PDA

View Full Version : 6'4" Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill runs 4.30 & 4.31 @ Combine

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2012, 10:52 AM
The kid has a similar body to former Yellow Jacket alums Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas. He only caught 28 passes last year in their gimmicky triple option offense, but he averaged 29 yards per catch. Many were touting him as a potential mid-round pick, but I mocked him to New England in the second round of my full NFL mock a couple of weeks ago on pure potential...looks like he is starting to live up to that potential.

Mo_Steel
02-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Hill as much as anyone has really helped himself the last couple of days. He was so transparent in that offense many people were not sure what they would find. He may have jumped several spots with his performance at the Combine.

steelblood
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
The kid has a similar body to former Yellow Jacket alums Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas. He only caught 28 passes last year in their gimmicky triple option offense, but he averaged 29 yards per catch. Many were touting him as a potential mid-round pick, but I mocked him to New England in the second round of my full NFL mock a couple of weeks ago on pure potential...looks like he is starting to live up to that potential.

I thought he was a day two guy at worst before the combine. Now, he is probably a top 40 guy. I don't know if he gets into the first because he is very raw and does drop passes. I've always liked him and had him in my players that I'm excited to watch at the combine thread.

Ruthless,

I would not say that he has a similar body to Thomas. Thomas is 6'3 235. He is basically built more like a TE than a WR. Even Calvin Johnson has a lot more bulk than Hill (though I'd agree that Johnson's frame is somewhat like Hill's - They both have that long, wiry look).

steelersflow
03-24-2012, 02:50 PM
A replacement for Wallace who looks to not be around for much longer?

Snatch98
03-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Hill is likely going in the first round and if he doesn't he'll be gone before we pick in the 2nd. I'd hate to see a first round receiver in a draft class that is full of them.