChucktownSteeler) can make this year.

C-town

Oviedo
03-02-2012, 10:22 AM

C-town

Nerw leaders will emerge in the locker room. My experience is that most people hold back when there are other dominant personalities already in place. This opens the door for young guys to step up.

I would not be surprised to see Antonio Brown emerge as one of the future leaders. The kid has an insane work ethic and he is hungry to prove himself.

Eich
03-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure that Ward was necessarily a major locker room influence at this point anyway. We have plenty of veteran leaders: Ben, Harrison, Troy, Keisel, Clark.

2012 should be an interesting year. I think we'll do quite well if we can shore up that Offensive line. To me, that is the absolute number one key to success. Everything gets better if they get better

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
They made their run with old school last year and it was time to clean house. I for one feel very optimistic about the young talent inline to replace the Steeler greats that just left.

pick6
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I just wanted to see Hines pull a Santonio at the end of his last game, being the Superbowl. Can you imagine Hines stretching out in the endzone and snagging a game winner. It wouldn't be a dry eye on this board.