PDA

View Full Version : Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving

Ghost
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Pittsburgh Steeler and former UGA receiver Hines Ward pleaded guilty Wednesday to reckless driving in connection with a July drunk driving arrest.

The Super Bowl MVP also pleaded no contest to a charge of failing to maintain lane as part of a plea agreement that the DeKalb County Solicitor's office drop the D.U.I. charge.

Ward was sentenced to serve 12 months probation, 80 hours of community service, and a $2,000 fine, and is required to undergo an alcohol evaluation and participate in a risk reduction program.

State Court Judge Stacey Hydrick agreed to allow Ward to check in via phone or email for his probation, to accommodate his travel as an NFL player.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Well...There you go. NFL Conduct Policy game suspension? That won't help his cause to play here one more year if RG hands out a suspension.

aggiebones
02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
First reported instance is not guarantee to get suspension. I doubt they bother to suspend him knowing this is final season.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-23-2012, 09:13 AM
First reported instance is not guarantee to get suspension. I doubt they bother to suspend him knowing this is final season.

The new conduct policy is basicly a judgment call by whatever RG & the panel feel warrants suspension. I remember when this happened and the suspension question came up it was reported the league would not rule because there was a court date associtaed with the incident & the league always waits for the legal process first. As to your last comment about Ward not getting a suspension because it is his last year....Are you saying RG will show sympathy or leniency??? Bastard going soft on us? :D