PDA

View Full Version : After combine mock drafts.

SS Laser
02-28-2012, 06:52 PM
This thread is for a place to post mocks you like. Some of us are not going to like who the steelers are picking now in this mock.

Here is my first link. All I got to say is poe, glenn, hightower all gone by 24.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1081 ... s-of-picks (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1081510-nfl-draft-2012-reviewing-the-5-biggest-red-flags-after-the-scouting-combine?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl-draft#/articles/1082553-2012-nfl-mock-draft-projecting-all-7-rounds-of-picks)

Rd1 Peter Konz G/C
Rd2 Mike Martin, Nose Tackle, Michigan
Rd3 Bernard Pierce, Running Back, Temple
Rd4 James-Michael Johnson, Inside Linebacker, Nevada
Rd5 Janzen Jackson, Free Safety, McNeese State
Rd6 B.J. Cunningham, Wide Receiver, Michigan State
Rd7 D'Anton Lynn, Strong Safety, Penn State

Ok I will add that I am not sold at Konz at all. I don't watch enough college football.
I do like Mike Martian but not sure in the 3rd.
Really would wait for a RB till next year see what happens with mendy.
Well there is a ILB, But how good is he? Foote good or better?
I like a safety in rd 5 for back up.
No reason not to take a chance on another late round WR. We have been picking WR's well.
Another safety not sure about that. Maybe better to pick a Kicker or QB?

So anyone have any insite on the 2-7 picks. I know some here want Konz and some don't. This is not a flashy draft but is it solid?

TallyStiller
02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Personally, every time I see us get any Wisconsin lineman mocked to us, I suffer a Kraig Urbik flashback.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I would love to get janzen jackson in the 5th, however I have my doubts the steelers would take him due to his off field issues.

SS Laser
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Personally, every time I see us get any Wisconsin lineman mocked to us, I suffer a Kraig Urbik flashback.

I just got chills reading that dang you. No one else likes my post? :wft
At least Hightower is not in this draft guys. :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM

me too, glad to hear that i'm not the only one suffering from that disease... :Cheers

SS Laser
02-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I would love to get janzen jackson in the 5th, however I have my doubts the steelers would take him due to his off field issues.

I guess it depends on what those issues are.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-29-2012, 12:01 AM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1go8jm1p]I would love to get janzen jackson in the 5th, however I have my doubts the steelers would take him due to his off field issues.

I guess it depends on what those issues are.[/quote:1go8jm1p]

well he was with 3 other players who robbed a guy at a quick mart while at tennessee. His involvement was deemed less than the others, so kiffin brought him back.

he then left tennessee suddenly for undisclosed reasons. Rumor was that his brother was hurt/killed.I never really heard.

he is an extremely gifted athlete. There were games in knoxville where he was clearly the best player on the field.

NJ-STEELER
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
joe thomas was also from wisconsin

just sayin

NJ-STEELER
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
i'd look for TE, OT in rounds 2 and 3 before those positions, but dont mind the rest of the picks

ikestops85
02-29-2012, 10:15 AM

Actually, I think we missed the boat on Urbik. The guy has gone to Buff and done a very good job. The knock on him from what I remember was that he was a game player ... not good in practice (flashback to Allen Iverson). We never gave him a chance in a game.

Oviedo
03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
My first round preferences would be:

1. DeCastro
2. Glenn
3. Upshaw (Move him inside like we did Timmons)
4. Hightower
5. Anyone not named Poe

Oviedo
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Actually, I think we missed the boat on Urbik. The guy has gone to Buff and done a very good job. The knock on him from what I remember was that he was a game player ... not good in practice (flashback to Allen Iverson). We never gave him a chance in a game.

:Agree Now we have issues at both Guard positions.

steelz09
03-01-2012, 09:38 AM

1. DeCastro
2. Glenn
4. Hightower
5. Anyone not named Poe

Ovi - Not picking a fight here :) but I'm going to bring up my other point about a 3-4 ILB. Upshaw is a real good player but what makes you think that Upshaw can play 3-4 ILB? Moving a OLB to the inside or a 4-3 ILB to a 3-4 ILB is not an easy transition. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's a completely different animal. You can't just move these LBs around like their a Lego. Timmons to this day struggles aspects of the inside and rightfully so. The things he struggles with is the skill sets that make ILB a tough, instinctive, cerebral position.

steelz09
03-01-2012, 09:43 AM

1. DeCastro
2. Glenn
4. Hightower
5. Anyone not named Poe

Ovi - Not picking a fight here :) but I'm going to bring up my other point about a 3-4 ILB. Upshaw is a real good player but what makes you think that Upshaw can play 3-4 ILB? Moving a OLB to the inside or a 4-3 ILB to a 3-4 ILB is not an easy transition. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's a completely different animal. You can't just move these LBs around like their a Lego. Timmons to this day struggles aspects of the inside and rightfully so. The things he struggles with is the skill sets that make ILB a tough, instinctive, cerebral position.

With all that being said, all of the players you listed are great players. Upshaw was nothing short of dominant in the LSU game. IMO, he stuck out more than Hightower did at least in that game.

I wouldn't mind the Poe selection if that is the way it went down. NT is in desperation mode right now and we need our future NT. Poe's physical attributes are off the chart but the production isn't there. If Colbert and Tomlin are ok w/ that then thats good enough for me.

Oviedo
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM

1. DeCastro
2. Glenn
4. Hightower
5. Anyone not named Poe

With all that being said, all of the players you listed are great players. Upshaw was nothing short of dominant in the LSU game. IMO, he stuck out more than Hightower did at least in that game.

I wouldn't mind the Poe selection if that is the way it went down. NT is in desperation mode right now and we need our future NT. Poe's physical attributes are off the chart but the production isn't there. If Colbert and Tomlin are ok w/ that then thats good enough for me.

No issue with your issues. I just think that there would be a benefit to a more athletic LB next to Timmons because both those guys are going to have to cover the TEs more and more as people copy the Pats. I just think Upshaw meets that more athletic profile over Hightower.

If we start to have Harrison and Woodley cover the TEs, and let's be honest both are weak in coverage, then we play right into the opponents hands because we lack the pass rush like last year.

I would be happy with either Hightower or Upshaw. I just think the latter is more athletic and better fits the run and hit mantra we hear from Tomlin.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
My Board as of right now.

1. Decastro
2. Kuechley
3. Upshaw
4. Glenn
5. Poe
6. Hightower
7. Barron
8. Adams
9. Konz
10. Worthy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-01-2012, 12:31 PM

1. DeCastro
2. Glenn
4. Hightower
5. Anyone not named Poe

No issue with your issues. I just think that there would be a benefit to a more athletic LB next to Timmons because both those guys are going to have to cover the TEs more and more as people copy the Pats. I just think Upshaw meets that more athletic profile over Hightower.

If we start to have Harrison and Woodley cover the TEs, and let's be honest both are weak in coverage, then we play right into the opponents hands because we lack the pass rush like last year.

I would be happy with either Hightower or Upshaw. I just think the latter is more athletic and better fits the run and hit mantra we hear from Tomlin.

If Upshaw is taken he will be viewed as the future at ROLB and that future could be as quickly as next year if Harrison will be released. So drafting Upshaw would not surprise me. You can't pass on a pass rusher like that.

ikestops85
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM

1. Decastro
2. Kuechley
3. Upshaw
4. Glenn
5. Poe
6. Hightower
7. Barron
8. Adams
9. Konz
10. Worthy

and a mighty fine board that is JPN. I will take one of each please. :lol:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM

1. Decastro
2. Kuechley
3. Upshaw
4. Glenn
5. Poe
6. Hightower
7. Barron
8. Adams
9. Konz
10. Worthy

and a mighty fine board that is JPN. I will take one of each please. :lol:
We will see how close I can get. I will cross them out as they come off. If no trade up is done, I think 1-4 will be gone and after Poe's combine...He may be gone too. So if 6-10 are left...Hope the phone rings and maybe the Steelers move back and pick up where the board left off.