PDA

View Full Version : Cordy Glenn Impresses Again!!

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 01:23 PM
(11:00 AM): UGA G/T shines at combine; Buck OT struggles Ö The first group of offensive linemen is through the 40-yard dash and have moved onto positional drills. The star of the morning so far has been Georgia G/T Cordy Glenn who posted an unofficial 40-time under 5-flat for the 40 as he timed in at 4.96. While that may be factored higher when the final electronic times are announced, that is an excellent time for a 345-pound lineman. Glenn also had a very good 1.72 10-yard split and then looked smooth in some of the early positional drills. On the other hand, it has not been a good combine so far for Ohio State OT Mike Adams, who only managed 19 reps in the bench press yesterday and then ran two 40s in over 5.3 seconds in which he didnít look very quick or explosive. Stanford OG David DeCastro also ran a relatively slow 40 with an unofficial 5.34 clocking. Fastest early times were posted by Iowa OG Adam Gettis who ran the 40 in an unofficial 4.91 seconds, while South Dakota OT Tom Compton posted a 5.03 and Baylor C Philip Blake clocked a 5.09.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Only negative for Glenn was his vertical jump...but really for a big man like him playing the O-line? Big Deal.

I think he is better as a LT than Riley Reiff, Jonathan Martin, and Mike Adams. Because Kalil is elite as a pass blocker, right now to me he has a slight edge on Glenn, however because of Glenn's domination in run blocking, I think in time Glenn may even pass Kalil as the best overall. Remember, this past year was Glenn's first year at LT.

Eddie Spaghetti
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm with you dub.

sadly, he probably is moving out of our range at 24. Would have to move up to get him.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm with you dub.

sadly, he probably is moving out of our range at 24. Would have to move up to get him.

Oh yeah agreed, however there are a lot of stubborn people in the NFL who insist he is better at Guard which by poistion may have him selected lower than what he should.

isonator07
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1en6efpo]I'm with you dub.

Oh yeah agreed, however there are a lot of stubborn people in the NFL who insist he is better at Guard which by poistion may have him selected lower than what he should.[/quote:1en6efpo]

With all due respect dub, if Glenn has all the tools to be a great OT like you are saying I doubt NFL clubs are gonna allow him to fall because Mayock and Co. are saying hes a better OG fit.

It would surpise me if you are able to see something on T.V. that they haven't been able to pickup on film and in person.

I only go by what I've read online and heard on T.V. but he sounds like the real thing. Whether it be him or another OG, I hope we are able to upgrade that position sometime in the draft.

Snatch98
02-25-2012, 03:03 PM
If you ask me Glenn is going to be Branden Albert all over again. We were all about drafting him and then he went a lot higher than most of us expected. I definitely want a shot at Glenn or DeCastro but we're definitely going to need to trade up. I don't see EITHER at 24 and to think otherwise is a bit of a pipe dream.

focosteeler
02-25-2012, 03:46 PM
The official time is 5.15 which is still beastly considering how big he his.

hawaiiansteel
02-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Wednesday February 22, 2012

Top 32: Picking QBs to follow super prospects Luck, Griffin

By Pete Prisco | CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist

Here's my first top-32 list. As I do more work, as we go through the combine and the pro days, I will update it down the road.

There are some surprises here, but I like being rogue in my evaluations, which is why a tackling machine like Nebraska's Lavonte David is on my list while Alabama safety Mark Barron isn't.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Does he have flaws? Sure, they all do. But he understands the NFL passing game and his arm is plenty good enough.

2. Matt Kalil, T, USC: He is as solid a pick as there is in this draft. The pedigree for USC tackles is good, and he's the reason Tyron Smith played right tackle at USC.

3. Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU: He is a smooth cover player who will be better than Patrick Peterson, his former teammate, on the next level.

4. Robert Griffin III, Baylor: He wasn't asked to do a lot at the line of scrimmage in college, but he is a smart kid who will have no problem picking up NFL offenses.

5. Riley Reiff, T, Iowa: Some have him rated ahead of Kalil, which is high praise. He is a good left tackle who I think will be better than Bryan Bulaga, a former Iowa player who starts at right tackle for the Packers.

6. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: He will be a big-play back on the next level. Some scouts think he's the second-best player in this draft.

7. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor: I love his explosive ability. He isn't big, but the word is he will run under 4.4 in the 40. That's what teams crave now.

8. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU: He came to LSU as a 250-pound defensive end but grew into a force in the middle of the Tigers' defense. He still has some of that end quickness, which will help on the next level. At 6-feet-5 and 305 pounds, he has the frame to get even bigger.

9. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State: He isn't as big as some think and there is concern about his speed. He just doesn't play fast.

10. Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina: I love this kid. He doesn't have prototypical size, but he is an athlete who has great quickness and speed. He can also play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

11. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina: He didn't play well in 2011, but the North Carolina situation was a mess. He did have a good Senior Bowl week.

12. David DeCastro, G, Stanford: He is as clean a prospect as there is in this draft. It's too bad guard isn't a high-value position in the draft.

13. Devon Still, DT, Penn State: He had some off-field troubles early in his career, but flashed star potential (see Florida game from 2010) when he did get on the field.

14. Jonathan Martin, T, Stanford: He is the type of tackle teams want now: Outstanding in pass protection. He isn't a mauler in the run game, but he's good enough. At 6-6, 305 pounds, he will get stronger on the next level to improve that.

15. Luke Kuechly, MLB, Boston College: He was a tackling machine at BC for his entire career. He will be a steady starter for a long time.

16. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama: Put on his tapes from 2010 when he matched up with Julio Jones and A.J. Green when he was at Florida. He is a great cover player, but he does have character concerns.

17. Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama: He is a big corner at 6-2 who can also play some good man coverage. He is also a willing tackler in the run game. He did have a recent off-field issue that seems to have been cleared up.

18. Nick Perry, DE-OLB, USC: He led the Pac-12 as a junior with 9Ĺ sacks. He is a speed rusher who played down end at USC, but could be asked to stand up for 3-4 teams.

19. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami: Heading into combine week, he might be the most undervalued player in the draft. He is an explosive runner.

20. Andre Branch, DE, Clemson: At 6-4, 265 pounds, he is a rush end or a standup outside linebacker. He has good burst off the edge and did a nice job after D'Quan Bowers left last year.

21. Courtney Upshaw, OLB-DE, Alabama: At 6-2, 273 pounds, he has a strange body for an outside linebacker. He was used mainly as an edge rusher at Alabama. Would seem to be a Lamar Woodley-type 3-4 rush player.

22. Mike Adams, T, Ohio State: He is a massive tackle at 6-7, 325 pounds. Some teams thought he might have to play right tackle, but he has the feet to play the left side. He does have some off-field issues.

23. Cordy Glenn, G-T, Georgia: He is a massive guard at 345 pounds, which is why I think he could end up as a right tackle. He played some left tackle in college, but his feet seem better for the right side. If he stays at guard, think Carl Nicks of the Saints.

24. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame: He's big and strong, but how fast is he? That will determine if he stays this high. He doesn't play as fast as one would want.

25. Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska: He excels in man-press coverage, which is why his value is high. He didn't play as well last season as he did in 2010, but he has the tools to be a quality cover corner.

26. Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska: He isn't big at 225 pounds, but the way teams play linebackers now he has value. He is a tackling machine. He showed up every week. Think Derrick Brooks.

27. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford: With the success of pass-catching tight ends last season, you know teams will be looking for one. This kid has the chance to be the next great one. He averaged 19.1 per catch. He's the next Gronk.

28. Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington: He is a 340-pound force in the middle of the line. He will be a long-time starter in the NFL.

29. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin: He was a three-year starter for the Badgers on a good line. He is physical at the point of attack in the run game and has improved in pass protection.

30. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M: This former receiver has the size and arm you want in an NFL passer. He started only 19 games and the inconsistency showed at times. He is also battling back from a broken foot suffered during throwing drills in January.

31. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State: He is 6-8, has a cannon for an arm and is raw as heck. He might turn out to be a big-time star. Was miscast some in ASU's offense since he didn't throw down the field as much as he should have.

32. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska: He tore a pectoral muscle last season, but when he was on the field during his career he was a force. Reminds me of Justin Smith of San Francisco.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/stor ... riffin/rss (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17387666/top-32-picking-qbs-to-follow-super-prospects-luck-griffin/rss)

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 05:29 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":3rnym7l4]I'm with you dub.

Oh yeah agreed, however there are a lot of stubborn people in the NFL who insist he is better at Guard which by poistion may have him selected lower than what he should.

With all due respect dub, if Glenn has all the tools to be a great OT like you are saying I doubt NFL clubs are gonna allow him to fall because Mayock and Co. are saying hes a better OG fit.

It would surpise me if you are able to see something on T.V. that they haven't been able to pickup on film and in person.

I only go by what I've read online and heard on T.V. but he sounds like the real thing. Whether it be him or another OG, I hope we are able to upgrade that position sometime in the draft.[/quote:3rnym7l4]

It is isnt just based on what Mayock and Co. are saying. This has been said about him all of last college season. Yet when he played LT he dominated. My opinion is based on having seen everyone of his games this past year and deliberately focusing on him. Here's what I know, he's a 4 year starter, who only played one year at LT (this last year), in the most talented and best conference (SEC), and he dominated this past year (including versus LSU). He goes to the Senior Bowl and dominates (including the likes of Quinton Coples, Mark Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw who are considered elite pass rushers in this draft), then he goes to the Combine and impresses.

I watch guys like Riley Reiff and notice how sloppy he is in pass blocking. I watched several of his games this season and notice he has a habit of constantly diving at the defenders legs. He consistantly spends a lot of time on the ground. Yet he is rated as the #3 guy at LT. I dont get it.

I dont care what experts think, I know Cordy Glenn can play LT in the NFL and do it well.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Interesting how the official time changed on him yet they keep Kalil original time.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
23. Cordy Glenn, G-T, Georgia: He is a massive guard at 345 pounds, which is why I think he could end up as a right tackle. He played some left tackle in college, but his feet seem better for the right side. If he stays at guard, think Carl Nicks of the Saints.

Pete Prisco knows nothing about college football players. He is one of those NFL beat wiiters who becomes an expert after there is no NFL football being played. To say he has played some LT after he just played all of last year there in the SEC is an embarassing comment. And because a guy is massive at 345 he thinks he could end up at RT? Absolutely no mention of how he played LT last season? Come on hawaiiansteel, dont post this garbage.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
...and by the way, Mike Mayock originally had Cordy Glenn listed with his top rated guards before the senior bowl, having admitted he hadnt seen as much tape on him as he would have liked. Now he ranks him with his top tackles. And with the way Mike Adams struggled today and how Glenn impressed again, you gotta believe he moves up to at least #4. And if you are ranked #4 at tackle, again why in the world would you ever move him to guard? Makes no sense.

Tackle
1. Matt Kalil, USC
2. Riley Reiff, Iowa
3. Jonathan Martin, Stanford
4. Mike Adams, Ohio State
5. Cordy Glenn, Georgia

Rise: Kalil
Fall: Reiff
New entry: Glenn (switched groups from interior offensive lineman to tackle)
Out: Troy's James Brown, Florida State's Zebrie Sanders

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d ... -nfl-draft (http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d826f9cd9/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2012-nfl-draft)

focosteeler
02-25-2012, 06:02 PM

Interesting how the official time changed on him yet they keep Kalil original time.

I kinda think official times can be garbage. I still remeber when taylor mays ran a high 4.2 unofficial and then it changed despite what the film showed when they laid it on top of the other guys who ran 4.3s.

Just got to remember lineman never run in a straight line for 40, I put much more stock in the short drill times like the shuttle

hawaiiansteel
02-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Come on hawaiiansteel, dont post this garbage.

I'll be sure to check with you first from now on to see if you agree with all of the articles that I post... :roll:

isonator07
02-25-2012, 06:18 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":3cx9k5i3][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":3cx9k5i3]I'm with you dub.

I only go by what I've read online and heard on T.V. but he sounds like the real thing. Whether it be him or another OG, I hope we are able to upgrade that position sometime in the draft.[/quote:3cx9k5i3]

It is isnt just based on what Mayock and Co. are saying. This has been said about him all of last college season. Yet when he played LT he dominated. My opinion is based on having seen everyone of his games this past year and deliberately focusing on him. Here's what I know, he's a 4 year starter, who only played one year at LT (this last year), in the most talented and best conference (SEC), and he dominated this past year (including versus LSU). He goes to the Senior Bowl and dominates (including the likes of Quinton Coples, Mark Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw who are considered elite pass rushers in this draft), then he goes to the Combine and impresses.

I watch guys like Riley Reiff and notice how sloppy he is in pass blocking. I watched several of his games this season and notice he has a habit of constantly diving at the defenders legs. He consistantly spends a lot of time on the ground. Yet he is rated as the #3 guy at LT. I dont get it.

I dont care what experts think, I know Cordy Glenn can play LT in the NFL and do it well.[/quote:3cx9k5i3]

What I was trying to say is, I think if you saw something chances are so did the NFL scouts. Meaning the chances of him falling in the draft are slim.

I trust your opinion on what you saw from him this year. I'm not doubting that he will be a good to great OT in the NFL. I have nothing other than the senior bowl to form an opinion of my own. At the senior bowl he looked pretty darn good.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM

I kinda think official times can be garbage. I still remeber when taylor mays ran a high 4.2 unofficial and then it changed despite what the film showed when they laid it on top of the other guys who ran 4.3s.

Just got to remember lineman never run in a straight line for 40, I put much more stock in the short drill times like the shuttle

Agreed about the 40 thing but the 40 time of a man as big as Glenn is very impressive regardless if he will ever runa 40 in a game. It shows just how athletic he is.

Glenn had a very good 10 yard split, he benched 31 reps of 225, a great 40 time, has very long arms (which actually can be more important than one's straight line shuttle), and on game film showed that on the field he can excel at the LT position. And again I go back to Senior Bowl week and how he stacked up against Coples, Ingram, and Upshaw. He has a great set up in pass blocking which is added by his athleticism, strength, and his long arms. And you arent goint to see all of that in a straight line 20 yards shuttle.

Dee Dub
02-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Come on hawaiiansteel, dont post this garbage.

I'll be sure to check with you first from now on to see if you agree with all of the articles that I post... :roll:

No, it's ok, keep doin what you are doin, but Pete Prisco is an NFL writer not a college football expert. It would be like Ed Bouchette's opionion/scouting report on these college kids. How much time does Ed Bouchette spend year round in regards to the Steelers?

Ya get my point? :wink:

Keyplay1
02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Just in case anyone is interested in seeing how their favorite players did in todays drills, or how their OL mock picks did they are up and have been posted for several hours on the DEPOT. For some unknown bizarre reason we do not post links there but as usual that is the only site that is spot on with stuff of interest.

Slapstick
02-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Just in case anyone is interested in seeing how their favorite players did in todays drills, or how their OL mock picks did they are up and have been posted for several hours on the DEPOT. For some unknown bizarre reason we do not post links there but as usual that is the only site that is spot on with stuff of interest.

You will have to address that question to Steelersdepot. They asked Planet Steelers not to post any links to depot articles...

None of us can understand why either...it would only increase traffic to their site...

Keyplay1
02-25-2012, 09:17 PM

You will have to address that question to Steelersdepot. They asked Planet Steelers not to post any links to depot articles...

None of us can understand why either...it would only increase traffic to their site...

Yes, that is why I just mentioned the fact that all the results for today are up there. All 55 OL drill results are there. Probably cannot find this stuff anywhere for sure. Uh! If interested, simply check it out.

phillyesq
02-25-2012, 10:26 PM
If you ask me Glenn is going to be Branden Albert all over again. We were all about drafting him and then he went a lot higher than most of us expected. I definitely want a shot at Glenn or DeCastro but we're definitely going to need to trade up. I don't see EITHER at 24 and to think otherwise is a bit of a pipe dream.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

Keyplay1
02-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Saturday a big day for OL vites. The following are some of the OL players picked in mocks on the board. How did they do? Any changes forthcoming?

Chadman: Reynolds rd5 Brewster rd4

166 Matt Reynolds OT 14 Brigham Young rSr 6-5 302 5rd
Reynolds, Matt OL42 OT Brigham Young 6050 302 33 1/4 9 5/8 5.37 25 DNP DNP DNP DNP

105 Michael Brewster C 3 Ohio State Sr 6-2 312 3-4rd
Brewster, Michael OL8 OC Ohio St 6041 312 31 1/2 9 1/2 5.35 1.76 29 25.0 8'0 4.60 7.73

Dee Dub: Nix rd3

156 Lucas NixInjured OG 9 Pittsburgh Sr 6-5 317 4-5
Nix, Luke OL37 OG Pittsburgh 6052 317 33 1/2 9 3/4 5.43 DNP 29.5 8'6 4.90 7.81

Steelblood: Konz rd1 Brooks rd5

103 Brandon Brooks OG 8 Miami (Ohio) rSr 6-5 353 3rd
Injured--DNP in combine

22 *Peter Konz C 1 Wisconsin rJr 6-5 314 1rd
Konz, Peter OL26 OC Wisconsin 6050 314 33 9 1/4 18 DNP DNP DNP DNP

Prowler: Potter 4rd

143 Nate Potter OT 13 Boise State rSr 6-6 303 4-5
Potter, Nate OL40 OT Boise St 6057 303 34 5/8 9 5/8 5.36 22 28.5 8'4 4.67 7.49

Big Rob: Konz rd1 Nix rd3

Players both already listed.

DFlo: Glenn rd1

There is a whole thread on him already. The combine info is posted there. I have not made any comments on any of these players but on this one I am going out on a limb. From what I have read so far on him is some very conflicting opinions. Some very pro others negative. My guess, well he probably will not be at 24 the way every one is talking but even if he is I doubt the Steelers take him. My guess is probably the only one the Steelers might consider in rd1 would be RB's pick DeCastro. But after his combine effort not much chance.

RuthlessBurgher: DeCastro 1rd Brooks 4rd

9 *David DeCastro OG 1 Stanford rJr 6-5 316 1rd

Decastro, David OL14 OG Stanford
6047 316 32 3/4 10 5.43 34 29.5 8'2 4.56 7.30

The reply box split the info into two lines. While it isn't a jumbled mess, it could be confusing. The following might help with some of the confusion.

Rank Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round
Ranking is by nfldraftscout and the info is taken off the cbs.com grid listings.

PLAYER CAMP # POS COLLEGE HGT WGT ARMS HANDS 40 TIME 10 TIME 225 REPS VERT JUMP 20 S 3 CONE----There was just no way to get all this info on one line. I tried selecting only the measureables like Hgt wgt etc on one line and the personal data above but it would not allow it. It would have minimized the confusion and would have looked something like this.

On this line just type the players name etc. but it insisted on the jumbled mess.
HGT WGT ARMS HANDS 40 TIME 10 TIME 225 REPS VERT JUMP 20 S 3 CONE

PLAYER CAMP # POS COLLEGE
HGT WGT ARMS HANDS 40 TIME 10 TIME 225 REPS VERT JUMP 20 S 3 CONE

Mosley, Brandon OL36 OT Auburn
6055 314 34 11 5.21 30 27.0 8'7 4.78 7.43

Don't mind me I'm experimenting and I think I could post the stuff like I did with Mosley and it is not a mess. Even without the 10 TIME screwing it up since hardly anybody does that anyhow. Okay I can reposition the data AFTER I paste it easy enough. [Too bad I didn't think of that earlier]

You know, between this combine data and viewing some YouTube vids you can probably get a pretty good idea of what these players are about. What I am going to do in the next couple months before the draft is find a number of players of interest and watch some games they played in. Some they won and some where their team lost. It might be useful to see how a player responds when things are not going well. LOL

Keyplay1
02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Oops! Mini-Correction:

Dee Dub picked Nix in rd 4. [This is one of the mocks a lot of fans would like to see happen]

Also: I have no idea how the earlier message I posted got rearranged in order. The board did it itself. Which is okay with me.

steelblood
02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
We didn't have much of a shot imo at him before. Now, no matter what the internet pundits say, he will be gone in the top 16-18 picks. I don't think the Steelers have a shot at him. Even if a GM is unsure if he'll make it at LT, he is at least as valuable as DeCastro. He is not as refined (and may never be), but he is bigger, quicker, can play RT in addition to guard, and has a higher ceiling.

What I do find interesting is how quiet Jonathan Martin was at the combine? He was not as impressive as many thought.

With 5 elite linemen (Kalil, Reif, Glenn, Martin, DeCastro) and 3 QBs that could be picked in the first 18 picks, there could be some surprises on who gets pushed down to the Steelers or within trading range.

mainesteel83
02-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Regardless of what position Cordy Glenn ends up playing, he's a tremendous athlete for his size and could improve our line. One knock I have seen against him that may/may not hold water is that some worry he could eat his way out of the NFL (as others have before him). I think anytime a guy is over 330 and seems to come to the Combine in prime condition that will be a concern--is he just pushing for the draft? Given his perfornance at the draft, I'd say he'll be gone long before 24.

Also, something that I wonder might be more important to the Steelers with Ben as QB is making our interior OL the big priority. No QB performs well with consistent pressure up the gut, and in my mind Ben is one of those few QB's uniquely qualified to handle the outside rushers pretty well, so I'd be a big proponent of Glenn playing LOG if he becomes a Steeler.

That said, I think there are 4 (maybe 5) OG's in the draft that will be able to start on day one (and there will be a few other surprises, too): DeCastro, Glenn, Osemele, Washington and Konz (maybe). If we can't get DeCastro or Glenn, trade up in Round 2 to get Washington (preferred) or Osemele. Immediate impact players/starters in the ist 2 rounds would make for a very successful draft, IMHO.

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I think he is better as a LT than Riley Reiff, Jonathan Martin, and Mike Adams. Because Kalil is elite as a pass blocker, right now to me he has a slight edge on Glenn, however because of Glenn's domination in run blocking, I think in time Glenn may even pass Kalil as the best overall. Remember, this past year was Glenn's first year at LT.

My top 5 OL (regardless of position) is still 1. Kalil 2. DeCastro 3. Reiff 4. Martin 5. Glenn

steeler_george
02-26-2012, 12:12 PM
With Glenn impressing again, and with Mike Adams disappointing performance in the combine Could Glenn go before Adams, and Adams drops to us, would you draft him?

Adams-Gilbert-Pouncey-Foster-Colon

or

Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-Foster-Adams

Steel Life
02-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I just don't like Adams...if Poe or Glenn aren't there, I'd rather go after another position than settle for Adams.

grotonsteel
02-26-2012, 03:10 PM
From Walter Football:

Stanford standout guard David DeCastro (6-4, 316) impressed at the Combine just like he did on Saturdays throughout his collegiate career. DeCastro had a 40 time of 5.43 seconds and a 10-yard split at 1.82. He was very strong with and fluid in the field drills. He is a natural knee-bender, and his technique is phenomenal. DeCastro was athletic in all of the drills and made them look easy. DeCastro confirmed his high first-round grade in his Combine performance .

Georgia guard/tackle Cordy Glenn had an excellent 40 time of 5.15 and 1.76 in the 10-yard split. Considering that he weighs 345 pounds, his 40 time is extremely impressive. On the field, Glenn was solid, but still has some room for improvement. Specifically, his footwork needs to get better and quicker for NFL pass-rushers. Overall, Glenn confirmed his stock as a pick in the 20-40 range.

hawaiiansteel
02-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Steelers Draft Profiles: Georgia OL Cordy Glenn

published by Ken Laird on Sat, 02/25/2012

http://sportstalk.triblive.com/sites/default/files/files/blogimages/cordyglenn.jpg

If the Steelers are thinking offensive line in the first round of Aprilís NFL Draft, Cordy Glenn might be the guy.

Although he played LT his entire senior year at Georgia, he started 13 games at LG during his junior season, 8 games at guard in his sophomore year, and even practiced some at guard during Senior Bowl workouts where he impressed scouts with his versatility.

Said Glenn at the Combine on which position heíd rather play, ďIím just hoping to get drafted. Iím pretty athletic. Hopefully I can be pretty good at it on the next level. Thereís not necessarily one I prefer.Ē

All told Cordy Glenn started a Georgia Bulldogs record 50 games in the SEC Conference, so his top-end experience is beyond impressive.

Athleticism and strength were on display the the Combine, too, as he ran a 5.15 second 40-yard dash, good for 6th best among the entire OL grouping and certainly impressive for a man of Glennís size. On the bench press, Glenn lifted 225-pounds 32 times, 8th best among the 55-linemen present.

When I asked him about the toughest defensive linemen he went up against in college, Glenn answered ďItís probably between [Southern Californiaís] Nick Perry and [LSUís] Tyson Jackson. I played pretty well against both of them, actually. In college they kind of threw everybody around, but Iím big and strong, too. People try to bull rush me, but Iím pretty good at sitting down. I just have a big, wide frame, so itís not a problem for me.Ē

Could you see Glenn fitting in at left guard with the Steelers, eating up space between Marcus Gilbert at LT and Maurkice Pouncey at C?

Chris Kemoeatu is the incumbent at LG for Pittsburgh and is signed two more seasons, through 2013, after signing a five year, $20 million dollar deal in the offseason after the Super Bowl 43 victory. Kemoeatu reportedly took less money than the New York Jets offered that year to stay in Pittsburgh. Heís started 53-games for the Steelers all told since being drafted in the 6th round out of Utah in 2005.

However, despite his loyalty to the franchise and previous contributions, Kemoeatu battled injuries throughout the 2011 season and had his share of struggles. His mobility did not appear to be what it once was, and the reality is that Kemoeatu could be a salary cap casualty in an offseason where the franchise is looking for free up dollars to keep restricted free agent WR Mike Wallace. ĎBig Juicyí has a base salary this year of $3.5 million and could be expendable if offensive line help is on the way in the draft.

A young behemoth like Cordy Glenn could be that help, and if taken would likely compete with current Steelers linemen (albeit restricted free agents at the moment) Ramon Foster and Doug Legursky for two starting guard spots.

And of course, even if Pittsburgh keeps Kemoeatu for another season or two, the guard position could use an influx of high-end talent.

Does Glenn show the mobility that has typically been needed from a Steelers left guard in pulling, isolation blocks? Is new offensive coordinator Todd Haley committed to the run game in the traditional Steelers way of utilizing left guard action?

These are just a couple of the questions Steelers brass needs to answer before pulling the trigger on another offensive lineman in the high rounds of the draft. But a 1st-round talent at guard following in the footsteps of Pouncey in Round 1 in 2009 and Gilbert in Round 2 of 2012 would certainly be a sign that the team is committed to keeping quarterback Ben Roethlisberger cleaner in his final years in town.

http://sportstalk.triblive.com/content/ ... ordy-glenn (http://sportstalk.triblive.com/content/steelers-draft-profiles-georgia-ol-cordy-glenn)

RuthlessBurgher
02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
When I asked him about the toughest defensive linemen he went up against in college, Glenn answered ďItís probably between [Southern Californiaís] Nick Perry and [LSUís] Tyson Jackson. I played pretty well against both of them, actually. In college they kind of threw everybody around, but Iím big and strong, too. People try to bull rush me, but Iím pretty good at sitting down. I just have a big, wide frame, so itís not a problem for me.Ē

Laird should have followed that up with, "What about Shea McClellin?"

Shawn
02-28-2012, 09:53 AM
I would love Glenn. If he somehow falls to us...which he won't but if he does...its a no brainer.

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Potential Steelers Draft Pick Profiles: Cordy Glenn, OG/OT, Georgia

by big_jay71 on Feb 29, 2012

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3207963/139849419_extra_large.jpg

Name: Cordy Glenn
Position: Offensive Lineman
School: Georgia
Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 346 pounds

The offensive line has been a headache for several years now and as such the Steelers will be looking at all of the offensive line prospects in the draft.

The Steelers seem to have an affinity for offensive linemen that can play multiple positions. It's probably because over the last few years the Steelers line has been bitten hard by the injury bug time and time again so having someone who can play both guard and tackle, and on both sides of the line has proven to be an invaluable commodity.

One such player in this draft who has experience bouncing around the offensive line is Georgia left tackle Cordy Glenn. He played his freshman season starting at right guard, his sophomore year starting at both right and left guard, his junior he started at left guard, and played his entire senior year at left tackle. Some people look at him as a guard-only prospect while other think he can also play right tackle. I feel, with a little refinement, he can play left tackle.

Pros: Like most men of his size Glenn is the definition of a road-grader. When he gets his arms locked onto a defender it's pretty much over for him. He's not just big but has a massive frame that easily supports his weight. He also has quick feet and is good at getting to the second level. Glenn was a 4-year starter at UGA in the always tough SEC and has played right guard, left guard, and spent his final year playing left tackle. It's that sort of versatility that will make him an attractive option to the Steelers.

His 5.15 time in the 40-yard dash at the Combine on Saturday is among the top quarter of all offensive linemen, and his 31 reps of 225 pounds shows he's got the strength to play the position.

Cons: Glenn relies on his physical abilities far too much and because of it he plays with sloppy technique far too often. He's a waist bender which makes him susceptible to speed rushers which is why he'll have to start out playing guard. He is also slow off of the snap. These are things that can be correctable but it means he is far from a finished product.

Draft Stock: Right now Glenn will probably go somewhere in the latter half of the first round. He could go as early as the 17th pick to Cincy who needs an upgrade at guard over Nate Livings and may need to replace Bobbie Williams if he leaves in free agency. Also it seems like Cincinnati has an affinity for UGA players taking several of them in the early rounds during Marvin Lewis' tenure. San Diego, Chicago, Tennessee, and even Detroit could all take Glenn ahead of the Steelers. Most teams are going to look at Cordy Glenn as a guard-only prospect with the potential to maybe play right tackle.

Final Word: I really like Glenn's durability and starting experience, and you can't teach size. Because of his massive frame he can play at 350lbs., but if he did loose the extra 20lbs. of weight he is carrying I think it would really help him compete for the left tackle spot. Most of his faults are fixable with the right coaching. There's a chance he will be available with the Steelers pick at 24 but if they really like him the may have to trade up 4 or 5 spots to get him. Because offensive line help is such a priority I would be all for that as long as they don't have to give up a second round pick to do so. Glenn could immediately come in and secure one guard spot and could play tackle as well if needed or be groomed for it in the future.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... nsive-line (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/29/2811789/2012-nfl-draft-mock-steelers-cordy-glenn-offensive-line)

Oviedo
03-01-2012, 08:46 AM
My first round preferences out of the Combine would be:

1. DeCastro, OG
2. Glenn, OG/OT
3. Upshaw, LB (I would look to put him inside like we did Timmons)
4. Hightower (LB)
5. Anyone not named Poe

hawaiiansteel
03-04-2012, 02:15 AM
The top 2012 NFL Draft prospects available for the 2012 NFL Draft

By Charlie Campbell

Cordy Glenn, OT/G, Georgia

3/2/12: Combine, pro-days and visits: Glenn had an excellent 40 time of 5.15 and 1.76 in the 10-yard split. Considering that he weighs 345 pounds, his 40 time is extremely impressive. On the field, Glenn was solid, but he still has some room for improvement in his footwork.

2/21/12: Regular season and post-season summary: At the Senior Bowl, Glenn was moved around the line from right tackle to guard to left tackle. He had a quality week and held his own against the tough pass rushers from the South's defensive line. Some teams could consider Glenn for left tackle, but he would probably be better off at guard or right tackle.

The Bulldogs' left tackle had a strong senior season protecting signal caller Aaron Murray. Glenn is a powerful run blocker who has decent athleticism. He also has extremely long arms that help him to recover and keep pass rushers from turning the corner. Glenn started out the year poorly as Boise State's linemen, and specifically defensive end Shea McClellin, had their way with him.

After that contest, Glenn played much better. He had his hands full in the SEC Championship with LSU and its speed rushers. Glenn can be dominant inside at guard. The games against Boise State, LSU and Michigan State illustrate that Glenn could be misfit for left tackle. The 6-foot-5, 345-pounder was a guard before moving to tackle as a senior. Scouts say that he can play a man- or zone-blocking scheme in the NFL.

NFL Matches: Glenn could fit a few teams in the final 20 to 32. The Titans need offensive line help, and he would be a good fit. The Browns (22nd overall) could use a right tackle, and Glenn would be a good option for them. Chicago, Pittsburgh and Detroit need offensive line help and will consider him as well.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012bigboard.php