PDA

View Full Version : Kemo Released

grotonsteel
03-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Did not see any topic on this.

http://twitter.com/#!/willcolon74

Just got word My brother kemo Got released today, it breaks my hurt, He's was like blood to me it's truly a sad day for my family And me.

OG early in the draft.

Dee Dub
03-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow!! I gotta give it to the Steelers. They are recognizing that there is some house cleaning needed. Good job.

Just one more to go. :D

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Hadn't heard that yet...so much for waiting until June 1 to spread out the cap hit.

Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see.

BigRob
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Hadn't heard that yet...so much for waiting until June 1 to spread out the cap hit.

Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see.

They can designate it as a June 1st cut and go ahead and release him now.

Steelgal
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM

I've heard that as well, about Farrior via twitter feeds. Just got home, so don't know if there's any definate confirmation of it though. I guess I think Farrior has more left than Foote, so not sure I get that one.

pfelix73
03-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Well, I can see them re-signing some later in the year. Drop the $ now, sign back for less... Good plan.

:tt1

Dee Dub
03-01-2012, 08:07 PM
...Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see.

If this is true Ruthless, ya may wanna change your mock draft. :wink:

Yeah baby!! :tt2

anger 82&95
03-01-2012, 08:07 PM

I've heard that as well, about Farrior via twitter feeds. Just got home, so don't know if there's any definate confirmation of it though. I guess I think Farrior has more left than Foote, so not sure I get that one.
I just heard on ESPN radio that Farrior’s agent is confident that his client will be the next Steeler cut.

Dee Dub
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I just heard on ESPN radio that Farrior’s agent is confident that his client will be the next Steeler cut.

Can you say......Dont'a Hightower? You know I can. :lol:

Vindrow
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
About time...and that is a lot of dead weight gone :tt2

Eddie Spaghetti
03-01-2012, 08:59 PM
...Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see.

sorry dub, you're coming off a little unseemly here.

we all know you want your boy drafted, but jeez man.

RuthlessBurgher
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Funny how Hines and Aaron are getting all sorts of praise and well-wishes in their goodbye threads...Kemo on the other hand...don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! :lol:

Dee Dub
03-01-2012, 09:25 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]...Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see.

sorry dub, you're coming off a little unseemly here.

we all know you want your boy drafted, but jeez man.[/quote:5vygsxmm]

No..I'm just playin with Ruthless. I have no idea who the Steelers are going to draft. It's all in fun.

Chadman
03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Hines, Aaron Smith, Kemo & likely Farrior gone.

That's a lot of long-time Steelers right there.

End of an era..

As for this meaning Hightower in Round 1...Chadman reckons it means Foote gets an extension...maybe ILB drops off the early needs list? If Foote had been released instead of Farrior- may be thinking the other way around- but at 31, Foote has 3 years left you'd think.

Shoe
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Chadman is right. This signifies the "official" end of an era in Steeler football. Truth is, like Cowher leaving, the era ended a year earlier.

Alas, it's better than hanging on for another year and another year...

As to the sentiment to the players, Hines and others earned that sentiment. Kemo? Hey, I liked him when he was the serviceable player he was early on. But he burned the rest of his goodwill by his recent performance. It signaled a lack of preparedness and attention to detail (i.e. work ethic).

Chucktownsteeler
03-01-2012, 10:13 PM
hats off to Ward, Smith, and Farrior, but it is time.

Cutting Kemo a good move, wish we could cut Colon.

C-town

Dee Dub
03-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Chadman, Larry Foote is an average player at best. And maybe even a step below that. Why would you want this as the starting ILB for the Steelers? He is a good guy to have as back-up and one who can spell a starter a few snaps a game....but that's it.

The Steelers are in the process of shedding some guys who have come to the end of the line in their careers and yet we have some fans who want mediocrity at ILB?

Not me.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
oh, great.

another hightower thread.

Chucktownsteeler
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Looks to me that the Steelers will draft heavy this year on the defensive side of the ball, with the possible exception a guard in round 2.

We have a lot of holes to fill. I certainly wish the Steelers F.O. all the wisdom needed to make it a success.

C-town

SteelBucks
03-02-2012, 12:20 AM

Renegade is going to look different next season, that's for sure...no Farrior, no Hines.

hawaiiansteel
03-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Steelers boot Kemoeatu too

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 1, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/c-kemoeatu.jpg?w=250

The purge in Pittsburgh continues.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu will join wide receiver Hines Ward and defensive end Aaron Smith as veterans that the Steelers recently released, according to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Kemoeatu used to be a mauler in the run game, but he’s struggled with injuries and played at a declining level over the last few years. Pittsburgh has shed a lot of salary cap room over the last few weeks, but it won’t be enough to use the franchise tag on Mike Wallace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... oeatu-too/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/steelers-boot-kemoeatu-too/)

NJ-STEELER
03-02-2012, 02:03 AM
and as average as he is, larry foote was a starter at ILB in the 2 SB winds we've had recently

just saying

ikestops85
03-02-2012, 10:49 AM
and as average as he is, larry foote was a starter at ILB in the 2 SB winds we've had recently

just saying

Foote went to Detroit and played at a pretty high level. The only reason they released him was they had a lot of money invested in the rookie they drafted that year. Foote is a good, solid player.

Guys and Gals, we can't have superstars in every position. As we now see we can't afford it. We need players like Foote to fill in the gaps. There are a lot of worse LBs than Foote starting in this league.

Chadman
03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Actually, Foote will likely be an upgrade on 2011 version of James Farrior.

And it will allow the Steelers to focus their higher picks on other areas of need while drafting a prospect in the mid-rounds to learn behind Foote & Timmons.

Oviedo
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM

And it will allow the Steelers to focus their higher picks on other areas of need while drafting a prospect in the mid-rounds to learn behind Foote & Timmons.

I would hope Foote is no more than a 5-6 game placeholder for a rookie. He is not the answer.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Nothing but love to all of them. They will remain in my hearts forever.

And so the New Era Begins. I will tell you this...There is alot of young talent that have shown they are ready to roll. One step back through the offseason but full sprint ahead.

ikestops85
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM

I would hope Foote is no more than a 5-6 game placeholder for a rookie. He is not the answer.

The answer to what? We have 3 top tier linebackers. Foote fits in well with them. He is a solid player that knows the system. Let's look at some areas that we have holes in before we try and improve an area where we are already strong.

grotonsteel
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM

The answer to what? We have 3 top tier linebackers. Foote fits in well with them. He is a solid player that knows the system. Let's look at some areas that we have holes in before we try and improve an area where we are already strong.

+1

Steelers have given Harrison, Timmons and Woodley top dollars. We can get away with Foote for 2-3 years. Draft a young developmental ILB like Davis or Bradham in mid-rounds and let them take over Foote position in 2 years or so.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Ovi, some people just dont get it. There were people actually thinking Farrior would be the starter next year. Now they have switched to Foote. Different smell, same stench.

ILB is now priority number 1. We either move up to get Kuechly (in a Troy Polamalu move), or we stand pat to get Hightower.

And entering year 3, we still dont know if Stevenson Sylvester can cut it. No more mid to late round guys.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Solid? Are you kidding me? Solid is not getting blown backwards at the point of attack on a consistent basis.

How are the Steelers strong at the most important LB'er position on the team with Larry Foote and Stevenson Sylvester? I dont get it.

feltdizz
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Ovi, some people just dont get it. There were people actually thinking Farrior would be the starter next year. Now they have switched to Foote. Different smell, same stench.

ILB is now priority number 1. We either move up to get Kuechly (in a Troy Polamalu move), or we stand pat to get Hightower.

And entering year 3, we still dont know if Stevenson Sylvester can cut it. No more mid to late round guys.

Why wouldn't people think Farrior or Foote would stick around for one more year since we don't know if Sylvester can cut it?

Do you really think Hightower will get a ton of playing time his first year if we draft him?

Slapstick
03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
We know less about if Dont'a Hightower can cut it than we do about Stevenson Sylvester.

pfelix73
03-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Even before theses releases, the 2 biggest positions of need were NG and ILB.

I can see Hightower starting as the season goes along. He's the real deal.

There are bound to be some FA's that we'll bring in, so it should get interesting...

:tt1

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 02:26 PM

Why wouldn't people think Farrior or Foote would stick around for one more year since we don't know if Sylvester can cut it?

Do you really think Hightower will get a ton of playing time his first year if we draft him?

You are just trying to stir it up and get a rise out of me. I've got like 4 threads of Hightower and why I think he is the best pick for the Steelers and you ask this?

Let's count the reasons.

Farrior:
play last year dropped significantly to where he was actually hurting the team.
He would nearly 38 years old at the start of next season.
Steelers were way over the salary cap
Cutting him saved money towards that cap.

Foote:
Over the past couple of years has become no more than a gap filler
Liability in run support (gets driven back at the point of attack constantly).

Hightower has excelled already in a 3-4 zone blitz. He knows the system. Why wouldnt he come in and be able to start from day one? The reason for past rookies on defense not starting or contributing in year one was the acclamation to the 3-4. He doesnt have that problem.

ikestops85
03-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Solid? Are you kidding me? Solid is not getting blown backwards at the point of attack on a consistent basis.

How are the Steelers strong at the most important LB'er position on the team with Larry Foote and Stevenson Sylvester? I dont get it.

Sorry but Foote rarely got blown backwards at the point of attack. The guy is a good solid LBer and has a couple of years left in him. He is much more proven than any rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL is.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 02:29 PM
We know less about if Dont'a Hightower can cut it than we do about Stevenson Sylvester.

Not so. Sylvester was a 4-3 weak side LB coming to the Steelers. He has struggled learning the 3-4 zone blitz and change of position and base defense.

Hightower has already cut it in a 3-4 zone blitz. And he is a far greater talent than that of Mr. Sylvester. See their rankings in their respective drafts.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Sorry but Foote rarely got blown backwards at the point of attack. The guy is a good solid LBer and has a couple of years left in him. He is much more proven than any rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL is.

Funny..I guess we watch different games. So you are saying that Larry Foote is a big time run stuffer? Because to say he rarely gets blown backwards would indicate at the point of attack (versus guards and centers in the NFL), he is consistently stout?

You know that isnt true.

And when you say proven, is that just because he is on am NFL roster? He is a back ILB. What does that mean?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
[quote=Chadman]Actually, Foote will likely be an upgrade on 2011 version of James Farrior.

You are just trying to stir it up and get a rise out of me. I've got like 4 threads of Hightower and why I think he is the best pick for the Steelers and you ask this?

Let's count the reasons.

Farrior:

Foote:

Hightower has excelled already in a 3-4 zone blitz. He knows the system. Why wouldnt he come in and be able to start from day one? The reason for past rookies on defense not starting or contributing in year one was the acclamation to the 3-4. He doesnt have that problem.[/quote:1wenjy2v]

There is a learning curve in a system change. I would say the bigger reason for rookies not starting is the speed of the game and the complicated schemes in the NFL. College isn't NFL and Success in college doesn't translate to the NFL. We all know this and the risks involved in the draft because of that. Alot of weight is put on the all star games because that is as close as they get to seeing them play with NFL talent. That all being said, I think Hightower makes the transition well. I think depending where he goes he will start at some point in 2012. If Foote & Timmons are on this roster, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't get a helmet and be part of the rotation out of camp. He will need to grow on the field. I think it would happen and he may break the starting lineup by mid season. You hear the phrase "Paralysis by Analysis" and if you have to think on this level...Even the best athletes are a step late. When that is over...They can just play. I think the risk is pretty low that Hightower won't see the field. I also think the odds are pretty good he will unseat Foote before mid season.

feltdizz
03-02-2012, 02:53 PM
[quote=Chadman]Actually, Foote will likely be an upgrade on 2011 version of James Farrior.

Let's count the reasons.

Farrior:

Foote:

Hightower has excelled already in a 3-4 zone blitz. He knows the system. Why wouldnt he come in and be able to start from day one? The reason for past rookies on defense not starting or contributing in year one was the acclamation to the 3-4. He doesnt have that problem.[/quote:sensme8z]

I think the terminology and size of the playbook holds more players back than the transition from 4-3 to 3-4.

Oviedo
03-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Let's count the reasons.

Farrior:

Foote:

Hightower has excelled already in a 3-4 zone blitz. He knows the system. Why wouldnt he come in and be able to start from day one? The reason for past rookies on defense not starting or contributing in year one was the acclamation to the 3-4. He doesnt have that problem.[/quote:21u2pjw1]

You had me at "excel at 3-4 zone blitz!"

Too bad LeBeau has forgotten how to blitz his inside LBs.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
There is a learning curve in a system change.

It is nearly the same system from what Saban runs to what Lebeau runs. Terminolgy may be different but the systems are nearly the same.

I would say the bigger reason for rookies not starting is the speed of the game and the complicated schemes in the NFL. College isn't NFL and Success in college doesn't translate to the NFL.

Not true. Ever year there are rookies who come in and tear it up on defense in year one league wide.

Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Aldon Smith
J.J Watt
Ndamukong Suh
Jason Pierre-Paul
Eric Berry
Joe Haden
B.J. Raji
Brian Orakpo
Brian Cushing
Clay Matthews
James Laurinaitis
Jarious Bryd
Chris Long
Jared Mayo
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Rivas
Jon Beason
Curtis Lofton
DeMeco Ryans

This is just to name a few off the top of my head.

Eliminate the idea that 3-4 zone blitz is too complicated for a rookie to get for one who already has excelled at it in college, and there shouldn't be any reason why Hightower can't come in and start from day one. If given an honest chance to do so. :wink:

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I think the terminology and size of the playbook holds more players back than the transition from 4-3 to 3-4.

Really? Then why did all these guys not have a problem learning their playbook and terminology in their first NFL training camps?

Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Aldon Smith
J.J Watt
Ndamukong Suh
Jason Pierre-Paul
Eric Berry
Joe Haden
B.J. Raji
Brian Orakpo
Brian Cushing
Clay Matthews
James Laurinaitis
Jarious Bryd
Chris Long
Jared Mayo
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Rivas
Jon Beason
Curtis Lofton
DeMeco Ryans

Slapstick
03-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Not so. Sylvester was a 4-3 weak side LB coming to the Steelers. He has struggled learning the 3-4 zone blitz and change of position and base defense.

Hightower has already cut it in a 3-4 zone blitz. And he is a far greater talent than that of Mr. Sylvester. See their rankings in their respective drafts.

Ranking, schmankings...

You act as if there is no such thing as a draft bust...

Sylvester has already made the team and has actually played in the NFL...

Now, you can think as highly of Hightower as you want...watching him, I think he would be a good fit with the Steelers...

But, neither of us knows anything...

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Ranking, schmankings...

Now, you can think as highly of Hightower as you want...watching him, I think he would be a good fit with the Steelers...

Well if you wanna go on record as saying Hightower will be a bust then say it. I like to believe he is going to be an above average football player and quite possibly a star in the NFL.

If it's a case of you being afraid of the whole possible bust thing with all college football players then why draft anyone?

Sylvester still has not proven anything. Or actually he has..at this time he still isnt ready. He is on the roster only because they "think" he may pan out one day. So far going into year 3 he hasnt.

feltdizz
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Really? Then why did all these guys not have a problem learning their playbook and terminology in their first NFL training camps?

Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Aldon Smith
J.J Watt
Ndamukong Suh
Jason Pierre-Paul
Eric Berry
Joe Haden
B.J. Raji
Brian Orakpo
Brian Cushing
Clay Matthews
James Laurinaitis
Jarious Bryd
Chris Long
Jared Mayo
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Rivas
Jon Beason
Curtis Lofton
DeMeco Ryans

How many of these players had to learn Lebeau's playbook?

I never said rookies can't come in and dominate their first year... we've seen plenty of players on our offense come in and have an impact. It's the D where it's rarely if ever happened in the first year.

Hopefully we tweaked the DC as well and get these young guys on the field early but history shows that's not usually the case.

feltdizz
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
[quote=Slapstick]We know less about if Dont'a Hightower can cut it than we do about Stevenson Sylvester.

Ranking, schmankings...

Well if you wanna go on record as saying Hightower will be a bust then say it. I like to believe he is going to be an above average football player and quite possibly a star in the NFL.

If it's a case of you being afraid of the whole possible bust thing with all college football players then why draft anyone?

Sylvester still has not proven anything. Or actually he has..at this time he still isnt ready. He is on the roster only because they "think" he may pan out one day. So far going into year 3 he hasnt.[/quote:3n1d0s2h]

there is a difference between waiting and seeing vs crowning a guy who isn't on our team yet.

You did the same thing with Mendenhall... and thank goodness we didn't trade FWP like you suggested because Mendenhall was out in week 2.... and this was after fumbling about 5 times in the preseason.

I don't think anyone is trying to bust your balloon with Hightower but you are coming at anyone who isn't having a massive brilliance :D over the guy. Just because some people aren't sold on him or want to wait and see doesn't mean they expect him to be a bust.

I hope this Hightower kid lives up to the hype but the way you are talking I'm not sure it's possible.

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 04:04 PM
[quote=Slapstick]We know less about if Dont'a Hightower can cut it than we do about Stevenson Sylvester.

Ranking, schmankings...

Sylvester still has not proven anything. Or actually he has..at this time he still isnt ready. He is on the roster only because they "think" he may pan out one day. So far going into year 3 he hasnt.

there is a difference between waiting and seeing vs crowning a guy who isn't on our team yet.

You did the same thing with Mendenhall... and thank goodness we didn't trade FWP like you suggested because Mendenhall was out in week 2.... and this was after fumbling about 5 times in the preseason.

I don't think anyone is trying to bust your balloon with Hightower but you are coming at anyone who isn't having a massive brilliance :D over the guy. Just because some people aren't sold on him or want to wait and see doesn't mean they expect him to be a bust.

I hope this Hightower kid lives up to the hype but the way you are talking I'm not sure it's possible.[/quote:dl34qund]

Twisting my words again. I never suggested getting rid of Willie Parker. I simply said Mendenhall was the better back and he should start from day one. Just like I said about Ben over Tommie Maddox. Remember those days? :wink:

I am fine with keeping Larry Foote as well. But as a backup.

Slapstick
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM

Do you even read these posts? I'm already on record:

It's a simple case of me not assuming that I know what these players are going to do in the NFL...

Well, someone on the staff has faith in him. I don't know if you heard, but they just released James Farrior...

Dee Dub
03-02-2012, 04:24 PM
[quote=Dee Dub]Well if you wanna go on record as saying Hightower will be a bust then say it. I like to believe he is going to be an above average football player and quite possibly a star in the NFL.

Do you even read these posts? I'm already on record:

It's a simple case of me not assuming that I know what these players are going to do in the NFL...

Well, someone on the staff has faith in him. I don't know if you heard, but they just released James Farrior...[/quote:29tr1nkm]

I am not assuming anything. No one ever knows who will do what. I am simply stating that "I believe" Hightower will excel in the NFL. That is not an assumption.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Not true. Ever year there are rookies who come in and tear it up on defense in year one league wide.

Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Aldon Smith
J.J Watt
Ndamukong Suh
Jason Pierre-Paul
Eric Berry
Joe Haden
B.J. Raji
Brian Orakpo
Brian Cushing
Clay Matthews
James Laurinaitis
Jarious Bryd
Chris Long
Jared Mayo
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Rivas
Jon Beason
Curtis Lofton
DeMeco Ryans

Eliminate the idea that 3-4 zone blitz is too complicated for a rookie to get for one who already has excelled at it in college, and there shouldn't be any reason why Hightower can't come in and start from day one. If given an honest chance to do so. :wink:

The only similiarities between Saban's 3-4 & DL 3-4 is that..They are both 3-4. If you are telling me you watched Bama & the Steelers and you think they are the same defense then you aren't watching one like you say you are. Do you really think there will not be any growing pains trying to pick up DL defense for a rookie?

I never said a kid couldn't come in and play year 1 and if you read what I wrote I said I believe Hightower could. Your list has some high 1st rounders. In 2011 5 of the 16 defensive players taken didn't start from day 1. To compound the argument, defensive 1st rounders since 2000 (Hampton, Polamalu, Timmons, Hood, & Heyward) didn't start day 1. There are better players who came here that didn't. So where are you getting these absolute facts that Hightower is a lock to start day besides because you want him to? I don't see anything that would make anyone believe that.

feltdizz
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Twisting my words again. I never suggested getting rid of Willie Parker. I simply said Mendenhall was the better back and he should start from day one. Just like I said about Ben over Tommie Maddox. Remember those days? :wink:

Well maybe it wasn't you but DVSONE sure suggested it back in 2008 after we drafted Mendenhall...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=898&hilit=we+should+trade+FWP

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
The last mention of Chris Kemoeatu in this "Kemo Released" thread was two pages ago. It's not as if there is a lack of other Hightower threads where this stuff could be discussed. I swear if we actually end up drafting Dont'a Hightower, we've already got the perfect nickname for him, courtesy of Chadman..."Massive Brilliance" (and although he's an intelligent fella who is quite large, that's not why :wink: )

Chadman
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Woohoo! Chadman gets credited with a nickname!

For every "Hightower is awesome" topic, Chadman gives you a "Taylor Mays will be awesome" response.

Common thread on those 2 anyone?

Fact is, despite the iron-clad belief that Hightower is all that, there are still question marks on him.

Dee Dub
03-03-2012, 12:21 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":29u52d2c] Not true. Ever year there are rookies who come in and tear it up on defense in year one league wide.

Von Miller
Patrick Peterson
Aldon Smith
J.J Watt
Ndamukong Suh
Jason Pierre-Paul
Eric Berry
Joe Haden
B.J. Raji
Brian Orakpo
Brian Cushing
Clay Matthews
James Laurinaitis
Jarious Bryd
Chris Long
Jared Mayo
Patrick Willis
Darrelle Rivas
Jon Beason
Curtis Lofton
DeMeco Ryans

The only similiarities between Saban's 3-4 & DL 3-4 is that..They are both 3-4. If you are telling me you watched Bama & the Steelers and you think they are the same defense then you aren't watching one like you say you are. Do you really think there will not be any growing pains trying to pick up DL defense for a rookie?

I never said a kid couldn't come in and play year 1 and if you read what I wrote I said I believe Hightower could. Your list has some high 1st rounders. In 2011 5 of the 16 defensive players taken didn't start from day 1. To compound the argument, defensive 1st rounders since 2000 (Hampton, Polamalu, Timmons, Hood, & Heyward) didn't start day 1. There are better players who came here that didn't. So where are you getting these absolute facts that Hightower is a lock to start day besides because you want him to? I don't see anything that would make anyone believe that.[/quote:29u52d2c]

JPN..seriously...there are a lot of things you can do with a 3-4 zone blitz but in reality it's not like a millions things. It isnt like there are so many plays out of it that a player coming from another 3-4 zone blitz couldnt pick up. The Bama 3-4 is very similar to the LeBeau's in what they can run out of it. The only real significant difference is what LeBeau does with Troy. But that isnt something that would cause another 3-4 zone blitz player difficulties in picking up. The base is the base. You guys act like this is jet propolsion labatory stuff.

Dee Dub
03-03-2012, 12:32 AM

Well maybe it wasn't you but DVSONE sure suggested it back in 2008 after we drafted Mendenhall...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=898&hilit=we+should+trade+FWP

So that's what you got out of that thread? Discussing Parker's trade value and then saying....

"Now if some of you have really paid attention, I have advocated the trading of Willie Parker only....and I want to repeat only...if the Steelers can find a team who is desperate for a RB. And who here really would trade Willie Parker for a 1st or 2nd round pick? If Michael Bennett can go for a 4th rounder and Willis McGahee can go for a 3rd rounder than we can get more for Willie Parker."

I guess you over looked the word "only"? :roll:

Dee Dub
03-03-2012, 12:45 AM
The last mention of Chris Kemoeatu in this "Kemo Released" thread was two pages ago. It's not as if there is a lack of other Hightower threads where this stuff could be discussed. I swear if we actually end up drafting Dont'a Hightower, we've already got the perfect nickname for him, courtesy of Chadman..."Massive Brilliance" (and although he's an intelligent fella who is quite large, that's not why :wink: )

Ruthless you are one of the best poster on this board however as a moderator you are not very good at all. In fact you seem to ignore the rules and guidelines of this forum all the time. Here let me remind you...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12841 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12841)

There is no rule against going off topic. As long as it is Steeler talk. And you yourself are one of the biggest offenders of going off topic. Your comedy is hilarious and I enjoy it but is it any different than when I talk about something different in a specific thread? Or when others do it as well?

I get it...you dont particularly care for me. But so what? Who cares? I dont. But if you are going to be a moderator do it with some dignity. Be above the back and forth underhanded attacks. And if you are going to point out what I should do or not do make it be something that is in the board rules and make sure you do it with everyone...not just the posters you dont like.

And also in the Code of Conduct for this board there is a part about belittling others. You do this to me on a consistant basis. Now..I am a man and it really doesnt faze me. But it makes it hypocritical that there are rules and one its moderators are one of the biggest offenders. Ya know?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532)

Thanks.

Peace.

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Ruthless you are one of the best poster on this board however as a moderator you are not very good at all. In fact you seem to ignore the rules and guidelines of this forum all the time. Here let me remind you...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12841 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12841)

There is no rule against going off topic. As long as it is Steeler talk. And you yourself are one of the biggest offenders of going off topic. Your comedy is hilarious and I enjoy it but is it any different than when I talk about something different in a specific thread? Or when others do it as well?

I get it...you dont particularly care for me. But so what? Who cares? I dont. But if you are going to be a moderator do it with some dignity. Be above the back and forth underhanded attacks. And if you are going to point out what I should do or not do make it be something that is in the board rules and make sure you do it with everyone...not just the posters you dont like.

And also in the Code of Conduct for this board there is a part about belittling others. You do this to me on a consistant basis. Now..I am a man and it really doesnt faze me. But it makes it hypocritical that there are rules and one its moderators are one of the biggest offenders. Ya know?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=532)

Thanks.

Peace.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...am I coming off as some sort of scolding moderator here? That was not my intention at all. I'm a moderator when am I warning people or banning people...other than that, I'm just another poster like everyone else. If I had a problem with you as a moderator, I would let you know via PM for any official warnings concerning the Code of Conduct (but you have not broken any board rules as far as I am concerned, and therefore, I have had no reason to deal with you in a moderator capacity). I was merely pointing out, as a poster on this board, just as several other non-moderator posters have, how saying the same thing in thread after thread after thread gets tiresome. I have nothing against you whatsoever. You are a knowledgeable poster who adds to this board...I enjoy having you on here. When others have followed a similar pattern of repeating the same stuff everywhere ad nauseum (like my pal Oviedo with his seemingly endless "Saint" LeBeau bashing once upon a time), I called him out on it in a respectful way, but simply as another member of this forum and not as an official moderator or anything (similar to how Hawaiiansteel was pointing out to you how all of the new threads last week concerned Hightower, Hightower, and more Hightower). Everyone takes threads on tangents every now and then (whether its Hightower in a Kemo thread, or by adding a funny picture for levity every now and then). However, I really don't see how I am belittling you on a consistent basis. I wasn't particularly fond of your reaction to the release of Farrior via song and dance celebration (and I actually agreed with you regarding the decision itself to release him for the betterment of the team as a whole), but I wasn't trying to belittle you in any way. I try to treat everyone I meet (whether in person or in this virtual sense) with respect (unless they prove themselves unworthy of said respect), and you, sir, have certainly not done anything to me which would prevent me from continuing to respect you. I may disagree with you at times, but don't mistake my disagreement as some sort of underhanded attack. I don't work that way.

Oviedo
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Thanks.

Peace.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...am I coming off as some sort of scolding moderator here? That was not my intention at all. I'm a moderator when am I warning people or banning people...other than that, I'm just another poster like everyone else. If I had a problem with you as a moderator, I would let you know via PM for any official warnings concerning the Code of Conduct (but you have not broken any board rules as far as I am concerned, and therefore, I have had no reason to deal with you in a moderator capacity). I was merely pointing out, as a poster on this board, just as several other non-moderator posters have, how saying the same thing in thread after thread after thread gets tiresome. I have nothing against you whatsoever. You are a knowledgeable poster who adds to this board...I enjoy having you on here. When others have followed a similar pattern of repeating the same stuff everywhere ad nauseum (like my pal Oviedo with his seemingly endless "Saint" LeBeau bashing once upon a time), I called him out on it in a respectful way, but simply as another member of this forum and not as an official moderator or anything (similar to how Hawaiiansteel was pointing out to you how all of the new threads last week concerned Hightower, Hightower, and more Hightower). Everyone takes threads on tangents every now and then (whether its Hightower in a Kemo thread, or by adding a funny picture for levity every now and then). However, I really don't see how I am belittling you on a consistent basis. I wasn't particularly fond of your reaction to the release of Farrior via song and dance celebration (and I actually agreed with you regarding the decision itself to release him for the betterment of the team as a whole), but I wasn't trying to belittle you in any way. I try to treat everyone I meet (whether in person or in this virtual sense) with respect (unless they prove themselves unworthy of said respect), and you, sir, have certainly not done anything to me which would prevent me from continuing to respect you. I may disagree with you at times, but don't mistake my disagreement as some sort of underhanded attack. I don't work that way.

BTW...why was no one ever called out for multiple Arians threads "ad naseum?" I feel so picked on :wink:

costanza2k1
03-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Thanks.

Peace.

BTW...why was no one ever called out for multiple Arians threads "ad naseum?" I feel so picked on :wink:

Same reason we never called anyone out for harping on the D :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2012, 11:50 PM

Because if I called out everyone who was bashing Arians, I would have been doing nothing but calling out Arians bashers all day "ad nauseum." :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, has any of us Steeler Nuts gone onto Colts message boards to start any "Arians Sucks" threads? :lol:

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2012, 11:58 PM

Because if I called out everyone who was bashing Arians, I would have been doing nothing but calling out Arians bashers all day "ad nauseum." :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, has any of us Steeler Nuts gone onto Colts message boards to start any "Arians Sucks" threads? :lol:

no need, they will find out soon enough...

http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/steelersravens6.jpg

SS Laser
03-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Kendrell Bell started as a rookie? I know this was under Tim Lewis. But is DL's defense that much different?

I think any Rookie at this point can start if good enough (IE a special player) and grasps the defense or offense. Like Pouncey.

I hope we get a few players like that in this draft to replace the old guard. :Steel

Slapstick
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Kendrell Bell started as a rookie, but was rendered obsolete by Larry Foote, of all people...

Freakish athletic ability is one thing, but if that freakish athlete can't grasp the defense, he quickly becomes a liability...

Foote had nothing on Bell athletically, but was far better above the neck and the Steelers' defense benefitted from that...

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Kendrell Bell started as a rookie, but was rendered obsolete by Larry Foote, of all people...

Freakish athletic ability is one thing, but if that freakish athlete can't grasp the defense, he quickly becomes a liability...

Foote had nothing on Bell athletically, but was far better above the neck and the Steelers' defense benefitted from that...

I think it was more about an unfortunate string of injuries that struck Bell than anything he lacked above the neckline.

Oviedo
03-06-2012, 11:24 AM

I think it was more about an unfortunate string of injuries that struck Bell than anything he lacked above the neckline.

:Agree with the "poster-ator" so I don't get respectfully called out plus I think he is right. :D

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Kendrell Bell started as a rookie? I know this was under Tim Lewis. But is DL's defense that much different?

I think any Rookie at this point can start if good enough (IE a special player) and grasps the defense or offense. Like Pouncey.

I hope we get a few players like that in this draft to replace the old guard. :Steel

Kendrell Bell was 10 or 11 years ago. I think the fact that people have to go back to Tim Lewis as DC to prove it's possible pretty much closes the door on this argument.

We've had tons of players on offense come in as rookies and have an immediate impact but the D is a different beast all together.

Better players... harder to grasp and besides the front 3 I think it's damn near impossible to come in on day 1 and play at a high level. Rookies contribute on D in certain packages but starting on day 1 in playing at a Pouncey level probably won't happen under DL.

phillyesq
03-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Kendrell Bell was 10 or 11 years ago. I think the fact that people have to go back to Tim Lewis as DC to prove it's possible pretty much closes the door on this argument.

We've had tons of players on offense come in as rookies and have an immediate impact but the D is a different beast all together.

Better players... harder to grasp and besides the front 3 I think it's damn near impossible to come in on day 1 and play at a high level. Rookies contribute on D in certain packages but starting on day 1 in playing at a Pouncey level probably won't happen under DL.

Part of why you haven't seen a lot of day one starters on D is because of the guys in front of them. I liked what I saw from Heyward last year, but would you sit Kiesel to start him? When Ziggy was drafted, would you have sat Aaron Smith for him?

Woodley didn't start in his first year, but he was a major contributor on passing downs as the season progressed, and even had a sack in the playoff loss that year.

I don't think we've seen a rookie contributor on D because there hasn't been an opening. In the secondary, even highly touted rookies often struggle (like Troy) -- I'm glad that the Steelers can break them in over a few years.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM

I had a feeling you would respond like this. But when you make a comment like this...

"Massive Brilliance" (and although he's an intelligent fella who is quite large, that's not why :wink: )

...we both know you are taking a shot at me. But it's cool I forgive you. I would think that as a moderator you would refrain from things like this but oh well.

Peace

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 12:29 PM

Part of why you haven't seen a lot of day one starters on D is because of the guys in front of them. I liked what I saw from Heyward last year, but would you sit Kiesel to start him? When Ziggy was drafted, would you have sat Aaron Smith for him?

Woodley didn't start in his first year, but he was a major contributor on passing downs as the season progressed, and even had a sack in the playoff loss that year.

I don't think we've seen a rookie contributor on D because there hasn't been an opening. In the secondary, even highly touted rookies often struggle (like Troy) -- I'm glad that the Steelers can break them in over a few years.

This is why a guy like Hightower is a perfect fit and one who could come right in and start. One, there isnt a "great" player ahead of him at the position (Foote), and two unlike all the other rookies in the past, he actually knows the 3-4 zone blitz defense.

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM

it's definitely due to better players on D but it's also the assignments... everyone says the playbook on D is huge compared to the offenses.

Maybe it's part myth but I believe Clark and Ike when they said DL had blitzes in the book they still haven't used yet. (said a few years ago)

and Dub... I know Hightower played in a 3-4 but it wasn't ours... and there is a huge leap from being one of the top 2 LB's at Bama to being the 3rd or 4th best LB in a 3-4 where everyone else is flying around without thinking.

I'm not saying Hightower can't do it but the chances are slim that he comes in on day 1 and has it all down.

All that being said.... I think this discussion needs to be moved back to a Hightower thread so others can mourn the loss of Kemo in here.

Slapstick
03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Wow.

And people told me that I was too sensitive...

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow.

And people told me that I was too sensitive...

:lol:

maybe it's because fans are sensitive over Kemo being released...

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM

I had a feeling you would respond like this. But when you make a comment like this...

"Massive Brilliance" (and although he's an intelligent fella who is quite large, that's not why :wink: )

...we both know you are taking a shot at me. But it's cool I forgive you. I would think that as a moderator you would refrain from things like this but oh well.

Peace

Dub.. you are being "picked on" and "joked" because you turned this into another Hightower thread...

Even after all the apologies and explanations you went right back to talking about Hightower.

I'm sorry but the Massive Brilliance is hilarious because we've never heard it before and you don't even realize how massive it is...

IT'S MASSIVE ive, ive ive

I'm joking... :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
The Massive Brilliance thing was just a funny comment Chadman made, which just so happened to be in a thread in which he was going back-and-forth with you (perhaps it is a common expression in Australia, but I had never heard it before and thought it was funny...a few other posters have picked up on that as well, not just me). If you were offended by it, I apologize.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
and Dub... I know Hightower played in a 3-4 but it wasn't ours... and there is a huge leap from being one of the top 2 LB's at Bama to being the 3rd or 4th best LB in a 3-4 where everyone else is flying around without thinking.

I'm not saying Hightower can't do it but the chances are slim that he comes in on day 1 and has it all down.

So all the 4-3 and 3-4 LB's who have come into the league the past several years and tore it up from day one their playbook isnt as complicated as LeBeau's 3-4 zone blitz? Ha! Hilarious!

And yes, the Alabama 3-4 zone blitz is very similar to LeBeau's 3-4 zone blitz. The only difference in many cases is the terminology. That isnt going to hinder a smart/intelligent player like Hightower.

birtikidis
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
a lot of times defensive guys don't come in right away and start is just because the speed of the game. unless you're going to a team that has desperate needs, a vet will start all the time. Offensive guys know where they are supposed to go, defensive guys need to know where to go plus how to react to the offensive guy who is already at an advantage.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
....All that being said.... I think this discussion needs to be moved back to a Hightower thread so others can mourn the loss of Kemo in here.

It was of all people, Ruthless, who changed this topic 3 post into it with....

"Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see."

It wasnt me who changed it. But again twisting my words is what you do all the time. When you dislike some as much as you dislike me it tends to cloud ones memory as well as their listening skills.

Once Farrior became a topic in this thread about Kemo, discussing possible replacements is fair game.

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 02:02 PM
....All that being said.... I think this discussion needs to be moved back to a Hightower thread so others can mourn the loss of Kemo in here.

"Also, on Sirius NFL Radio a little while ago, they were talking about the Steelers releasing Farrior as well (right around the time the Aaron Smith news was breaking). I don't know if it was confirmed or was just scuttlebutt...we'll see."

It wasnt me who changed it. But again twisting my words is what you do all the time. When you dislike some as much as you dislike me it tends to cloud ones memory as well as their listening skills.

Once Farrior became a topic in this thread about Kemo, discussing possible replacements is fair game.

Ruthless was talking about who else may be released in a thread about Kemo being released...

If you really think seeing Farrior's name is enough to talk about Hightower AGAIN it shows how obsessed you are.

As far as twisting words and disliking you... LOL. You really give yourself too much credit. I like talking football and don't mind joking with people but Dub... stop trying to be some type of Planet Steeler matyr.

It's not that serious.

Dee Dub
03-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Ruthless was talking about who else may be released in a thread about Kemo being released...

If you really think seeing Farrior's name is enough to talk about Hightower AGAIN it shows how obsessed you are.

As far as twisting words and disliking you... LOL. You really give yourself too much credit. I like talking football and don't mind joking with people but Dub... stop trying to be some type of Planet Steeler matyr.

It's not that serious.

Ok so let me get this straight...if someone brings up another player in a thread about a certain player and this other player plays a different position we can't talk about possible replacements?

Ok glad I know the rules.

This isnt about being sensitive. Poster like yourself, Ruthless, and Chavezz take every opportunity you have to take shots at me. Like how some get tired of me bringing up the same topic or talking about the same player over and over, well this too me is just as tiresome.

But you are who you are.

Oviedo
03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
[quote=feltdizz]....All that being said.... I think this discussion needs to be moved back to a Hightower thread so others can mourn the loss of Kemo in here.

It's not that serious.

Ok so let me get this straight...if someone brings up another player in a thread about a certain player and this other player plays a different position we can't talk about possible replacements?

Ok glad I know the rules.

This isnt about being sensitive. Poster like yourself, Ruthless, and Chavezz take every opportunity you have to take shots at me. Like how some get tired of me bringing up the same topic or talking about the same player over and over, well this too me is just as tiresome.

But you are who you are.[/quote:ts1ufhfh]

Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya. Kumbaya my lord...

Seek inner peace, patience and understanding :wink:

phillyesq
03-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Serenity now. Serenity Now. SERENITY NOW!!!!

costanza2k1
03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
HOOCHIE MAMA!

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
whoooooo

saaaaaaaa!

Slapstick
03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
So, uh...

Am I still being too sensitive?

:Binky

feltdizz
03-06-2012, 03:41 PM

yep...

there is no reason to talk about a possible replacement of a player who was brought up in a thread about another player because that player was brought up due to a certain player being released....especially when the players replacement has been talked about in multiple players threads because a certain person loves said player.. :lol:

Oviedo
03-06-2012, 04:34 PM

yep...

there is no reason to talk about a possible replacement of a player who was brought up in a thread about another player because that player was brought up due to a certain player being released....especially when the players replacement has been talked about in multiple players threads because a certain person loves said player.. :lol:

Too confusing, I say just say whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want, however you want, no matter what anyone else wants. So much easier.

Didn't our forefathers give us those rights to be what we want, when want, how we want, saying what we want? God bless America!!!!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Chadman
03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
You guys are hurting Chadman's feelings...

Can't we all just, get along? Please? You make a poor Australian get all emotional & stuff...

For the record- Chadman thinks Feltdizz is on the money- lose the "I'm being picked on" mentality, have a bit of fun, discuss what you like, enjoy yourselves.

It's not hard. We don't all have to agree. Doesn't mean it's a vendetta.

Oh wait, maybe it is? :stirpot

Now, if you'll excuse Chadman, he has to go wipe his eyes & clear all the tears away... :(

Chadman
03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
And Chadman endorses Hightower's new moniker.

Long live Massive Brilliance.

:D

calmkiller
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I would just like to say, it is about time Kemo was cut.