PDA

View Full Version : Dontari Poe Versus Arkansas State

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 02:00 AM
I know this is only one game but this isnt very impressive. Jim Wexell was talking about going to the tape and you will see that Poe actually sucks. After watching this I am beginning to think he may be right. Yes he has freakish potential but on the field I see him get handled one on one by running backs, playing too high, his head down too often, a real lack of effort at times, and just a lot of plays that make you say, "what is he doing?" But dont take my word for it. Look for yourself. This is 22 minutes and I could only get through about half of it and was done.

Here are some specifics.

1:32 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by a RB

2:02 into the clip---Poe get's blocked one on one by a RB

2:53 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by the RG

3:50 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by the RT

4:23 into the clip---Poe gets taken completely out of the play while at DT in a 4-3 on a running play right through the middle

5:36 into the clip---Poe gets pancaked by the RG

6:26 into the clip---A State runs a trap/cross block right through Poe's gap and Poe takes himself out of the play by going after a back who didnt even have the ball

7:55 into the clip---Poe gets pancaked by the RG

9:43 into the clip---Poe gets stood up because he is too high.

10:26 into the clip---Head down, gets cut and is completely out of the run play.

12:03 into the clip--Poe gets blocked one on one by the RT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IaNI-3sw4

By the way. Final sccore, Arkansas State 47 Memphis 3. Arkansas State ran for 236 yards.

This was Arkansas State, not Lousiansa State.

Fools Gold.

focosteeler
02-29-2012, 02:33 AM
I agree, I watched it earlier today and I just dont get it...he has these great tools but his film is bad, especially since its not really 'top talent' I would stay away

Oviedo
02-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I know this is only one game but this isnt very impressive. Jim Wexell was talking about going to the tape and you will see that Poe actually sucks. After watching this I am beginning to think he may be right. Yes he has freakish potential but on the field I see him get handled one on one by running backs, playing too high, his head down too often, a real lack of effort at times, and just a lot of plays that make you say, "what is he doing?" But dont take my word for it. Look for yourself. This is 22 minutes and I could only get through about half of it and was done.

Here are some specifics.

1:32 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by a RB

2:02 into the clip---Poe get's blocked one on one by a RB

2:53 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by the RG

3:50 into the clip---Poe gets blocked one on one by the RT

4:23 into the clip---Poe gets taken completely out of the play while at DT in a 4-3 on a running play right through the middle

5:36 into the clip---Poe gets pancaked by the RG

6:26 into the clip---A State runs a trap/cross block right through Poe's gap and Poe takes himself out of the play by going after a back who didnt even have the ball

7:55 into the clip---Poe gets pancaked by the RG

9:43 into the clip---Poe gets stood up because he is too high.

10:26 into the clip---Head down, gets cut and is completely out of the run play.

12:03 into the clip--Poe gets blocked one on one by the RT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0IaNI-3sw4

By the way. Final sccore, Arkansas State 47 Memphis 3. Arkansas State ran for 236 yards.

This was Arkansas State, not Lousiansa State.

Fools Gold.

UCF also handled Memphis pretty easy to the tune of 41-0 and they were a 5-7 team this past season. They had like 260+ yards rushing for a 5.3 average. I don't recall Poe being a factor at all in that game and the stats show he had 1 tackle.

IMO Poe may be this years Mike Mamula.

D Rock
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Personally, I love the guy. I think he's going to do great things for the Steelers.

D Rock
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
By being picked way earlier than he should!

Oviedo
02-29-2012, 09:10 AM
By being picked way earlier than he should!

Well played :Clap :Clap :Clap

steelblood
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
First, thanks for posting.

Watched the whole thing.

Very uneven effort (which is troubling).

The positive.

He flashes great agility on several plays. On one he is cut and immediately bounces up and pursues the ball carrier. On a QB pressure, he is able to bend and turn at full speed. Later in the tape, he holds up to several double teams and one triple team without giving much ground. He has an elite first step (though he uses it sparingly). Shows some naturally instincts and ability to locate the ball in traffic.

The negative.

Where is the effort early in the game? Hand placement is terrible. He does not use his upper body strength well at all. Still, he should be able to win with shear strength, but he cannot. He gives up when pass rushing when a RB steps up (he needs to truck that dude). Way too inconsistent against terrible talent. Takes plays off. Lacks killer instinct.

After seeing this, I feel he deserves an early 2nd round grade. Too many question marks for my taste. I do think he possesses a skill set to be a dominant NFL defensive linemen. But, if he didn't show urgency in college, there is no guarantee that he will in the pros. He will benefit from better coaching and could turn out to be an all pro in time. Great potential if he can be motivated.

phillyesq
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM

I just read this same criticism of Poe. Can't remember where, but an opposing o-line coach said that he takes a lot of plays off. Said all big guys take some plays off, but he takes off more than most.

feltdizz
02-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't care if the guy's team went 0-13...

We aren't drafting the whole Memphis D, just one guy...

I trust the Steelers to make the right decision.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-29-2012, 10:25 AM

I just read this same criticism of Poe. Can't remember where, but an opposing o-line coach said that he takes a lot of plays off. Said all big guys take some plays off, but he takes off more than most.

I remember seeing the same thing. Can't remember where though.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting...Didn't see this one.

Feel even better about him now. Mayock talked a little about this one. Don't forget people...He won't be a one gap penetrator. He will be on the nose, a zero technique, and read through the block. What I saw when he lined up inside is a space eater. He was disruptive and required double teams. In the backfield alot. You could see he was less comfortable in space on the edge and putting him further from the play sometimes elimanted him from it. Everything negative being said is coachable. His hand placment will be the key to how fast he comes through the rotation. Being that Smith's dominance was because of how well he used his hands...I feel real good that coach is on the staff. Taking plays off...I saw that too. So condition on the NFL level will be introduced to him. This isn't a big story any draft for big men. Someone watching this would have noticed part of the gameplan was the tempo of the offense to use against the big men. Putting Poe in the 5 tech was poor coaching against a fast tempo team who liked to pass.

Let you in on something that most of you missed being a DL/OL guy myself. Poe was obviously part of the gameplan for the DC. Everyone at the combine talked about who played around Poe in Memephis. Big part of production. When you watch the tape, you could see the help in pass pro with RB. You could see push wherever he lined up. You could see the double teams up front. You could see the single block cuts which is part of the gameplan. Keeping OL off your legs is part of coaching at the next level. The most that stuck out is understanding the pulling of OG. Onside plays that weren't double were fold & combinations. They couldn't pull backside G to trap effectively inside A & B gap. The biggest evidence was the influence pulls I saw by the G's that the OC put in his gameplan. For those of you that don't know...You use an influence when you have a DL who reads the pulling G and follows the plan down the line & you can't cut him off. When you are having a guy beat you like that and you can't block him when he reads...Your G pulls backside to trap (influence), The DL reads and follows the play but the play goes away. You do that in a game to slow him down in his reads. You block him by his read and the influence. It was gameplanned because they couldn't block him.

What I see is the RAW that is talked about. The ingredients are there to make an elite player. He has no limitations based upon his athleticism and position. What I see is a cog in a defense at teh next level. A kid that will make the system work and allow your LBs to shine. A piece to the puzzle like this doesn't come along often. Id there a risk? Of course, there is always a risk in the draft. But the ceiling on this kid could be something better than Hampton. You could say "but what if"...But you could say that for anyone else you want to use to fill in the blanks. Hightower's head isn't far from the ceiling. His upside will vary depending where he goes. Stick him in a DL defense....Solid ILB. Will he ever be a Willis, Lewis, Johnson, or Timmons? No...He just doesn't have the skill set or athleticism. Can Poe hit the elite like Ngata, Wilfork, Hampton, & Seymour? Ingredients are there....He has no limitations if he is coachable. But he needs to realize his potential.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
And while you are posting other members 1st and negative commenting about them, I will show you what the same does for your guy. Defensive snaps of 3 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f71CHCrTvWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KevyJyNu8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSuM0zyy11M

What you see is a down hill ILB who shows some pass rush ability when moved to the outside. When he is clean (unblocked) he finds the ball very well. What you do see is an ILB who doesn't attack the gaps and makes plays off the LOS. If he is engaged or takes a false step he struggles to get back in the play. He also takes plays off away but when his motor is on can be a force between the tackles. Can run & chase sideline to sideline but lacks change or direction or recovery from cutback. You didn't see him man-up alot against a TE or RB but there were plays where he didn't look good in space when they caught the ball in his zone. He is a good football player but is not a "sudden" athlete. To give you a gauge...His 10 yard split was a 1.65 and Poe was a 1.68, Cox 1.63, Coples 1.63. and Worthy 1.64. Meaning his short area quickness ranks with the DL. So again, after seeing that and you go back to the tape you can see his straight line speed but you could see the stop & go speed the 10 yard split suggest.

grotonsteel
02-29-2012, 11:59 AM
JPN, do you coach or in scouting department??? Great Analysis of players especially for a layman like me. :Clap

You have made me a fan of Dontari Poe. :)

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
What I see is the RAW that is talked about. The ingredients are there to make an elite player........But he needs to realize his potential.

I see this too, but I dont see using the number 24 overall pick on this. No way!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
JPN, do you coach or in scouting department??? Great Analysis of players especially for a layman like me. :Clap

Thanks. I coach. Been around football and football minds my whole life. I gather information from alot of the resources available to us because I love the game. 2 knee surgeries put a damper on following my dream but my love for the game never stopped.

Poe has all the ingredients you need to be something special. If he is coachable...He could obtain the elite status. One would question why he ended up at Memphis and why we didn't hear of him more. He played on a poor defense. I usually take a player in those situations and plug him in on a more successful team. Since Hightower looks to be another fan favorite, what would Poe have done on that D? Alabama's run defense 2.43 yards a carry so it was already stout. Well I think it is safe to say we all would have heard more about him obviously. More importantly, I think Hightower would have posted over 100+ tackles last 2 years along with 15-20 TFL. That is what a guy like Poe gives you. Your aren't going to get stats on his resume but the team will benefit from him across the board. He is a grunt and if he is that unselfish player that will do that work...He is of great value.

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
And while you are posting other members 1st and negative commenting about them, I will show you what the same does for your guy. Defensive snaps of 3 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f71CHCrTvWU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KevyJyNu8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSuM0zyy11M

What you see is a down hill ILB who shows some pass rush ability when moved to the outside. When he is clean (unblocked) he finds the ball very well. What you do see is an ILB who doesn't attack the gaps and makes plays off the LOS. If he is engaged or takes a false step he struggles to get back in the play. He also takes plays off away but when his motor is on can be a force between the tackles. Can run & chase sideline to sideline but lacks change or direction or recovery from cutback. You didn't see him man-up alot against a TE or RB but there were plays where he didn't look good in space when they caught the ball in his zone. He is a good football player but is not a "sudden" athlete. To give you a gauge...His 10 yard split was a 1.65 and Poe was a 1.68, Cox 1.63, Coples 1.63. and Worthy 1.64. Meaning his short area quickness ranks with the DL. So again, after seeing that and you go back to the tape you can see his straight line speed but you could see the stop & go speed the 10 yard split suggest.

Come JPN, you are better than this. You are nit-picking on a player who has played at an elite level for most of his time at Alabama while playing in the overall best conference in all college football. I have never said Hightower is perfect. In fact I too have even come out and talked about his areas over concern. But when you look at the big picture and his overall work, you should be able to see that is a legitimate first round talent. There isnt a player who ever played that gave 100% al the time. Comparing some of Hightower's minor flaws in these clips is no where near the inadequacies of what is shown in the clip of Dontari Poe versus Arkansas State.

And again, you guys can talk all you want about Hightower's lack of speed and quickness, but I have shown that isnt true. Look at the clips and how he is able to get to the QB from 5 yards off the LOS from the ILB spot. On the field Hightower plays a lot quicker than some want to admit. And here, I'll show this again...

Dont'a Hightower had the 4th fastest 40 yard dash of all ILB's and he ran as good or better than...

3 Rb's
3 Wr's
4 TE's
7 OLB's
11 DB's

JPN, you are a very knowledgeable poster, however I think you are overlooking the obvious with your desire to have Dontari Poe a Steeler.

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM

grotonsteel, again dont take this personal, but arent you more concerned with what a player actually does on the field? How can you say this after watching the clip I posted?

Analysis is great and all but if it is primarily in regards to projecting what a player may do really leaves you with nothing more than a project. Go look at this clip and come back and honestly say you would use the #24 overall pick on him for the Steelers.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":zwwwrb2y]
What I see is the RAW that is talked about. The ingredients are there to make an elite player........But he needs to realize his potential.

I see this too, but I dont see using the number 24 overall pick on this. No way![/quote:zwwwrb2y]

And we can agree we disagree. I feel the same about Hightower. The upside between the two is much higher with Poe and the drop off of ILB talent between Hightower and the 2nd & 3rd rounders seems much tighter. Poe, Worthy, & Ta'amu seem to have seperated themselves from the rest in our system and they are those "special type" that Colbert talked about. If you want them and they are any good you have to get them early. I will take Kuechley as a 1st round ILB and look elsewhere if possible if he is gone. If they have to pick and he is the Highest rated player left on the board...So be it.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Come JPN, you are better than this. You are nit-picking on a player who has played at an elite level for most of his time at Alabama while playing in the overall best conference in all college football. I have never said Hightower is perfect. In fact I too have even come out and talked about his areas over concern. But when you look at the big picture and his overall work, you should be able to see that is a legitimate first round talent. There isnt a player who ever played that gave 100% al the time. Comparing some of Hightower's minor flaws in these clips is no where near the inadequacies of what is shown in the clip of Dontari Poe versus Arkansas State.

And again, you guys can talk all you want about Hightower's lack of speed and quickness, but I have shown that isnt true. Look at the clips and how he is able to get to the QB from 5 yards off the LOS from the ILB spot. On the field Hightower plays a lot quicker than some want to admit. And here, I'll show this again...

Dont'a Hightower had the 4th fastest 40 yard dash of all ILB's and he ran as good or better than...

3 Rb's
3 Wr's
4 TE's
7 OLB's
11 DB's

JPN, you are a very knowledgeable poster, however I think you are overlooking the obvious with your desire to have Dontari Poe a Steeler.

"however I think you are overlooking the obvious with your desire to have Dontari Poe a Steeler" That is exactly what you are doing with Hightower.

I didn't nit pick. I gave you every snap...Not his highlights. Everything I said is true. Hightower played at Alabama with alot of talent around him. It is the Mcclain factor all over again. Hightower is a guy in poistion to make splash plays and compile statistics. You under value the guy that makes it all possible. It is obvious you can't see that or know that if you say the vid you posted is filled with inadequacies of Poe. You seem to be ok with what you cook but won't eat it when it is served back.

Again, you living of a 40 time. Why didn't Hightower do all the drills? You know the answer. There is a reason projected players don't do timed drills. Called apples for apples. But he looked very stiff in his position drills. And even Mr. Wexell who you bowed to on Poe said:

James C Wexell ? @jimwexell
@btsteelcurtain Hightower, Poe Strengthened Their Bids for First Round Selections http://sbn.to/zgkCFs" --Hightower was sluggish n drills

His 10 yard split was a 1.65 and Poe was a 1.68, Cox 1.63, Coples 1.63. and Worthy 1.64. That is what Hightower will be asked to do. He moves like a DL from a standstill and he lacks change of direction. You talk about how he gets to the QB? Starightline speed is there. Watch the RB pull away from him on the wheel route after he recognized it. Take his split against the guys you are so proud of he ran faster than and tell me if he still will be wearing his jock. If he had nothing to hide, we would have been talking about his cone times up against the other LBs...But we don't. So he will do it at his proday where he organizes the order of drills to benefit him and run things on honestly shrunken placement of cones. It will be interesting to see if he stands on his combie 40. I bet his agent already answered that.

TallyStiller
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Dontari Poe = Mike Mamula.

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
JPN, the argument about who has more upside is not an argument I have with this. I would agree with you on this. However what I have contended all along is that for the Steelers and their desire to win now, at #24 for 2012 the best pick would be Dont'a Hightower. I put a great emphasis on production on the field for this pick than I do for potential or upside.

Who cares why he didnt do the position drills? Luck and RGIII didnt throw so what's the big deal? Look at what Hightower did at Alabama on the field and in the SEC and tell me that him not doing on field drills at the combine is all that important?

aggiebones
02-29-2012, 01:22 PM
If he is there at 20....you take him.
Put him next to a few good DEs (Hood and Heywood) and our DL will return to dominance.

But I wouldn't got chasing him very high up the draft board.

grotonsteel
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM

grotonsteel, again dont take this personal, but arent you more concerned with what a player actually does on the field? How can you say this after watching the clip I posted?

Analysis is great and all but if it is primarily in regards to projecting what a player may do really leaves you with nothing more than a project. Go look at this clip and come back and honestly say you would use the #24 overall pick on him for the Steelers.

Dee i am not a scouting personnel or anything. I mean a youtube clip does not make a game tape. In the end they are just highlights. I believe Steelers FO will make correct desicion while picking a player at 1.24

As said i will be disappointed drafting another ILB at 1.24 but if Steelers think Donta Hightower is the game changer then so be it. I will be supporting any player that wears Black and Gold in September.

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Put him next to a few good DEs (Hood and Heywood) and our DL will return to dominance.

Well if you take him at 20 then are you are chasing him up the boards since the Steelers pick #24.

I'll say it again, look at this tape and tell me just when you think Dontari Poe will actually get on the field for the Steelers? Putting him there in 2012 between Hood and Heyward isnt going to bring this DL to dominance. What it will do is create a huge hole. He is far from NFL ready, "IF" he ever will be.

Dee Dub
02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Dee i am not a scouting personnel or anything. I mean a youtube clip does not make a game tape. In the end they are just highlights. I believe Steelers FO will make correct desicion while picking a player at 1.24

Why not? Isnt this actual tape from a game? I am pretty sure this clip includes all of the snaps on defense for this game or pretty much most of them. These arent just hi-lights.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
JPN, the argument about who has more upside is not an argument I have with this. I would agree with you on this. However what I have contended all along is that for the Steelers and their desire to win now, at #24 for 2012 the best pick would be Dont'a Hightower. I put a great emphasis on production on the field for this pick than I do for potential or upside.

Who cares why he didnt do the position drills? Luck and RGIII didnt throw so what's the big deal? Look at what Hightower did at Alabama on the field and in the SEC and tell me that him not doing on field drills at the combine is all that important?

The QBs not throwing has nothing to do with Hightower. QBs don't throw because they want to throw to their own and be on the same page so it looks better. Also helps out his receivers. That isn't a secret. Hightower not doing all the drills means one thing if he wasn't hurt. He was advised not to for a reason. No matter what he does at his proday he chose not to compete against the rest. Every wonder why an entire prospect class from the same school puts up better numbers at the proday versus combine? It isn't something in the water.

Well we could have this argument forever. If you are gonna equate "on field production" with Hightower's numbers at Alabama versus a college DT there is no argument. Poe didn't have the supporting cast of 3 other potential 1st rounders in the same defense. What Poe does on the field isn't shown in the stat book. If we were comparing LBs you would have more weight. Win now has nothing to do with Hightower versus Poe. The Steelers NEVER go into a draft and calculate win now into a pick. Poe & Hightower could see the field at the same time. It is a matter of value and where they could fill the need down the board. A "Hightower" could be found inside the 1st three rounds and possibly someone who can stay on the field on 3rd downs. Colbert even said when you want a special player at DT you have to take them early. The value on them moves them up the boards and the good ones are gone. There is a long way to go and the answer will come in April.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 02:25 PM

I would not trade up for Poe or Hightower. If they fall...Make the choice.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Well if you take him at 20 then are you are chasing him up the boards since the Steelers pick #24.

I'll say it again, look at this tape and tell me just when you think Dontari Poe will actually get on the field for the Steelers? Putting him there in 2012 between Hood and Heyward isnt going to bring this DL to dominance. What it will do is create a huge hole. He is far from NFL ready, "IF" he ever will be.

If they hit on Poe...It will bring them to dominance. They won't know if they hit on Hightower until they fill Hampton's shoes. Poe will not create a hole because when he learns the playbook he will be there best NT. That includes a Hampton coming off surgery. Everything you want to say about Poe can be said about Hightower. He is by know means a sure thing or he wouldn't be in the conversation.

RuthlessBurgher
02-29-2012, 02:47 PM

:Agree I trade up for DeCastro and DeCastro only. Otherwise, I wait to see which of these remaining guys happen to fall into our laps at #24.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Let's take the ceiling & floor for the players and do a friendly little evaluation. Who would you take?

Ceiling
Ngata = Poe
Mayo = Hightower

Who would you take?

Floor
Cody = Poe
Mcclain = Hightower

Who would you take?

Oviedo
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM

:Agree I trade up for DeCastro and DeCastro only. Otherwise, I wait to see which of these remaining guys happen to fall into our laps at #24.

I'd go up a couple of places for Glenn too.

phillyesq
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM

I'd go up a couple of places for Glenn too.

:Agree

I have a feeling that he is going to end up like Branden Albert and come off the board before he is anywhere close to the Steelers pick, but if he can be had by moving up a few slots, absolutely, get it done.

RuthlessBurgher
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
What's the most you'd be willing to give up to get DeCastro?

What's the most you'd be willing to give up to get Glenn?

We've all been talking about Hightower, but what if Kuechly fell within range...what would you be willing to give up to get him?

For what it's worth...
Using our 2nd round pick moves us up 9-10 slots in the first round.
Using our 3rd round pick moves us up about 6 slots in the first round.
Using our 4th round pick moves us up about 3 slots in the first round.

Oviedo
02-29-2012, 05:17 PM

We've all been talking about Hightower, but what if Kuechly fell within range...what would you be willing to give up to get him?

For what it's worth...

I wouldn't hesitate to give up either the 3rd or 4th. I would think real hard about losing the 2nd.

phillyesq
02-29-2012, 05:59 PM

For what it's worth...

To borrow a phrase, most Eagles fans have a massive brilliance at the thought of Keuchly. Giving up the second and moving to 14 puts us one spot ahead of the Eagles. Just for kicks and giggles, I'd probably give up the second to get Kuechly.

In all seriousness, I'd certainly give up the 3rd or 4th to grab an elite offensive lineman. Being at 24 puts the Steelers just out of range of getting a top guy on the offensive line, but if somebody slips a bit, they are within striking distance.

I'm not as keen on moving up to grab an ILB.

Oviedo
02-29-2012, 06:06 PM

For what it's worth...

To borrow a phrase, most Eagles fans have a massive brilliance at the thought of Keuchly. Giving up the second and moving to 14 puts us one spot ahead of the Eagles. Just for kicks and giggles, I'd probably give up the second to get Kuechly.

In all seriousness, I'd certainly give up the 3rd or 4th to grab an elite offensive lineman. Being at 24 puts the Steelers just out of range of getting a top guy on the offensive line, but if somebody slips a bit, they are within striking distance.

:Agree I wouldn't move up to get an ILB but what about moving a few places and getting OLB Courtney Upshaw as the eventual Harrison replacement and consider moving Harrison inside. Upshaw on our defense would be something special.

isonator07
02-29-2012, 06:35 PM

For what it's worth...

:Agree I wouldn't move up to get an ILB but what about moving a few places and getting OLB Courtney Upshaw as the eventual Harrison replacement and consider moving Harrison inside. Upshaw on our defense would be something special.

:Agree I thought he looked far better than Hightower in the national championship game. I didn't watch them all year but on the big stage Upshaw looked more dominant IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
02-29-2012, 07:09 PM
To borrow a phrase, most Eagles fans have a massive brilliance at the thought of Keuchly.

Well played, sir. Well played. :lol: