PDA

View Full Version : Mock #2 First three rounds

Shawn
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Round 1
With my original pick of Jerel Worthy moving up the charts, and the talk about Hood at NT…nose tackle has gone way down on my list of team needs. And while I would love to pick up a guy like Cordy, I don’t believe he will be there. ILB is the position of our greatest need. Farrior has lost more than a step. Foote has never been more than average, and isn’t even that now. It’s our year to grab an ILB with the first pick.

Zach Brown-OLB (we will convert him to an ILB)-North Carolina-This guy fits the prototypical linebacker that I believe Tomlin likes…Brown is amazingly athletic equipped with track speed. He is terrific in coverage (some scouts consider him like an oversized safety in coverage), solid in the run game and fits perfectly with an NFL moving towards the pass. He can cover slot WRs, TEs, and running backs with ease. The Steelers will expect him to get stronger, and probably put on 10 pounds of muscle. But, I believe this guy is the real deal.
Round 2

Kevin Zeitler-OG-Wisconsin-Sound Technique, strong, with good footwork. He is not superbly athletic and will fall to the second round because of this fact. But, this guy is a blue collar work horse of an OG who should produce years of solid if silent play at his position.
Round 3

Coby Fleener-TE Stanford-Terrific red zone target…great hands, elite route running, disciplined, very productive. He needs some improvement in the blocking aspects of the game.

RuthlessBurgher
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Dude! EPIC Mock draft.. That is BEAST!

I think Fleener comes off the board in the early portion of round 2, if the Giants don't take him at 32, that is (I'd say mid-two would be the latest he'd go). I highly doubt he would be available with our second pick, never mind our third.

Shawn
02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Dude! EPIC Mock draft.. That is BEAST!

I think Fleener comes off the board in the early portion of round 2, if the Giants don't take him at 32, that is (I'd say mid-two would be the latest he'd go). I highly doubt he would be available with our second pick, never mind our third.

You could be right, but currently I have seen him listed in the 80's-90's of the top 100 prospects.

Shawn
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Taking a look at Walters...he has him very highly ranked going at 30. FFtoolbox has him ranked in the 90's. Seems to be a wide difference of opinion. I may need to rework it once again. I would still lean towards McNutt at WR if he was still available.

Lebsteel
02-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Zach Brown--love his music! Didn't know he played football... :?

Seriously, I think we take Poe (4.98 40 time at 6'4" and 346 lbs.) or Hightower in Rd. 1. Zeitler in Rd. 2 would be good. Rd. 3 will be the position we don't grab in Rd. 1.

Shawn
02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Zach Brown--love his music! Didn't know he played football... :?

Seriously, I think we take Poe (4.98 40 time at 6'4" and 346 lbs.) or Hightower in Rd. 1. Zeitler in Rd. 2 would be good. Rd. 3 will be the position we don't grab in Rd. 1.

I like Poe's raw athletic ability. I'm not against that pick, just don't think it will be the pick. I think the Steelers want to get their best DL talent on the field which means Hood playing NT, which was discussed by Bouchette. As much as I like Hightower, he is a classic thumper type...has limited range. That doesn't fit a Tomlin type of pick. I just dont see it.

Dee Dub
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Good job Shawn. You just drafted three players that wont see much of the field till year 2 or more. Not one day one starter.

A 4-3 weakside LB, a back up guard, and a TE who plays behind one of the best TE's in the game. Bravalito!! :Clap

Shawn
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Good job Shawn. You just drafted three players that wont see much of the field till year 2 or more. Not one day one starter.

A 4-3 weakside LB, a back up guard, and a TE who plays behind one of the best TE's in the game. Bravalito!! :Clap

Not sure why you are being sarcastic. Didn't you just scold Chavez about being a jerk, then saying you would pray for him? Seriously?

Glad you enjoyed my mock.

steelblood
02-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Dub,

I would think that Zeitler would have an excellent shot to be a year one starter.

Shawn,

Zach Brown may turn out to be the best LBer in this draft. He already will be a phenomenal 3rd down linebacker. However, I do not think he is Steeler material (yet). I have watched Zach Brown on many occasions. He almost always attempts to run around blockers instead of taking them on. That is not Steeler football and there is no way Butch Davis wanted him to do that. That is a serious problem when you have gap responsibilities (as in our scheme).

SidSmythe
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
I like it....so when are you going to put out Queerbaits Mock Draft???

Dee Dub
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Not sure why you are being sarcastic. Didn't you just scold Chavez about being a jerk, then saying you would pray for him? Seriously?

Glad you enjoyed my mock.

Come on shawn you know I am just playin' with you. We have history of ribbin' each other.

hawaiiansteel
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
nice mock Shawn, especially if you drafted NT Akiem Hicks from Regina in the 4th round. :Clap

mainesteel83
03-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Nice mock; I can see (and even make) arguments for all three, but probably not the way I'd go. I do believe Fleener will be gone before then.

As for Zeitler, well, I just have some problems with Wisconsin OL guys. Some are busts (let's not even talk about the last one we drafted), and some are not. Maybe there are support groups for draftnuts who just don't like Wisconsin OL's!!!

I do see our #2 being an OL, just who will fall to our spot? (Trade up and take B. Washington would be my choice).

phillyesq
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
This isn't my kind of draft.

I like Zeitler in the second, especially because I feel like the Steelers would conduct overzealous due diligence before selecting another Wisconsin guard.

I think TEs will be overdrafted this year because of Gronkowski/Hernandez. Harbaugh west reportedly really likes Fleener, and I bet he would grab him at the end of the second if he makes it that far.

Brown seems like more athleticism and potential than production. If the Steelers take a LB, I think I'd like it to be Hightower.