PDA

View Full Version : I am giving you up for lent...

MeetJoeGreene
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
.. this year instead of something food related, I am giving up something of time. And that is reading/posting on Steelers and Penn State message boards.

So I will see you around Easter. Depending on the Lent rules I follow, I may post/read on Sundays... but I kind of think that is cheating.. but I may do it anyway.

Until I return .. I hereby bequeath the Rights to use EPIC and BEAST in mock draft compliments to my good buddy Ruthless.

Chow. (phonetic.. )

RuthlessBurgher
02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
This EPIC Lenten sacrifice is BEAST!!! :wink:

D Rock
02-22-2012, 06:20 AM
You are like the anit-Djfan

steelblood
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow. This sacrifice will assure of a place in heaven.

flippy
02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Any good Catholic knows, lent is only about eating fish on Fridays.

It's a good season for those of us that like fish. As a kid it was like a special time of year to me. My family never ate a lot of fish growing up, so I viewed the whole lent thing as a treat.

Now that I'm older and realize lent it about giving stuff up, I'm losing my nostalgia for this season. Good for you MJG.

Although, the conspiracy theorist in me says you've got better things to do than spend time on here ;) Good luck to you.

phillyesq
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
That sounds like a true sacrifice. Best of luck!

Shawn
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
My wife said she is giving up sex for Lent. I didn't realize Lent lasts for over 5 years. :x

Jigawatts
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
My New Years resolution was to not celebrate lent this year, so I'm covered.

So long MJG, the board will be stale without you. Maybe I'll chime in a little more
regularly to freshen things up, though I do hate the message board mock draft season.

Hmmm, maybe I'll come up with a Jigamock.

RuthlessBurgher
02-22-2012, 11:06 AM

So long MJG, the board will be stale without you. Maybe I'll chime in a little more
regularly to freshen things up, though I do hate the message board mock draft season.

We all miss the Li'l Miss Jiga drafts. Those were EPIC and BEAST!!! (MJG is already regretting granting me EPIC BEASTLY powers, and he isn't even here to see it).

Jigawatts
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM

We all miss the Li'l Miss Jiga drafts. Those were EPIC and BEAST!!! (MJG is already regretting granting me EPIC BEASTLY powers, and he isn't even here to see it).

Maybe I'll have my son do the mock this year. The Jr. Jigamock.

So if MJG isn't around, does this mean that we can talk bad about him? :stirpot

Why does MJG even post here anyway? All his thoughts are idiotic. Also, I met him
once and believe he is a closet browns fan.

steelblood
02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
...though I do hate the message board mock draft season.

Mocking the mock. I like it.

I never understand the hate for the mock drafts. Sure it is frivolous and silly. But, what do we do on this board that isn't? Talking about what the coaches or front office should do is just about as pointless. If you watch college football or even enjoy it a little, mock drafts can be fun (and you might even learn about some of the prospects).

AngryAsian
02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
This year I'm going BALLZ-TO-THE-WALL for Lent. Giving up potato chips, fried chicken and rice! I know it sounds pretty aggressive but my wife says I'm looking less ninja and more sumo, as of late. Fried chicken is a vice...especially when you have some rice nearby. As a last hurrahh my daughter and I went to a favorite Chinese buffet for dinner. The chips will be tough because that's a staple on Monday Poker Night with the boys.

MJG, your catch-phrases will be missed but I'm sure Ruthless will do a fine job in your stead. Absent, the five year comment isn't for lent....old Asian proverb "man who seeks to paralyze woman from the waist down, should just marry her." Jiga, the Jr.Jiga mock draft is in order...good luck with writing all those collegiate players' names for your hat.

Good luck to all with your lent sacrifices, for the next forty days I will change my name to reflect my dispositionduring this time of denial and reflection...

GRUMPY GOUK

Ghost
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Lent is for quitters!

flippy
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Can we change queerbait's avatar to MJG's now?